slumber party lead single what could have happened if

JP9101

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it would have done much better than Make Me, although Slumber Party's chorus has just a LITTLE BIT more of singalong factor. The thing with Make Me is that nobody is going to be singing "make me oooooh ooooh oooooh oooooh" along with Britney. The delivery is not catchy. "We got them candles hanging hanging from the ceiling low, we use our bodies to make our own videos" is also dumb and not universal, but the "ooh ooh ooh oooooh ooh ooh ooh oooooh" is more instant than the "oohs" of Make Me. The choruses on both are very NOT Britney Spears and I don't know why people thought Slumber Party would smash.

The only instant hooks on Glory, IMO, are Do You Wanna Come Over, Just Luv Me, Clumsy, Just Like Me, Love Me Down, Hard To Forget Ya, Better and Liar.

8 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

I don't think it would have done much better than Make Me, although Slumber Party's chorus has just a LITTLE BIT more of singalong factor. The thing with Make Me is that nobody is going to be singing "make me oooooh ooooh oooooh oooooh" along with Britney. The delivery is not catchy. "We got them candles hanging hanging from the ceiling low, we use our bodies to make our own videos" is also dumb and not universal, but the "ooh ooh ooh oooooh ooh ooh ooh oooooh" is more instant than the "oohs" of Make Me. The choruses on both are very NOT Britney Spears and I don't know why people thought Slumber Party would smash.

The only instant hooks on Glory, IMO, are Do You Wanna Come Over, Just Luv Me, Clumsy, Just Like Me, Love Me Down, Hard To Forget Ya, Better and Liar.

Tbh that's one of my biggest problems with this album: the choruses. So many of the songs would be amazing with better choruses... like Just Like Me. The verses are like :drinky: and then you get to the chorus and :dontlike:

4 minutes ago, Vgameman2011 said:

Tbh that's one of my biggest problems with this album: the choruses. So many of the songs would be amazing with better choruses... like Just Like Me. The verses are like :drinky: and then you get to the chorus and :dontlike:

I agree. A bit more time with songwriting and less repetition. A lot of Glory's songs could have truly explosive choruses.

That's why Femme Fatale is among my Britney trinity. Every chorus was structured perfectly. With LYRICS. Expertly crafted pop.

If I said my heart was beating loud, if we could escape the crowd somehow, if I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me? Cuz you feel like paradise and I need a vacation tonight, so if I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?

See the sunlight, we ain't stopping, keep on dancing till the world ends! If you feel it, let it happen, keep on dancing till the world ends!

Won't you give me something to remember? Baby shut your mouth and turn me inside out. Even though we couldn't last forever, BABY! You know what I want right now. Hit me one more time, it's so amazing how you shook my world and flipped it upside down. You're the only one who ever drove me crazy cuz you know me inside out.

I I I wanna go o o all the way ay ay taking out my freak tonight! I I I wanna show ow ow all the dirt irt irt I got running through my mind! Oh oh!

I wanna go downtown where my posse's at because I got nine lives like a kitty Kat! You wanna roll? That's how I roll. I wanna go ding ding when I hear that bass! I'm gonna do my thing if you wanna taste! You better know that's how I roll!

You're beautiful! Drop dead! Beautiful! Drop dead! Beautiful! Drop dead! You're some kinda fine! Boy you know you're beautiful, I know you've heard it before! Boy you know you broke the mold! Nobody even comes close! Nobody even comes close... you're some kinda fine!!

Come here closer, don't be shy. Cross my heart and hope to die. Keep a secret me and you and seal it with a kiss. Oh oh ooh oooh! In the shadows where it's hot! Love the risk of getting caught! Wanna taste forbidden fruit! And seal it with a kiss! Oh oh ooh oooh!

Big Fat Repetitive Bass

Me and you were a disaster and you're only a danger to me, but the party ain't the same without cha, that's why you're so good for everybody else, but you're trouble for me!

Spread my wings out into the dark! I'll fly away on a trip to your heart. Break these chains that keep us apart! I'll fly away on a trip to your heart.

Spark! and it's like gasolineeeeeeeeee. I start! purring like a machineeeeeeeee. My heart! only runs on supremeeeeeeeeeee. So HOT! Gimme your gasolineeeeeeee! Yeah!

Mama I'm in love with a criminal and this type of love isn't rational it's physical. Mama please don't cry I will be alright. All reason aside I just can't deny I love that guy.

ALL DIFFERENT LYRICS. ALL DIFFERENT MELODIES. All catchy, all solid. Big Fat Bass was the only weak chorus (even up N Down had "the beat just dropped and the room got ****, you're watching me....). That's what pop is to me. Anthemic.

