slumber party lead single what could have happened if

JP9101

2 minutes ago, button said:

I always struggle to answer such questions. What are the metrics to globality? If we go by her name, then she's very well known on all continents, except maybe Asia where her name recognition may not be as high. But you can't label her a local act just because of one continent.

If we go by success, then she has that covered in the US and Europe currently as evidenced by her tour. Lemonade sold a good amount in Australia as well. Even though she may not be successful anymore in Japan, she'd had plenty of success with her first few albums there (500k, 450k, 250k).

It seems to me like she has reached every country at one point or another during her career.

The only place she's lacking in is Asia from what I can see. She never reported her 2009 Asian tour dates and never returned there.

I pretty much went music wise. Sure, people know her name on here. But when it comes to music the average person won't be able to name one of her songs (I am obviously not talking about her fans). Also, her biggest hit worldwide did not leave nothing on here. I mean it is not recognized. Take for example Kylie. She will get associated immediately with her biggest hit on here. And even if the name might not ring a bell to younger people, even younger people know the song. Every single person to whom I've recommended CGYOOMH knew the song even though they did not know they knew it, they recongnized it. Beyonce hasn't released such a song to remain in people's minds. But if you say her name, some will know she is an American singer ...and nothing else. And considering she is a singer it is irrelevant to be known as a singer yourself yet your music not to have had any impact. Because, at the end of the day, music is that thing that matters. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

I pretty much went music wise. Sure, people know her name on here. But when it comes to music the average person won't be able to name one of her songs (I am obviously not talking about her fans). Also, her biggest hit worldwide did not leave nothing on here. I mean it is not recognized. Take for example Kylie. She will get associated immediately with her biggest hit on here. And even if the name might not ring a bell to younger people, even younger people know the song. Every single person to whom I've recommended CGYOOMH knew the song even though they did not know they knew it, they recongnized it. Beyonce hasn't released such a song to remain in people's minds. But if you say her name, some will know she is an American singer ...and nothing else. And considering she is a singer it is irrelevant to be known as a singer yourself yet your music not to have had any impact. Because, at the end of the day, music is that thing that matters. 

You're in Russia, right? I have no idea who's popular there and who's not.

What's her biggest hit in your country, out of curiosity? They don't associate the Crazy in love horns with her name?

8 minutes ago, button said:

What you say isn't far from the truth, the way she is treated in the US is "special", she's a national treasure. Nowhere close to how she is in other countries. But she's still popular and well liked outside the US.

May I ask you why the US treats her "special" treatment? Sure, we have our national treasures too, voices that most people love but the way US treats a single person (who, in my very honest opinion, is not that special) is just surreal to me. I'm extremely curious. 

Are you from the USA?

2 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

May I ask you why the US treats her "special" treatment? Sure, we have our national treasures too, voices that most people love but the way US treats a single person (who, in my very honest opinion, is not that special) is just surreal to me. I'm extremely curious. 

Are you from the USA?

No, i'm not from the USA!

6 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Are you from the USA?

Because she's one of the top artists that has never done anything negative to put her in a media backlash.

Madonna: *** / Erotica

Britney: 2007

When you pair that "Beyonce can do no wrong" mentality with an amazing PR team, and considering most Americans are sheep who have no idea how the music industry works and they only see the superficial, it's a recipe for success.

4 minutes ago, button said:

You're in Russia, right? I have no idea who's popular there and who's not.

What's her biggest hit in your country, out of curiosity? They don't associate the Crazy in love horns with her name?

Nope. I literally had no idea CIL is labeled as one of her biggest songs until I read on a forum that. And lemme tell you that after I checked it out it did not sound familiar at all. CIL does not ring any bell on here. You can hear Beautiful Liar on radio from time to time but that's just thanks to Shakira (and many people I've talked to think that is a Shakira song). Her alone is Single Ladies. 

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Because she's one of the top artists that has never done anything negative to put her in a media backlash.

When you pair that "Beyonce can do no wrong" mentality with an amazing PR team, and considering most Americans are sheep who have no idea how the music industry works and they only see the superficial, it's a recipe for success.

Isn't that like the biggest stupidity ever? Like, she's only human, after all. How can someone believe that? Oh, my, USA :hype:

5 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

This is so funny to read because in the black community, Beyoncé has overcome so much. People thought she was evil in destiny's child and kicked out the members except Kelly, they think she bleached her skin, they think she steals songwriting credits (i think this crossed over to mainstream) and that she didn't carry Blue Ivy and faked her pregnancy (this was definitely mainstream).

i don't get why people think her image is perfect. It's just she's one of the people where her performance skills will ALWAYS outweigh her personal life. 

