slumber party lead single what could have happened if

JP9101

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a terrible song, it's just that, it is not what people wants from Britney, if they even want something from her. She needs to release the up-tempo songs, and then, if there's any chance after a few successful singles, release these more experimental tracks, or alternative tracks, or edgy tracks, or whatever you wanna call it.

I always say it, if they were willing to release several singles no matter what, it wouldn't matter what they released first or second, but when the number of singles depends on the performance of the first ones they release, choosing Make Me... and Slumber Party after it, was a really bad decision.

You guys sitting here playing the blame game. :orangu:

SHE CHOSE THE WRONG SINGLE

WE NEED RADIO FRIENDLY

FEMME FATALE MAX MARTIN

BLAH BLAAAAH

Not when Make Me was able to peak in the Top 20 on Britney's name and the song alone for it's debut and had the potential to CLIMB had Britney and her team delivered.

Instead she gives us a shadow puppet show, a knee tap and one of the biggest dissapointments of her career. It's almost like she's telling us "let me flop hard enough so I can become irrelevant".

Slumber Party was their second chance. We got a great video and a talented featured artist who would have been more than willing to promote if Britney would get up off that persian **** and hit up a late show but nope. SP was literally showing gains and good stats on pop radio yet Britney and her team are ok with mediocrity and having a second single flop in the Top 90. :howiroll:

1 hour ago, JSnews said:

Make Me didn't flop.

And she didn't promote Slumber Party.

Glory is a fantastic album.  And everyone praised the Slumber Party music video.

Y'all need to stop with these negative threads and adjust your expectations.  Come back down to reality, please.

By your standards, all of Beyonce's recent singles have "flopped."  But she's the biggest artist in the world right now. So maybe it's not all about record and album sales...

No. Beyonce is not and never was a global act. :madonna:

4 hours ago, nels64 said:

It would have had it had promo and Britney was still the it girl. They're both really great songs.

I hate how everyone starts ******** on everything around here the second it doesn't chart well. 

Wtf? It has nothing to do with charts. I have never liked Make Me or Slumber Party as singles for the reasons I explained. I love a lot of Britney singles that FLOPPED and hate some songs that have smashed. Maybe listen to what people are saying instead of making assumptions about why people don't support a song that you do. I'm a huge fan of traditional pop structure; I value catchiness, lyrical relatability and production, so I judge a lot of songs that way.

3 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

No. She is not. The USA is pretty much the only place that worships her ***. She's only had like one worldwide hit and that was like 10 years ago. There are other acts who are way bigger than her. Shakira, for example, is more famous than her worldwide by far. Deal with it. 

So why, may I ask, did every international date of the Formation World Tour, from England to Wales to Germany to Spain, France, Italy and more were 100% sold out?

Lots of people haven't had a worldwide hit in a while and are still worldwide forces. Look at Madonna. Come on.

Beyoncé is not a local act like some people try to push, but she's absolutely not the biggest artist in the world, overall or right now. What delusion. Not even her fans themselves believe that.

She's not the biggest artist in any country, not even the US, her biggest market. But she's doing well so good for her.

1 minute ago, button said:

Beyoncé is not a local act like some people try to push, but she's absolutely not the biggest artist in the world, overall or right now. What delusion. Not even her fans themselves believe that.

THIS is what I was trying to say. :foh:

1 minute ago, ITZFFGL said:

So why, may I ask, did every international date of the Formation World Tour, from England to Wales to Germany to Spain, France, Italy and more were 100% sold out?

Lots of people haven't had a worldwide hit in a while and are still worldwide forces. Look at Madonna. Come on.

The difference is Madonna had more than a worldwide hit. 

I checked the FWT and she has dates in like 11 countries in Europe and the rest are just NA and Canada dates. That's not world domination, honey. 

5 minutes ago, button said:

She's not the biggest artist in any country, not even the US, her biggest market. But she's doing well so good for her.

Yeah. That's right. But from where I'm from she somehow seems like a local act. idk :weirdmeout:

5 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

THIS is what I was trying to say. :foh:

Then why didn't you put it out ike that tho? :weirdmeout:

9 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Yeah. That's right. But from where I'm from she somehow seems like a local act. idk :weirdmeout:

I always struggle to answer such questions. What are the metrics to globality? If we go by her name, then she's very well known on all continents, except maybe Asia where her name recognition may not be as high. But you can't label her a local act just because of one continent.

If we go by success, then she has that covered in the US and Europe currently as evidenced by her tour. Lemonade sold a good amount in Australia as well. Even though she may not be successful anymore in Japan, she'd had plenty of success with her first few albums there (500k, 450k, 250k).

It seems to me like she has reached enough countries during her career to not be labeled as local.

The only place she's lacking in is Asia from what I can see. She never reported her 2009 Asian tour dates and never returned there.

13 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Well, I am pretty sure US worships her while in countries like Germany or France, for example, she's only an act that sells and that's it. 

What you say isn't far from the truth, the way she is treated in the US is "special", she's a national treasure. Nowhere close to how she is in other countries. But she's still popular and well liked outside the US.

Archived