Some say BLACKOUT 2.0 would be bad, yet love Glory because that reason.

indyRS

So many have said Blackout 2.0 wouldn't be good because she should move forward with new music genres and styles, however.

Glory had quite a few past styles of music and that's what makes the album so great!

"Hard to Forget ya" a classic Early 2000's teenybopper Many Moore esqe track.

"Slumber Party" a while largely close to Drake's "Hotline Bling" as well vibes of an older style of music from years before that.

"Love Me Down" could easily belong on Britney Jean or Femme Fatale. Although the vocals are so much better than those two albums.

So I would love another Blackout style album, songs were catchy and pretty creative. She experientned with so many ideas in that album and it made it all the better, some songs were 'out there' and I loved it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved Glory at the time of its release a lot, mainly because it has lots of songs that are musically different from Britney's previous sound (e.g. MM, PS, SP & WTN). The album may sound boring now (Britney said it so) due to many reasons, but it shows that Britney can make good music (not necessarily critically acclaimed or commercially successful) and be highly involved in the process if she's motivated enough, something we didn't see much in FF & BJ albums. We all should feel happy about this ;)

Guest Diamond Horse
4 minutes ago, Britney M. Carey said:

I loved Glory at the time of its release a lot, mainly because it has lots of songs that are musically different from Britney's previous sound (e.g. MM, PS, SP & WTN). The album may sound boring now (Britney said it so) due to many reasons, but it shows that Britney can make good music (not necessarily critically acclaimed or commercially successful) and be highly involved in the process if she's motivated enough, something we didn't see much in FF & BJ albums. We all should feel happy about this ;)

When did Britney say it?

3 hours ago, Barbarella said:

Glory doesn't compare to Blackout tho

This.

Blackout is so innovative because Britney took that urban pop trend at the time that was the whole Timbaland / Fergie / Nelly Furtado / JT sound and mixed it with european dance.

She essentially started the crossover to the electropop phase who's popularity started in 2008-09 and gave birth to Gaga, Kesha, etc.

Blackout and ITZ is truly Britney's best work and I don't think she'll ever be able to top it. I love Glory... but only half of it. Invitation, Make Me, Just Luv Me, and SP are some of my favorite songs she's ever made, and I really enjoy DYWCO, Better, and Change Your Mind. But I always skip the rest of the album. 

6 hours ago, cgshaw said:

Glory was okay IMHO, it was sort of like Circus. The songs are good but its nowhere on the level of Blackout.  :plzexplain:

I agree with this ^ Glory is similar to Circus in that it has some great standout tracks, with some other songs that I just never listen to. I don't think Glory compares to Blackout at all. But like I said before, Invitation, Make Me, and SP are some of my favorite songs she's ever made. 

This was me reading all the comments about Blackout being better than Glory::wtfdidusay:

So suddenly, Glory happens to be just another album, how predictable of Exhale. :quirkney: When it came out everybody put it as one of the best albums she's ever done, even above Blackout. The same happened with BJ, although I do recognize people didn't put it as the best, but it was included on their Top 3. 

I think Blackout is the one that's nowhere on the level of Glory. Glory is so Britney, it's not straightforward pop, and yet manages to keep that Britney essence.

The truth is we'll never change. The nostalgia will always be one of the main factors, so for most of you who became fans because of Blackout, there'll never be something better than that album. For me, the best one will always be Oops, then Britney, and yet her 9th album somehow managed to become one of my favorites. And yeah, as you say, people is very contradictory. Many criticized that Glory's lyrics are all about ***, as if Blackout wasn't exactly the same, except for POM. Most of ya'll believe those stories about Myah on Britney Jean, and everybody asked for an album with less edited vocals, and we finally got it,  and yet people prefer an album which is 80% Danja and 15% distorted Britney vocals.

Ya'll say Glory wasn't innovative. But again, most of you were the sames that kept saying she should take her time instead of rushing things. Well, an album that takes 3 years to be finished can't sound innovative by the time of its release. I agree that it would've been more groundbreaking if it was released in 2014 or 2015. But ya'll don't want rushed things.

Maybe you're right, a Blackout 2.0 would be successful, because that's what most of you have been wanting, but it would sound very outdated now, so who knows. What I say is it wouldn't be any better than a FF 2.0, or OIDIA 2.0. You can't go wrong with a proven formula of success. However, if I ask all of you Blackout lovers, if you like the Circus tracks produced by Danja as much as the ones from Blackout, what would you say? Personally I prefer something like Kill the Lights, but it wasn't something very impressive to me. And his rejected demos in later years sounded awful. But if we look at Max Martin, for example, his story, WITH BRITNEY SPEARS, has shown a progression through the years. The tracks he did for BOMT sound nothing like the last tracks he did for Britney on FF, and they were still very good, so that's something I'm looking forward in the future, because I know he'll always bring something good.

So if I had to choose a "2.0" I'd pick a Circus 2.0, not cause I think it's her best, but just the fact that it has a variety of producers, rhythms, lyric content, etc. That way she can experiment all she wants, with many writers and producers, and she can please more fans. Releasing a "cohesive" album, is not only boring but also very risky. One would just love it or hate it, and that isn't very good.

Archived