11 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

Nope. I literally had no idea CIL is labeled as one of her biggest songs until I read on a forum that. And lemme tell you that after I checked it out it did not sound familiar at all. CIL does not ring any bell on here. You can hear Beautiful Liar on radio from time to time but that's just thanks to Shakira (and many people I've talked to think that is a Shakira song). Her alone is Single Ladies. 

Ok so she's a known name but people aren't very familiar with her music like they are with some other acts'.

I guess she just failed to break into the Russian market until Single ladies. It's strange because her success was instantaneous in most of the world.

7 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

This is so funny to read because in the black community, Beyoncé has overcome so much. People thought she was evil in destiny's child and kicked out the members except Kelly, they think she bleached her skin, they think she steals songwriting credits (i think this crossed over to mainstream) and that she didn't carry Blue Ivy and faked her pregnancy (this was definitely mainstream).

i don't get why people think her image is perfect. It's just she's one of the people where her performance skills will ALWAYS outweigh her personal life. 

Um, those things are not speculations...

It's known her and her father were the ones running Destiny's Child. They kicked out those 53 other members so Beyonce could have her way. The only reason Kelly stayed was because she's Beyonce's favorite.

It's known she steals songwriting and producing credits. There's demos of her songs online by the original composer and it sounds exactly identical. All she does is add a run or two, swap lines or change two words and boom, she gets a credit.

This is why I do not like Beyonce nor do I respect her as an artist. With all of these shady tactics she comes across as fradulent and crooked. I like some of her music and I respect her as a performer but that's where I draw the line. Why not just use your gift to interpret the works of others and gain merit for that? Why do you have to attach your name to something that you had no business in creating?

She shows no remorse and keeps doing it.

What happens is her PR team is expert at sweeping things under the rug, so no huge media coverage is made about it.

3 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

Since I am not from the USA and I was curious I wanted to found out the reason behind people praising her this much so I googled the matter and I only found people who pretty much seemed to think she is perfect. I only found like two articles in which the author did not praise her but them two were still positive stuff. So from the outside it seems people in the USA think she is perfect. Just sayin'.

12 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

This is so minor in comparison to Erotica and Britney's breakdown...

Erotica literally cut Madonna's commercial success in half in the US. Britney's breakdown made her go from an 8M seller to a 2.5M seller.

Beyoncé never had a major image tarnishing event in her career. There's nothing wrong with admitting that her image is almost perfect. It's absolutely fine.

3 minutes ago, button said:

This is so minor in comparison to Erotica and Britney's breakdown...

Erotica literally cut Madonna's commercial success in half in the US. Britney's breakdown made her go from an 8M seller to a 2.5M seller.

Beyoncé never had a major image tarnishing event in her career. There's nothing wrong with admitting that her image is almost perfect. It's absolutely fine.

Beyoncé never had the peak of Britney's to fall from though, that's the thing. That's why it's so frustrating when people try to compare them all the time. The narratives are so different.

i don't know anything about erotica tbh. Madonna didn't exist to me until she kissed Britney.

4 minutes ago, button said:

Ok so she's a known name but people aren't very familiar with her music like they are with some other acts'.

I guess she just failed to break into the Russian market until Single ladies. It's strange because her success was instantaneous in most of the world.

To me it is not that strange. DC were not big on here either so when she went solo she was like another girl who released an album. It was nothing special. But that's just what I think.  And I wouldn't even say she's broken into yet because Single Ladies is itself associated with Alvin (you know, that parody or whatever? :hype:) so yeah...

12 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

Beyoncé never had the peak of Britney's to fall from though, that's the thing. That's why it's so frustrating when people try to compare them all the time. The narratives are so different.

i don't know anything about erotica tbh. Madonna didn't exist to me until she kissed Britney.

it was a very very ****** era. she released a *** book with ***** of herself and pictures of herself practicing plenty of things. :bgrin:

she became a devil in the eyes of America. it was her lowest selling studio album at that point.

6 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

u merciless, I see :hype::hype::hype:

:ricackle:

thats why I love forums. I like gaining new perspective! It's super interesting to me that Beyoncé is a non factor in Russia. Everyone has a unique idea of relevance.

im black and in the USA, so Janet was my madonna. I only know madonna music from the 2000s because I went back and listened after she worked with Britney. The first madonna song I TRULY experienced was HUNG UP, although I remember music and die another day from being younger. Even Britney I didn't FALL IN LOVE with until I saw the verprotected remix video on mtv because brandy and Monica were "our" britney and christina, you know? I only knew drive me crazy and lucky cuz they showed them during commercial breaks on Disney channel. Music and stars and the way we all consume them fascinate me.

Archived