Some say BLACKOUT 2.0 would be bad, yet love Glory because that reason.

indyRS

Glory is more of a melodic album, and probably one of her most 'grown up' music in a while. With that said, there's no track that's like "yup, she's gonna change the industry again with this song" even though there are great songs on the album; none of them are really groundbreaking. 

I would like Glory's experimentation with Blackout/FF's production, and Circus' depth.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackout is so beyond overrated, it's not even in my top 5 of her albums tbh! I think half the obsession with Blackout is because of when it was released yeah it's a great album and she set trends but it's not that amazing.....Danja's production gets very samey samey and some of the tracks are totally over produced (HOE, the demo was way better)!

ITZ is her absolute best album it's experimental/personal/mature/has variety and imo Glory and Circus round out the top 3!

Glory was a  very good album,  it's had good lyrics nice beats and her voice was amazing. It was a very creative album , Britney quirky  personality shined through the album, the album does sorta have a generic boring sound tho but the album had 5 potential  hits, love me down, better, dywco , man on the moon. and I love coupure électrique and mood ring two sounds we never heard from britney. Unlike  other Brit album this one had her personality it really  was her baby. 

I think BO i overrated,  i love the album like all of her others but Oops, Britney, ITZ and Glory for me is the best ones... I think Glory sounds so much like Britney and her vocals on this album is  just AMAAAAZING. 

And i dont want a 2.0 of any album, we already have one of each... i think its more fun with new stuff and i rather have more melodic, slower, **** sound songs then clubbangers tbh because it suits her voice sooo much more. FF for example is great but its even so in the bottom of the list for me. Ofc you can have one or two on an album and mix it up but not a whole album.  

I want more ITZ style where there's songs about the exploration of who she is now in her life--just not a britney jean situation... i dont need another album full of electronic *** bangers that are disingenuous  to who she is at this stage of her life (since she doesnt even go to the club). More urban/hip hop influence would be great and a great style of dance for her IF she could just get rid of Charm please! 

16 hours ago, cgshaw said:

remember when clumsy was claimed to be a club banger f22beeabe2.gif

Clumsy is a banger.........

Y'all can have your thoughts on songs but let's not LIE. Clumsy is literally one of the only bangers on Glory. The handclaps, the synths, the acceleration in the prechorus. The song literally sounds like a speaker EXPLODED because two people knocked it over while getting it in. The song is insane.

3 hours ago, Justney said:

I want more ITZ style where there's songs about the exploration of who she is now in her life--just not a britney jean situation... i dont need another album full of electronic *** bangers that are disingenuous  to who she is at this stage of her life (since she doesnt even go to the club). More urban/hip hop influence would be great and a great style of dance for her IF she could just get rid of Charm please! 

I agree with you, I think B10 needs to be like a modern day ITZ, it needs to be experimental/mature/personal not about screwing every guy she sees or partying and having a good time.....I mean there could be a couple tracks like that but over all it needs to focus a lot less on that. ITZ had a great balance honestly, it was personalney/sexney!

I'm gonna go off on another tangent lol, I kind of feel like Circus is ITZ's cousin or like half sister because it has a lot of variety and a wide range of subjects are covered and there's that balance of personal/*** and fun not to mention there's some experimental tracks as well. IDK why people seem to always put Circus down it's one of her best albums imo and I also don't get how people call it a safe album too because it really isn't I mean think about it she used some completely unknown producers for it which was risky especially since the lead single was done by one, Mannequin is one of the most experimental tracks she's ever done......Mmm Papi/UU/Rock Me In/Blur/Amnesia/Rock Boy were all very different for her! ITZ/Circus to me are her most personal albums to date and actually my top 2 albums of all time! 

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, Britney M. Carey said:

I remember in an interview, Britney said that Glory songs were crafted from the best ideas at the time, but life goes on, new and better ideas come up (so Glory may not sound as fresh and good as expected when it's publicly released). Can't remember the exact words

Oh yeah, now I remember it. Makes total sense.