Just now, ITZFFGL said:

I agree. A bit more time with songwriting and less repetition. A lot of Glory's songs could have truly explosive choruses.

That's why Femme Fatale is among my Britney trinity. Every chorus was structured perfectly. With LYRICS. Expertly crafted pop.

If I said my heart was beating loud, if we could escape the crowd somehow, if I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me? Cuz you feel like paradise and I need a vacation tonight, so if I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?

See the sunlight, we ain't stopping, keep on dancing till the world ends! If you feel it, let it happen, keep on dancing till the world ends!

Won't you give me something to remember? Baby shut your mouth and turn me inside out. Even though we couldn't last forever, BABY! You know what I want right now. Hit me one more time, it's so amazing how you shook my world and flipped it upside down. You're the only one who ever drove me crazy cuz you know me inside out.

I I I wanna go o o all the way ay ay taking out my freak tonight! I I I wanna show ow ow all the dirt irt irt I got running through my mind! Oh oh!

I wanna go downtown where my posse's at because I got nine lives like a kitty Kat! You wanna roll? That's how I roll. I wanna go ding ding when I hear that bass! I'm gonna do my thing if you wanna taste! You better know that's how I roll!

You're beautiful! Drop dead! Beautiful! Drop dead! Beautiful! Drop dead! You're some kinda fine! Boy you know you're beautiful, I know you've heard it before! Boy you know you broke the mold! Nobody even comes close! Nobody even comes close... you're some kinda fine!!

Come here closer, don't be shy. Cross my heart and hope to die. Keep a secret me and you and seal it with a kiss. Oh oh ooh oooh! In the shadows where it's hot! Love the risk of getting caught! Wanna taste forbidden fruit! And seal it with a kiss! Oh oh ooh oooh!

Big Fat Repetitive Bass

Me and you were a disaster and you're only a danger to me, but the party ain't the same without cha, that's why you're so good for everybody else, but you're trouble for me!

Spread my wings out into the dark! I'll fly away on a trip to your heart. Break these chains that keep us apart! I'll fly away on a trip to your heart.

Spark! and it's like gasolineeeeeeeeee. I start! purring like a machineeeeeeeee. My heart! only runs on supremeeeeeeeeeee. So HOT! Gimme your gasolineeeeeeee! Yeah!

Mama I'm in love with a criminal and this type of love isn't rational it's physical. Mama please don't cry I will be alright. All reason aside I just can't deny I love that guy.

ALL DIFFERENT LYRICS. ALL DIFFERENT MELODIES. All catchy, all solid. Big Fat Bass was the only weak chorus (even up N Down had "the beat just dropped and the room got ****, you're watching me....). That's what pop is to me. Anthemic.

YES!!! Agree with everything you said.

Also Femme Fatale is the **** no matter what the haters say :staysalty:

1 hour ago, Vgameman2011 said:

Honestly I think it would've flopped :gloss:

Slumber Party is good but it's missing that oomph-factor. Maybe if the lyrics were better or something... idk. 

It would do very well if it was the lead single since its a hot song

Have you seen half the **** thats on the charts

21 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

It would do very well if it was the lead single since its a hot song

Have you seen half the **** thats on the charts

Oh I wholeheartedly agree that SP is better than any of the tripe on the charts right now.  But it's not my favorite from Glory so :yaknow:

4 hours ago, Million Billion said:

For the 1000000000th time, the problem is not the music, the problem is the cheap treatment she and her stupid team give to each project. She could have released Body Ache but with great promotion and amazing visuals it will be maybe not a hit as big as Justin's level bit at least an average hit. 

This.

Please stop debating over the songs. The songs from Glory are great and not the problem at all. :byebitch:

5 hours ago, Million Billion said:

For the 1000000000th time, the problem is not the music, the problem is the cheap treatment she and her stupid team give to each project. She could have released Body Ache but with great promotion and amazing visuals it will be maybe not a hit as big as Justin's level bit at least an average hit. 

Partly true, but Body Ache doesn't sound good enough to be a single

5 hours ago, Million Billion said:

For the 1000000000th time, the problem is not the music, the problem is the cheap treatment she and her stupid team give to each project. She could have released Body Ache but with great promotion and amazing visuals it will be maybe not a hit as big as Justin's level bit at least an average hit. 

that's sadly true.

Make Me didn't flop.

And she didn't promote Slumber Party.

Glory is a fantastic album.  And everyone praised the Slumber Party music video.

Y'all need to stop with these negative threads and adjust your expectations.  Come back down to reality, please.

By your standards, all of Beyonce's recent singles have "flopped."  But she's the biggest artist in the world right now. So maybe it's not all about record and album sales...

Archived