Was Britney Jean REALLY that bad?

reecejwilson

OKAY, OKAY don't get me wrong, the album is kind of a mess compared to previous and newer work :weirdmeout:

But the majority of the album has some seriously good songs - Alien (IF YOU FORGET THE GLITCH btw) Work *****, Perfume, Brightest Morning Star, Now That I Found You, Hold on Tight (or Tite lo)  :staysalty:

Overall, without Will.i.****'s God awful production, I feel like it would've slayed more, she definitely could of done without the most unnecessary of love songs 'It Should be Easy' which is the most repetitive song i've ever listened to, and although I do adore the vocal effect put on Britney, I feel it's so overshadowing :orangu:

And following her statements previous to the album's release about it being her personal album, I feel like the EDM/Dance chunk of the album: Work *****, Body Ache, It Should be Easy, Tik Tik Boom etc could have been bonus tracks INSTEAD of some of the best tracks like Hold on Tight (Tite???) and Now That I Found You :staysalty::staysalty::staysalty:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yawnlien is boring, uninspired, features bad production and mediocre melody. Vocals are so bland too. Lyrics aren't too bad at least. 4/10 :weirdmeout:
Lazy ***** is extremely disappointing. It goes hard, but it's not first single material at all. It would have been a cool track for a Greatest Hits. 6/10 :sassybrit:
Poorfume is enjoyable, but has awful lyrics ("mark my territory" ***** WHAT) and repetitive song structure. 6/10 :squintney:
It Should Be Erased sounds like a Big Fat Bass tentative demo. It's plain bad. Melody is not entirely trashy, but the rest is unacceptable. "...my love for you is million billion" SERIOUSLY? 2.5/10 :ponderney:
Ear Ache is the melody of Satan. When you're dead and going to hell, I'm convinced this song plays in the background. 1.5/10 :embarrassney:
Committing Suicide With You  is her worst song ever, it's so bad I still can't believe it actually exists. 1/10 :britstare:
Hope It's Gone is dated, generic, boring, repetitive and uninspired. 3/10 :(
Tik Tik Stop is not so bad but sounds dated and desperately needs different lyrics and overall better production. T.I. part is awfully trashy. 5/10 :britdrown:
Passenger (Of A Broken Car) had the potential to be a really good song. It features good lyrics and melody and it's catchy, but the shitty production ruins the whole riiiiiiide (pun intended). It sounds like a demo. It could have been really great. 6/10 :juggingu:
Do Cry is not so bad, but could have been way better. Lyrics are cheesy but decent, melody is enjoyable, but the chorus needed to be way stronger and the vocal effect sounds really, really, really bad. It's probably just a demo, like Passenger. 5.5/10 :crying2:
Saddest Morning Flop is mediocre. Her vocals sound shaky as **** and everything else is too cheesy. 4.5/10 :umwtf:
Hold On Tight (It's Almost Over) is probably the best song in this record. Vocals sound shaky and it still has that "demo-ish" sound, but it's enjoyable and REALLY personal. With retouched lyrics, way better vocal performance and "Just Like Me"-style production it would have been really good. 6.5/10 :yeaok:
Now That I Lost You is a catchy but cheesy and useless Avicii rip off. 5.5 /10  :notatall:

Songs are bad, uninspired, bad produced, dated and boring.  It sounds like a Kim Kardashian / Heidi Montag record.
It would have been a 4/10, but the fact that she literally sings like 15/20% of the album (Work *****, Body Ache, Til It's Gone and Chilling With You are 100% Myah, for example, and don't even get me started on the "RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE") makes the whole thing an awful, tragic, embarrassing, unacceptable, sad mess. :icant1:

Brandy Johannesburg: 1.5/10. :flop:

okay :weirdmeout:

1 minute ago, Alex_1991 said:

Yawnlien is boring, uninspired, features bad production and mediocre melody. Vocals were boring too. Lyrics aren't so bad at least. 4/10
Lazy ***** is extremely disappointing. It goes hard, but it's not first single material at all. It would have been a cool track for a Greatest Hits. 6/10
Poorfume is enjoyable, but has awful lyrics ("mark my territory" ***** WHAT) and repetitive song structure. 6/10
It Should Be Erased sounds like a bfb demo. It's plain bad. 2.5/10
Ear Ache is like the melody of Satan. 1.5/10
Committing Suicide With You  is her worst song ever, it's so bad I still can't believe it actually exists. 1/10
Hope It's Gone is dated, generic, boring, repetitive and uninspired. 3/10
Tik Tik Stop is not so bad but sounds dated and desperately needs different lyrics and overall better production. T.I. part is awfully trashy. 5/10
Passenger (Of A Broken Car) had the potential to be a really good song. It features good lyrics and melody and it's catchy, but the shitty production ruins the whole riiiiiiide (pun intended). It sounds like a demo. It could have been really great. 6/10
Do Cry is not so bad, but could have been way better. Lyrics are cheesy but decent, melody is enjoyable, but the chorus needed to be way stronger and the vocal effect sounds really, really, really bad. It's probably just a demo, like Passenger. 5.5/10
Saddest Morning Star is mediocre at least. Her vocals sound shaky as **** and everything is too cheesy. 4.5/10
Hold On Tight (It's Almost Over) is probably the best song in this record. Vocals sound shaky and it still has that "demo-ish" sound, but it's enjoyable and REALLY personal. With retouched lyrics and "Just Like Me"-style production it would have been really good. 6.5/10
Now That I Lost You is a catchy and useless Avicii rip off. 6/10

Songs are bad, uninspired, bad produced, dated and boring.
It would have been like a 4/10, but the fact that she literally sings like 15/20% of the whole record (I'm still convinced that Wb, Body Ache, Til It's gone and chilling are 100% Myah, for example) makes the whole record an awful, tragic, embarassing, unacceptable mess.
It sounds like a Kim Kardashian / Heidi Montag record.

1.5/10.

For her high standards on how great her albums always are. Yes it was bad.   I do love passenger. Don't cry and hold on tight.  

NTIFY and till it's gone are good too 

I love work ***** but I don't consider that part of Britney jean for some reason lol 

Archived