Which Britney songs are unfairly criticized?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Outrageous and Boom Boom. I wasn't aware people have been criticizing Why Should I Be Sad, but if they are, that one too.

Also, not a song, but the Gimme More video. I love it and I think it fits the song perfectly. Great vibe/atmosphere and Britney looks hot af. Wouldn't trade it for any other video for the song.

I think the same for the video! In fact if it were just blondney watching ******** Britney I would've loved that.

BTI video is amazing (illustration and story-love the spy storyline she continued for a while) I wouldn't be mad if Britney released another animated video but it would have to be that good!

6 minutes ago, Tetris said:

Work *****, Perfume, CLUMSY

And don't even get me started on Get Back, Get Naked, and Perfect Lover. 

Work ***** and get naked aren't unfairly criticized lol. 

1 hour ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

Work ***** and get naked aren't unfairly criticized lol. 

I think they are. There's a group of people on here who always drag Work ***** as being "trash" and her worst single ever. 

And Get Naked has a loyal group who just hate it for some reason. 

My Baby - i guess people who are mothers will understand it the most, not teenage gay boys (i am so sorry if that sounds rude, i just mean that group for example (!) is so far removed from the subject of that song)

e-mail my heart - its cute and it fits in the time when it was released

soda pop - same and amazing vocals

just the bomt and oops albums in general. I feel like some people here dont understand that its kind of normal for albums to become dated (duh) like someone else said, it happens to almost all of them at some point. That doesnt mean they are bad. Those two albums are some of her best work, considering the time when it was releaed which is the thing you shoul always consider

• 1 year later...

OUTRAGEOUS.

People want to believe she hated it but Britney actually loved the track. She just chose to not publicly praise, mention or perform the track as much SOLELY due to the controversy surrounding R. Kelly. It all makes sense because she didn't want to be associated with him but put aside the drama -- the song is amazing and is her most unfairly criticized song to date. The breaking of the knee during the video shoot also tarnished the song for many.

But put aside the bullshit, the song in itself perfectly fit the theme and attitude of the ITZ era. Her swagger on it gave the song a personal touch and it's shame she won't perform it again due to R. Shitlly's stupid actions. 

Okay, I'm done with the Outrageous praising for now. sorry everyone. 

On 4/29/2017 at 8:58 AM, One Of a Kind said:

Why Should I Be Sad. One of the best songs on Blackout and lyrically one of the best songs of her career. It took me a while to warm up to this song, but once I did, no turning back. It tells Britney's story so beautifully, it adds additional depth to why her marriage broke down and it's just a great song about making a mistake, admitting you're wrong and I think it would have helped give Britney that closure she needed with Kevin. I know Britney didn't write the song, but it honestly sounds like it came straight from her heart. It's a different take on the usual breakup song, instead of a "why me" approach and feeling sorry for yourself, the song sounds like Britney reflecting on why she chose to do the things she did, why she managed to miss all the signs and in the end, why should she dwell on something that she probably knew a long time beforehand was already over. I really like how it repeats "Goodbye" several times through the song, it's almost like a departure from the period of time she spent with Kevin, and that now it's over, she can finally move onto the next chapter. 

Also, (I Got That) Boom Boom. That song is one of the best songs she's done, and I'm willing to fight anyone who disagrees. 

wow, thank you for this, thought I was the only one that saw the dept and beauty on Why Should I Be Sad like that. 

It's a personal favorite for me and I think anyone that has been on a relationship that nobody would give a dollar for but still invested their hearts into it can relate to that song. it's what I love about it, we treat britney like a lost child sometimes like someone who doesn't know what's going on around her but in reality she has made mistakes because she was following her heart just like many of us had. 

On 4/29/2017 at 8:47 PM, WilderWein said:

My Baby - i guess people who are mothers will understand it the most, not teenage gay boys (i am so sorry if that sounds rude, i just mean that group for example (!) is so far removed from the subject of that song)

just the bomt and oops albums in general. I feel like some people here dont understand that its kind of normal for albums to become dated (duh) like someone else said, it happens to almost all of them at some point. That doesnt mean they are bad. Those two albums are some of her best work, considering the time when it was releaed which is the thing you shoul always consider

Fully agree. Its hard to get into it if you weren't into it back then. I get that. It takes an adjustment for me to get into classic movies from eras before i was into movies. But i still gave them a chance and can enjoy them. 

8 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

OUTRAGEOUS.

People want to believe she hated it but Britney actually loved the track. She just chose to not publicly praise, mention or perform the track as much SOLELY due to the controversy surrounding R. Kelly. It all makes sense because she didn't want to be associated with him but put aside the drama -- the song is amazing and is her most unfairly criticized song to date. The breaking of the knee during the video shoot also tarnished the song for many.

Overall, the song perfectly fit the theme and attitude of the ITZ era. Her swagger on it gave the song a personal touch and it's shame she won't perform it again due to R. Shitlly's stupid actions. 

Okay, I'm done with the Outrageous praising for now. sorry everyone. 

Specially now, it will be forever unfairly hated. It's not this bop's fault if R. Kelly is a weirdo or if Britney's knee killed Primeney forever. #Justice4Outragerous

On 4/29/2017 at 8:58 AM, One Of a Kind said:

Why Should I Be Sad. One of the best songs on Blackout and lyrically one of the best songs of her career. It took me a while to warm up to this song, but once I did, no turning back. It tells Britney's story so beautifully, it adds additional depth to why her marriage broke down and it's just a great song about making a mistake, admitting you're wrong and I think it would have helped give Britney that closure she needed with Kevin. I know Britney didn't write the song, but it honestly sounds like it came straight from her heart. It's a different take on the usual breakup song, instead of a "why me" approach and feeling sorry for yourself, the song sounds like Britney reflecting on why she chose to do the things she did, why she managed to miss all the signs and in the end, why should she dwell on something that she probably knew a long time beforehand was already over. I really like how it repeats "Goodbye" several times through the song, it's almost like a departure from the period of time she spent with Kevin, and that now it's over, she can finally move onto the next chapter. 

Also, (I Got That) Boom Boom. That song is one of the best songs she's done, and I'm willing to fight anyone who disagrees. 

Do people actually hate on Why Should I be sad? I love it so much, probably one of my faves - if not my fave, on Blackout. :mhmnod:

On 4/29/2017 at 8:47 PM, WilderWein said:

Huh? I thought i was reading a new thread. I dont recall writing this.

Archived