When Britney messed up lip syncing at the VMAs

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, QueenFlopga said:

If she was supposed to sing live, they wouldn't have the full song recorded, remastered, etc. What you've heard during MM&I are NOT backing vocals. Those were lead vocals. 

The only thing that bothers me is that the vocals were heavily edited. Even if they were supposed to "trick" the audience into thinking she was singing live, they should have done it more believable, with raw prerecorded vocals. 

By the way - if she wants to outdo her 2016 VMAs performance (not too hard tbh), and she refuses to dance hard or sing live, she REALLY needs to invest some $$$ into effects. Beyonce is ALL effects and she is considered one of the best (not imo, though).  Nice costume + nice props + nice effects (water, pyro,  fireworks, etc) + nice makeup and hair, artistic performance + fierce look in her eyes = people proclaiming Britney the QUEEN of POP once again. HOWEVER, as I've said many many times. She doesn't want all of the fame once again in her life. She doesn't want the media, the paparazzi, the attention, the high expectations. Probably that's why she keeps it low-key. :janet:

I agree with what you said but on the opposite side of that. Beyoncé has those things and still manages to lead a private life. She only lets her fans and even media in on what she wants them to know. Unless she's at an event or has an album out, no one knows what the heck Beyoncé is doing ever. She's very secretive and keeps a lot of herself guarded. It reminds me also of Kerry Washington who is like the star of tv's biggest show and has had two kids that no one ever sees. And still can promote her show and be on event red carpets and such, but when she wants personal time private she gets that. I don't think being good at your job and having privacy have to be mutually exclusive. Britney's team probably thinks it's all or nothing when it doesn't have to be. 

• Super Mods
6 minutes ago, John0164 said:

I love this performance sooooooo much I don't care what anybody ever says. Ugh she looks so amazing soooo edible!!! I love the lip synch shoddiness it just adds to the mystic of the performance for me lol. 

Im with you. Yes I sound like a britard but I do believe she still performs like no other artist today even if she is not at her very best. I mean when I watch Beyonce, I feel like she just want to whack the people around her with her moves.

23 minutes ago, John0164 said:

I love this performance sooooooo much I don't care what anybody ever says. Ugh she looks so amazing soooo edible!!! I love the lip synch shoddiness it just adds to the mystic of the performance for me lol. 

:leaving:

Lmao I cant believe people are still trying to convince themselves that she was planning on singing live. Those weren't backing vocals and I mean it's Britney Spears we're talking about so im never gonna assume live singing is happening or was meant to happen.

And leave G-Eazy alone seriously mistakes happen when you're performing LIVE it's common but I guess we're all just so used to Britney we've forgotten how live music works?

3 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

I agree with what you said but on the opposite side of that. Beyoncé has those things and still manages to lead a private life. She only lets her fans and even media in on what she wants them to know. Unless she's at an event or has an album out, no one knows what the heck Beyoncé is doing ever. She's very secretive and keeps a lot of herself guarded. It reminds me also of Kerry Washington who is like the star of tv's biggest show and has had two kids that no one ever sees. And still can promote her show and be on event red carpets and such, but when she wants personal time private she gets that. I don't think being good at your job and having privacy have to be mutually exclusive. Britney's team probably thinks it's all or nothing when it doesn't have to be. 

Rarely someone affects my opinion, but you have a point. I completely agree with you. :soyeah:

Archived