Rate VMA's 2016 performance

CharlieBlue8

What would you give the 2016 VMA performance?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it now, but the whole taking the head mic off and using an actual mic to make it seem like she's "really singing now"....

....like either her team is really shady or really self-aware that we all know that head mic isn't on?

That was a mess.

That shade of yellow was a mess.

But Britney herself was flawless.

7/10

Points for using a vibrant yellow color (an attempt at making another iconic outfit - I don't get the complaints)

The choreography was OK - she just needed to put more energy in it and make it more fluent. It was awkward at times (knee tapping).

Good to see G-Eazy on stage with her, but the Me Myself & I part was unnecessary even though her vocals slayed.

Glad to see the world's biggest star Kim K present Britney (I don't know why people don't mention that?)

Points for keeping it simple but she really needed a harder choreography like Single Ladies video.

overall 6/10

The good:
-cool shadow things
-it was a surprise that she did Me, Myself & I. it was an old song so it was kinda random (i know it's G's but still) but it was fun and unexpected

The okay:
-i liked the outfit but it wasn't iconic
-i was hoping her hair would stay the same flowy-ness from the red carpet. it looked like she straightened it out
-she didn't have a lot of dancers. the whole thing was simple, which is fine, but not for VMAs. it was as if she should have switched the BBMA and VMA performances to suit the shows.

The bad:
-nothing about the performance was really memorable
-she barely danced and the routine sucked
-she lipped even though it's a slow song and all eyes (and ears) were on her

4 minutes ago, KBK24 said:

Points for using a vibrant yellow color (an attempt at making another iconic outfit - I don't get the complaints)

It's because it was said that the color of the outfit represented the yellow snake from Slave.

Which honestly, loses points in my book. The whole point of a VMA comeback is to make new memories, not keep living on what she did in the past.

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It's because it was said that the color of the outfit represented the yellow snake from Slave.

Which honestly, loses points in my book. The whole point of a VMA comeback is to make new memories, not keep living on what she did in the past.

source? I've never heard that. And even if it's true, no one is gonna see it that way.

I'd rather have her in a weird yellow costume than a basic pretty dress.

I thought it was really good. If you forget about what you wanted and just take it for what it is, it is an enjoyable performance with good pacing -- the shadow effects at the beginning were really cool, the choreo was nice though nothing mind-blowing, and Me Myself & I was such a cool surprise -- and she looked killer for that section with the jacket. The energy is really high during that part. I wish she hadn't botched the "need a hand to hold" by singing "need a man to hold," though! Argh! Then the ending drags a little because she is just standing there lipping. But I watched it probably 20 times. It is a solid 7/10.

5/10

Lip synching Make Me is unacceptable. Don't release slow songs if you're not going to sing. 

The Me, Myself and I bit was awful and her lip synching Make Me at the end was super awkward.

I give it a 5 just because I was happy she conquered the VMA stage again. I was very underwhelmed. I mean even Ariana sang live and out of breath while cycling. There's just no excuses anymore.

5 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

5/10

Lip synching Make Me is unacceptable. Don't release slow songs if you're not going to sing. 

The Me, Myself and I bit was awful and her lip synching Make Me at the end was super awkward.

I give it a 5 just because I was happy she conquered the VMA stage again. I was very underwhelmed. I mean even Ariana sang live and out of breath while cycling. There's just no excuses anymore.

i gave it a 4

1xy7j.gif

7.5 but I rounded it up to 8

It was a decent performance, nothing spectacular.  The beginning part where she danced alone with the hands effect was awesome tho

Me, Myself and I twist was pretty cool too

My biggest complaint would be that there was literally zero wow factor in the performance. She should have kissed G-Eazy or actually did live singing :meltdown:

let's just say I was disappointed... 

but I am proud that she came back after 2007 vma

the crotch grabbing tho :byebitch:  she did it like 2 times...I get that she is pop star but in the era of feminism is weird to watch this oversexualisation of her image. in her prime she didn't grab private parts of her dancers, she kept it classy 

Archived