Is Britney still a good dancer?

I am honestly curious what Exhale will say since people tend to have such conflicting opinions of this. 

Also, I saw this same topic on the Xtina board about Xtina and people were being very positive of her dancing, and we all know she's not the best. However her fans were nice about her dancing. It made me wonder if Britney fans will also be positive about Britney when we know that Britney is the better dancer. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney is still a good dancer in the sense that she looks better than the average Joe would. The only reason people have such high expectations of her is because of what we know she is capable of. Britney is not as good a dancer as she used to be and we can all agree on that; I personally think it has everything to do with her passion and motivation. There are several routines in POM that make Britney look like a not-so-good dancer simply because the choreography is horrible, choppy, and anyone doing it would just think its awkward. Her choreography needs more fluidity. I think she is still a good dancer, not as great as she used to be, but still a lot better than the majority of her peers. 

The biggest problem is the choreo honestly. It looks so bad, I don't really think it looks all that good on the backup dancers tbh...Plus she is dancing to old hits she is probably bored of so I don't believe she is feeling it anymore like she used to when she was young and her career was all she had and everything was exciting as things are when we are young.

It just makes me so sad. :ehno:

The thing is that Britney is widely known for her dancing skills and when she stops putting effort in her dancing it shows and add the fact that she doesn't sing live at all, so now you have someone who doesn't sing and doesn't dance, of course people are going to talk sh#t about her... :sobbing:

It's like if Cristina Aguilera started singing so bad and that's what she's known for, so of course people would criticize her all the time.

She might not be like she was in her prime which was amazing but she's still a good dancer most of the time. When she really goes all the way though like with the BBMA's then she can still be a great dancer.

One of the main problems with a lot of fans on here and the GP is that they're too busy being stuck in the past and they're expecting too much from her which is what makes people criticize her. Those people are the ones that need to stop living in 2004 and realize that it's 2017 and that she isn't in her early 20's anymore. Plus a lot has happened since 2004 like the knee injury, 2 pregnancies, and a breakdown. So yeah those things are pretty normal to change how someone is even how they perform. That's why a lot of you need to stop living in the past and get with the program that she may not be as amazing as she once was but that she's still good and great when she goes all the way.

She can easily be just as great, with motivation, passion, and a hell load of practice.

I hate when people bring up the injuries, we've seen her dance hard even after that.... in rehearsel. All that plus anxiety, no originality in the moves and also no fiercenet and horrible choreo will make her look like she doesn't know what she's doing

I feel like she had moments in piece of me where it's almost prime britney, like late 2015 and feb 2014. Honestly though I'm saying this in all seriousness, I'll do her choreo like WB, then watch a video of her doing it and think "wow, she's so stiff. She's not doing it right!" Like honestly the choreo in Vegas sucks and it makes her look stiff and it's like walk here, do a move, walk here, do a move. It needs fluidity. She needs to extend her elbows, she needs to commit to the choreo and she needs to loosen up. That missy break looks tragic. 

Also so I don't know if it's laziness, nerves if the outfits mixed with the shoes being less comfortable than those of the dance studio and rehearsals. 

Yes.  Of course she is! :hipney:

She used to do it in a different way, that's all. She used to want to conquer the world. She had the passion, she was naive in a way that she didn't know how cruel the world could be and how fame could hurt you so much. Her head was full of dreams and goals. She was a young and free spirit, she was just cool. She had the most amazing energy ever. The fire in her eyes and the determination. She knew she was the hottest thing. There was no limit for her.

And then life hurt her. So of course she lost her illusions of the industry, of her art, of the public. The same people who had brought her up there were the ones tearing her appart.

She's now on top of an empire. She's a legend, an icon but she's also trapped in the Britney brand. What I mean by this is since she's a grown-up woman who has accomplished and experienced so much, maybe she'd perform differently now or express herself in a different way. But she can't, because she has to play Britney Spears every other night. It's business. It's her job. She needs to do what people expect Britney Spears to do. I think that's how she sees it now after having seen the very dark side of fame. Her passion for music and dance turned her life into chaos. That's why now she doesn't want to get into it as much. And it's ok.

For a while, she really was a fearless rebel but after a moment, she accepted to comply and keep working for the Britney brand. And by that I DO NOT mean that she doesn't like what she's doing or that she doesn't have passion because she does. She's a very artistic person in lots of ways and she's been much more hands on with her work lately. But now it's her job, you know.

Because she has accomplished everything you can accomplish. Whatever you guys say, Britney will go down in history as the girl who changed the game and opened the doors for so many new generations of female artists. All have tried to immulate her glorious career. The way she rised back, how she had the biggest comeback in pop music history since Elvis' comeback showcase back in the day. She's a legend. A strong legend who stepped back on stage to face the very people who ridiculized her when she just needed someone she could trust to listen to her and understand her. She needed compassion. No one should go through what she has gone through, for the whole world to see on top of that.

That, I can only imagine, changes you and your perception a lot.

56 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

Also stop blaming the choreo, it looks great when the dancers do it. The problem is Britney. 

in some cases youre right but the dances look awkward af doing the stronger, ydmc and ttwe choreos on the show too cause the choreo is really bad

in stronger they look like theyre doing primitive moves asking the rain god to make it rain

Archived