Rate VMA's 2016 performance

CharlieBlue8

What would you give the 2016 VMA performance?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was in the audience for the show. While I was watching it live I was like waiting for something mind blowing. But my thoughts were she looked amazing.

https://instagram.com/p/BJrUAKhA7tD/

when I saw it back on tv I liked it more, particularly the shadow thing and how it looked like a dress which I didn't notice from my angle.

still not the vma performance I expected because of the epic commercial.

also being in that audience and hearing everyone talk about how amazing Beyoncé was and while Britney was performing saying ok I guess we can go home now messed up my mood.

i give it a 5

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

but she showed she can still command and own a stage with less and that she's not one deminsional

Make Me seen a huge increase on itunes after the performance

she still won

Literally we are the only ones that talked about her performance. It did its job for the song, gave it exposure but it did nothing for Britney the brand. 

There is no reason she had to lip that whole perforamance 

2 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Literally we are the only ones that talked about her performance. It did its job for the song, gave it exposure but it did nothing for Britney the brand. 

There is no reason she had to lip that whole perforamance 

Britney was satisfy with her performance and thats all that matters

1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Britney was satisfy with her performance and thats all that matters

Britney is satisfied with the bare minimum these days though. 

So...

I loved the BBMA performance because it was almost prime Britney. Not quite there but the closest I've seen

3 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Britney is satisfied with the bare minimum these days though. 

So...

I loved the BBMA performance because it was almost prime Britney. Not quite there but the closest I've seen

VMA was a mid tempo song that did not call for anything over the top

Just simple and stripped down and Britney letting folks know that you cannot put her in any boxes

4/10 just for showing up and performing her single rather than a HITS medley from POM. 

Choreo has always been messy for MM. The outfit was hideous. God knows why Me Myself & I got promo when Brit could've done a second Glory track. The taking the microphone raised my hopes for a moment but then obviously the lip sync kicked in. 

The start was quite good - the rest was piss poor. 

The promo for the performance was epic tho. Trollney at her best :saycheese:

12 minutes ago, sue the expectional earner said:

and i need to say this too:

that night britney destroyed by rihanna and beyonce because of that awful cheap performance so it hurts her prestige

ah, she acts like really an amateur somtimes i just can't :orangu:

Nothing was memorable or great about Rihanna performances that night

7.  It should have been way more of a spectacle since it was her big VMA comeback, and she should have used pre-recorded vocals for 'Make Me', but I liked it.  She looked amazing, her dancing was on point, and she & G-Eazy had great chemistry.  Loved her version of 'Me, Myself & I', too.  And extra points for G-Eazy looking fine as hell. :bootyney:

6. Britney had great energy and fluidity and looked good. However:

• G-Eazy/his song took over half of the performance.
  • Her lip syncing was incredibly obvious, especially since she messed up. (She can't just sing a few lines of a song live? She had to record new vocals for that?)
  • G-Eazy messed up his whole verse although he played it off well.
  • She lip synced with a hand-held microphone while still having a microphone on her cheek.
  • This isn't as important but I thought the yellow color of her outfit was ugly.

Archived