Was Britney Jean REALLY that bad?

reecejwilson

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's that bad either. This forum just likes to jump on the 'we hate Britney Jean' bandwagon.

Alien, Work *****, Perfume, Tik Tik Boom, Til It's Gone, Passenger, Hold On Tight were all amazing and remind me this album isn't bad. I don't even think It Should Be Easy or Body Ache were that bad even though both songs had issues (e.g. the robot voice on ISBE and Myah singing on Body Ache). But both songs are bops and good to dance to. Don't Cry and Now That I Found You are mehh, i liked them both when the album came out but Don't Cry got boring to me and NTIFY does sound generic and a bit like Wake Me Up in the chorus and it's not as good as some of the other dance tracks from the album. Chillin' With You's chorus ruined the song, but the verses are fine. But i don't listen to it much. Never really liked Brightest Morning Star either for some reason.

It's a forgettable record. It's not awful but it's not good either.

The main problem with it is that it sounds unfinished (and I think it truly is), I mean the shitty production and the overuse of Myah vocals say it all... Also it doesn't have a song that is excellent. (That was a problem with Femme Fatale too but at least that record only had 1 bad track and two filler tracks, while the rest was good or even very good).

I mean, Work ***** is still a very good song. Perfume, Alien and Hold On Tight are good too.

The album should have just been an EP with these 4 songs, because seriously, Body Ache and Chillin' With You are the two worst songs of her discography (and it's hard to say when you know that none on the vocals in these songs are Brit's), and all the other songs not mentionned are either bad or filler anyway...

There are some good tracks on it <like Work *****> but overall it lacks of soul, most of the songs sound like demos and the fact that Britney's voice was replaced makes the whole thing really embarrassing. 

I still wonder if Britney was aware of this. It's clear she doesn't have much input on production but if WE are able to tell the difference between Britney's voice and other woman's voice I'm hell sure she is as well, and still, she kept going with it. I would be terribly disgusted if I found out my voice had been replaced.  will.I.am is not the only responsible for that album, Britney is too. We need to accept that. 

• 2 weeks later...

It has a few decent songs but it's not one of her best albums. Alien, Work *****, Don't Cry, Brightest Morning Star, Hold On Tight and Passenger (well some might disagree with this because of the Myah thing) are decent songs. Other than that though I don't really like it. It would have been better without the will.i.am songs and the whole Myah business.

1 hour ago, notacamwhore said:

Which songs?

passenger and body ache are the most noticable ones and actually only these songs' leads are all by britney: perfume, don't cry, hold on tight(some say myah completes some of the lines but ıdk ı don't hear it) and probably it should be easy although ı can't say whose voice it is because her voice is processed too much.the other songs are like...collaborations:ponderney:

The production is so bad, it's one of the worst Will.i.am works. Every song has annoying edm lines, that aren't even cool, just annoying, nothing fresh, nothing fierce as well. And vocals are even worse - Britney sang very bad on these edm tracks, those squeezing throat moaning are very very very bad. And finally you have to be deaf not to hear that there are two main vocals, different one - that is so unbearable and unproffesional I can't even handle it that her label didn't do anything about that.

But putting everything aside and forgetting about those cons, BJ songs are not the ones that you enjoy listening to and keeps on repeating. Only Work ***** has that epic factor, but I was confused if it's all Britney

Guest $elfish

Perfume is the only good song tbh it's because it sounds good , doesn't have the auto tune mess edm sound and it's actually a single 

I also like work ***** but I think it should have been a standalone single and it should have been sung by Britney 

I get  what they tried with Work ***** and it's has something showy but the truth is that I never liked the song just the bridge and the awesome video.

I don't know why william made this album because he has always slayed constantly with  the Black Eye Peas . :cigney:

Ah, and I like perfume's verses and a little bit It Should Be Easy. 

Archived