2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I'm gonna go off on another tangent lol, I kind of feel like Circus is ITZ's cousin or like half sister because it has a lot of variety and a wide range of subjects are covered and there's that balance of personal/*** and fun not to mention there's some experimental tracks as well. IDK why people seem to always put Circus down it's one of her best albums imo and I also don't get how people call it a safe album too because it really isn't I mean think about it she used some completely unknown producers for it which was risky especially since the lead single was done by one, Mannequin is one of the most experimental tracks she's ever done......Mmm Papi/UU/Rock Me In/Blur/Amnesia/Rock Boy were all very different for her! ITZ/Circus to me are her most personal albums to date and actually my top 2 albums of all time! 

Agreed. Particularly the bonus tracks of Circus are absolutely phenomenal. Rock Me In, Amnesia, Trouble are among my favorite Britney tracks. Apart from Mmm Papi, I can listen to the album start to finish. People only call it "safe" because it was after Blackout, which was an oversexual club mess and they wanted more pulsing beats and crappy hooks. Circus is a very ambitious record.

For me, In The Zone > Femme Fatale > Glory/Circus. I'd love her to merge the artistry of ITZ with the production level of FF. I would DIE.

12 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Blackout is so beyond overrated, it's not even in my top 5 of her albums tbh! I think half the obsession with Blackout is because of when it was released yeah it's a great album and she set trends but it's not that amazing.....Danja's production gets very samey samey and some of the tracks are totally over produced (HOE, the demo was way better)!

ITZ is her absolute best album it's experimental/personal/mature/has variety and imo Glory and Circus round out the top 3!

This tbh.

23 hours ago, Britney M. Carey said:

I loved Glory at the time of its release a lot, mainly because it has lots of songs that are musically different from Britney's previous sound (e.g. MM, PS, SP & WTN). The album may sound boring now (Britney said it so) due to many reasons, but it shows that Britney can make good music (not necessarily critically acclaimed or commercially successful) and be highly involved in the process if she's motivated enough, something we didn't see much in FF & BJ albums. We all should feel happy about this ;)

really?:squintney: Glory just start to grow on me

14 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

This was me reading all the comments about Blackout being better than Glory::wtfdidusay:

So suddenly, Glory happens to be just another album, how predictable of Exhale. :quirkney: When it came out everybody put it as one of the best albums she's ever done, even above Blackout. The same happened with BJ, although I do recognize people didn't put it as the best, but it was included on their Top 3. 

I think Blackout is the one that's nowhere on the level of Glory. Glory is so Britney, it's not straightforward pop, and yet manages to keep that Britney essence.

I agree she shouldn't do a Blackout 2.0. She should move forward. But Blackout remains her best album released to date:forkit: 
It was groundbreaking to hear sounds like BO at that time and the songs are timeless. No fillers. Every songs have that special BO dark feel but they are uniquely good, making the album very complete and one of a kind. Also, some vocal in BO are very nice. The album is just very complete. Songs in glory succeed in creating a "glory soothing chilling feel" but there are fillers and I don't think glory's songs are not as strong as BO tracks in terms of delivering the album feel. I actually love listening to both chilling tracks and club bangers, so i guess im not being biased only because i love dance tracks. But i really do think BO production is more in-depth and carefully planned.:lostney:
But Glory is still an extrordinary album, if BO got 9.5/10 , glory will get 8/10 

2 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

Agreed. Particularly the bonus tracks of Circus are absolutely phenomenal. Rock Me In, Amnesia, Trouble are among my favorite Britney tracks. Apart from Mmm Papi, I can listen to the album start to finish. People only call it "safe" because it was after Blackout, which was an oversexual club mess and they wanted more pulsing beats and crappy hooks. Circus is a very ambitious record.

For me, In The Zone > Femme Fatale > Glory/Circus. I'd love her to merge the artistry of ITZ with the production level of FF. I would DIE.

FF isn't a bad album, but it's soulless to me, it lacks Britney's personality and charm.....the songs just kind of sound like empty hits in a way.....and BFB is the worst song she's ever done!

for me ITZ>>>Circus>>>Glory>>>OIDIA>>>FF

Archived