HOT:

And when it's all the thunder and rain
The cinema is fading away
I gotta make my way through the night
Holding on with all of my might

Dear Diary:

He smiled
And I thought my heart could fly
Diary, do you think that we'll be more than friends?
I've got a feeling we'll be so much more than friends

Yeah, not quite sure what cheesy is to you, cuz those HOT lyrics have a cheesiness of  negative 10% :staysalty:

Oh please these lines are cheesy AF :truthtea:

Guest Diamond Horse
4 hours ago, everybodygoesdown said:

It has some good songs, but it's not a good cohesive album. 

I don't think Hold on tite and brightest morning star are that good either, those lyrics are downright cheezy, to me personally they are up there with "my baby" and "dear diary" 

Hold On Tight for me is more about emotional depth that makes the lyrics really shine. If you listen to acoustic, it is really deep how she sings it.

Guest Diamond Horse
2 hours ago, everybodygoesdown said:

Oh please these lines are cheesy AF :truthtea:

This might be subjective from you. It talks about very important times in life. It conveys major feelings.

Guest Diamond Horse
1 minute ago, everybodygoesdown said:

Yes of course this is subjective. The my baby lyrics probably convey big emotion for some as well.

But they do. Even if the melody is simple, the emotion IS big from Britney. She is talking about her babies, the most important thing in her life.

Cool thing about Hold On Tight is that it can also talk about many things. It can talk about a lover, but it can talk about God, as many on Exhale have offered to interpret it. It has big symbols like home, holding on tight, by the way it gives room to interpret what is that you need to hold on to... It has "lights above". It has so many things.

My Baby is much simpler. And even for that song, for me it is wrong to say that it is cheesy. It talks about mother-baby relationship, I find the word "cheesy" inappropriate for it.

The lyrical content is very Britney but I think the production ruined the album. While I do like many of the songs (Alien, Perfume, Til it's Gone, ISBE), I often listen to them thinking "This tune would sound clearer without that effect", "This would work much better in an acoustic rendition", "Why are the vocals so overprocessed during this part?" etc. 

I think it gets an inordinate amount of hate for a variety of reasons (some fair, others completely unfounded [I.e. perfume sucks]) but it's ... Not great. That said, Alien, WB, Til It's Gone, Perfume, Don't Cry, HOT, Passenger (except that high note). Perfume and Hot and WB are some my fave Brinny songs. I think people were expecting something different than they got (they got Britney's Jeans instead of Britney Jean) and it was marred by Myah and Williams production... Idk. Not a good album but not nearly as bad as made out to be and studded w some real gems -- and one of my favorite covers!

17 hours ago, TomM0RE said:

Loves it!

people started bashing it after the flop so it doesn't matter.

I perfectly remember how exhale was praising the album when it came out!

I still love it and consider it a masterpiece. It just needed a more involved britney and more promo.

I am still mad tig and alien were not singles. Brightest morning star is a gem too.

actually most of us dislike the album because myah marie has sung some parts of the songs, not only as a backing vocalist.

-

hold on tight is one of my favorites and ı used to listen to passenger nonstop before ı realised the choruses were not sung by britney and since than ı have never listened to it again.

Archived