Was Britney Jean REALLY that bad?

reecejwilson

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ZAM9315 said:

For her high standards on how great her albums always are. Yes it was bad.   I do love passenger. Don't cry and hold on tight.  

NTIFY and till it's gone are good too 

I love work ***** but I don't consider that part of Britney jean for some reason lol 

Me neither, it sounds so out of placed because Alien was before it and Perfume is after lol.

But it's one of the best work out songs ever :forkit:

I think if will I am wasn't the producer and she fought for what she originally wanted which was the hip hop inspired album with a wiz khalifa collab. It could've been amazing. And TBH a lot of the songs I do like I just think half of them sound unfinished and half of them myah is singing lead vocals. I think if she released it in early 2014 instead of rushing it before Vegas it would've been better and more successful. I still like WB, Alien, Passenger, Hold on Tight, and Tik Tik Boom

i've been saying this since it came out: BJ is not a bad pop album, it's just not up to Britney's standards.

Britney usually releases cutting-edge music either ahead of the pop curve or right there on it. BJ was a little dated and you can tell they rushed it for POM. but i do enjoy some of it still - I really like Alien, WB, TIG and ISBE (despite popular opinion lol). it's not her best album for sure but if it had been released by almost any other pop star it would have been very impressive (other than people like Madonna).

it also didn't help that the era was completely overshadowed by Vegas so it was hard to fall in love with it. we got one proper video, one bad video, only two singles, not much direct promo (again, it was all about vegas), didnt even get any live performances, she only put 2 songs in the show (some shows got Alien but 2/3 songs were just sitting there lipping) - so it made that album even more forgettable. 

3 hours ago, ItsJustMe. said:

she doesn't sing 75% of the album

THAT'S WHY IT'S BAD

This.

And yes, the album is THAT bad. The only good songs on in are the ballads (Perfume, BMS, HOT, Don't cry)  Tik Tik Boom and Alien but she doesn't even sang the whole songs. Myah was all over the album and they keep denying it when it's so ******* obvious. And Will.I.am production only made the album even worse.

Archived