slumber party lead single what could have happened if

JP9101

1 hour ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

No. She is not. The USA is pretty much the only place that worships her ***. She's only had like one worldwide hit and that was like 10 years ago. There are other acts who are way bigger than her. Shakira, for example, is more famous than her worldwide by far. Deal with it. 

It is because RNB is like not going to happen worldwide, the recordlabel in my country did the right thing to sell them as one single for example Halo / Diva, because they knew Diva wouldn't work.

#70 peak for Drunk In Love in my country, clearly not a worldwide superstar, but everybody knows her name. :ponderney:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

:ricackle:

thats why I love forums. I like gaining new perspective! It's super interesting to me that Beyoncé is a non factor in Russia. Everyone has a unique idea of relevance.

im black and in the USA, so Janet was my madonna. I only know madonna music from the 2000s because I went back and listened after she worked with Britney. The first madonna song I TRULY experienced was HUNG UP, although I remember music and die another day from being younger. Even Britney I didn't FALL IN LOVE with until I saw the verprotected remix video on mtv because brandy and Monica were "our" britney and christina, you know? I only knew drive me crazy and lucky cuz they showed them during commercial breaks on Disney channel. Music and stars and the way we all consume them fascinate me.

I have a question, if you don't mind

Is Janet still as big in the USA? 

3 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

It is because RNB is like not going to happen worldwide, the recordlabel in my country did the right thing to sell them as one single for example Halo / Diva, because they knew Diva wouldn't work.

Where are you from?

13 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

:ricackle:

thats why I love forums. I like gaining new perspective! It's super interesting to me that Beyoncé is a non factor in Russia. Everyone has a unique idea of relevance.

im black and in the USA, so Janet was my madonna. I only know madonna music from the 2000s because I went back and listened after she worked with Britney. The first madonna song I TRULY experienced was HUNG UP, although I remember music and die another day from being younger. Even Britney I didn't FALL IN LOVE with until I saw the verprotected remix video on mtv because brandy and Monica were "our" britney and christina, you know? I only knew drive me crazy and lucky cuz they showed them during commercial breaks on Disney channel. Music and stars and the way we all consume them fascinate me.

Same, first song from Madonna I became conscious of was Hung up. I was 8 I think and ended up on a website full of music videos and watched it. I also watched the Sorry video and "sang" it to the kids in the school yard shortly after. I made up all of the words. RIP english that day. :bgrin:

First from Britney was Gimme more. It came on tv. Yes i watched that when I was just 9-10. :bgrin:

Guest $elfish

It still would have flopped tbh slumber party is a good song but there were a ton of better choices on the album but they decided to go with what the fans are wanted instead of what could have been a hit they also decided to feature a (talented) but not so popular artist tinasha I love her music but Rihanna would have been a much better choice 

10 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

I have a question, if you don't mind

Is Janet still as big in the USA? 

AS big?? Not really as far as exposure, because she disappeared overseas when she got married and pregnant and she had a rough time after the Super Bowl nipple thing. However her last album in 2015 debuted at #1, making her one of the only to accomplish this over four decades, and she had some r&b hits. But her last MASSIVE era was all for you, before the super bowl.

but again, in the black community, Janet is a legend and we never stopped loving her even w the super bowl. Made a lot of us hate Justin Timberlake for a while actually lol - like I have all of Janet's albums and she was honored @ the bet awards just a bit ago 

4 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

AS big?? Not really as far as exposure, because she disappeared overseas when she got married and pregnant and she had a rough time after the Super Bowl nipple thing. However her last album in 2015 debuted at #1, making her one of the only to accomplish this over four decades, and she had some r&b hits. But her last MASSIVE era was all for you, before the super bowl.

True, her last big and commercially successful era was All for you.

The way her career died is really sad. The youth would be more familiar with her if the Superbowl didn't happen and she continued to thrive throughout the 2000s like Madonna.

All nite deserved to be a big hit. I wish she gave the song a better video. I hate the lighting in the place they used. it's too dark.

1 hour ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

To me it is not that strange. DC were not big on here either so when she went solo she was like another girl who released an album. It was nothing special. But that's just what I think.  And I wouldn't even say she's broken into yet because Single Ladies is itself associated with Alvin (you know, that parody or whatever? :hype:) so yeah...

I could have sworn Lemonade's wikipedia had mentioned a #1 peak on the Russian chart in the table but now it's gone.

Glory's wikipedia page also had a #3 or #2 peak for that chart but it's also gone from the table.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_(Britney_Spears_album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemonade_(Beyoncé_album)

:snooptoya:

7 hours ago, BritintheZone said:

They just choose wrong singles :wontcry:

having a flawless album they choose those :wontcry:

Agreed. Make Me and Slumber Party are great songs. I love them. But I really don't think they were single worthy. Maybe Make Me was. But they were both sort of slow. Like the sounds were too similar. They tried too hard to push that by releasing both of those as singles. I would have been happier with a totally different sound for the  second single. Something like Better or Change Your Mind.

But any single will flop without proper promotion so  :weirdmeout:

On 20/04/2017 at 5:04 AM, Vgameman2011 said:

Tbh that's one of my biggest problems with this album: the choruses. So many of the songs would be amazing with better choruses... like Just Like Me. The verses are like :drinky: and then you get to the chorus and :dontlike:

THIS. Most of the choruses are just "uh uh uh" or "ooh ooh". No real imagination.

23 hours ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

May I ask you why the US treats her "special" treatment? Sure, we have our national treasures too, voices that most people love but the way US treats a single person (who, in my very honest opinion, is not that special) is just surreal to me. I'm extremely curious. 

Are you from the USA?

It's because of this whole pathetic SJW trend that's been going on in the U.S. as of late. If you say ONE bad thing about a POC, suddenly you're labeled racist and everyone attacks you. Critics have even said that they're scared to criticize Beyonka because her fans will attack them.

22 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

but again, in the black community, Janet is a legend and we never stopped loving her even w the super bowl. Made a lot of us hate Justin Timberlake for a while actually lol - like I have all of Janet's albums and she was honored @ the bet awards just a bit ago 

Yaaas I love seeing Janet praise on Exhale. One of the BEST female artists to ever grace pop culture.

34 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

It's because of this whole pathetic SJW trend that's been going on in the U.S. as of late. If you say ONE bad thing about a POC, suddenly you're labeled racist and everyone attacks you. Critics have even said that they're scared to criticize Beyonka because her fans will attack them.

Lol, any minority in general tbh. Only people that are allowed to be trashed are caucasians. :orangu: 

Make Me was a great first single, its mature, she doesnt look like shes trying too hard to the young hot chick like in FF, its a great song, G-Eazy was kind of hot at the time, it was a great choice. And it actually had a great start, it stayed at the top 5 and top 10 longer than WB, PG and all her singles after IWG. Before and after the VMAs it was at number #2 on Itunes and all that.

The problem was: Video came too late and was horrible.

Then we had to wait an entire life for a second single, the album art was ****, and the hype died. So SP came and people were not paying attention anymore, and it flopped.

MM original video (it was great, she looked hot as **** and it was controversial, a sure VEVO certified video) should have been released one week after the song, then one week before the album she should have released DYWCO, as the second single, the most Britney song in the album, obv she could have chose better songs to be promo singles cause Clumsy and PS are very weak compared to the others, personally i would have picked SP and Invitation as promo singles. 

Then Just Love Me for third singles, this is easily the most recognisable hit in the album, and to finish the era CYM or LMD.

Make Me was the perfect lead. Funny how so many people who praised it are now changing their tunes about it. Promotion, the lack of a strong visual video and how terribly handled it was is what sunk the potential for it. We had a very strong visual with the original video that was discarded and replaced with a horrid official reshot video, choreography that was watered down, a VMA performance that overshadowed by Beyonce and wasn't up to Britney's usual standards and all the ****** hype (early IG posts, BOM, magazine shoots) were replaced leotards, goofy faces and knee tapping. Had Team Britney stuck with the original route, harder choreo and the original video, MM would have honestly gained more traction and become a bigger hit than what it was but the way the album/singles were handled, it's no surprise how badly the album did in general.

SP had the Hotline Bling similarity going for it but unless she delivered and promoted the hell out of the track, it wasn't going to do much on the charts or pushing albums sales in general.

Archived