It's time for a change already

mental mystic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David. said:

ok

if she wanted to go back to relevancy she should do this

perform at big award shows again, not just one or two, she needs to perform everywhere to make people get interested in her

look at beyonce and ariana, they perform at all the award shows and shove down their songs to the public

the bbma was AMAZING but she didnt promote anything, she did her old songs

then after a year or year and a half of performing everywhere she can go on tour once people are interested again

if she tours rn her numbers would probably be horrible

its all a process, she cant just end vegas and start touring

that is why the superbowl would have been great for repositioning her and i know there are people here who dont want her to do it cause she would be mocked for the lipsync and her robotic performance

if she were to do the superbowl she wouldnt go out with her 15 year old vocals, they would obviously pre record and she has showed us she can bring it when necessary like at the bbma or the vmas and im sure they would come up with something great

its the superbowl and britney and her team knows that that is a big deal so they wouldnt just let her perform the mini version of piece of me

Idk promo before the tour obviously wouldn't hurt but announcing a tour is big enough. Like I said, when big artists come to cities radio stations always announce it and put on contests for tickets etc, play the singles, and people go check out the new music and videos, talk about it on social media etc. I don't think the numbers would be bad at all, it's still Britney Spears and she hasn't toured in years.

also idk why fans ask for her to sing live when she hasnt done it ever, she is famous for her lipsyinc 

but i agree that they should at least pre record it, its embarrassing that she uses the same 1998 vocals of bomt

and yes her image needs a major makeover, her outfits specially, they are good whenever she performs in other places like the bbma or the iheart festival but they are a bit dated, she has to evolve and be current

she should darken her hair a bit too, she looked amazing when she had a more golden color like on the vmas but she always ends up bleaching it 

and also she should not make her hair into a messy bun on vegas, it was cute for us fans when she did it at first but now she always does it, it doesnt look professional and also her accessories like the hat she uses for if u seek amy dont match at all for the show, it looks (and i know it is) like she just grabbed it from her closet and decided to use it

scrap all the outfits and make new ones with their specific accessories that dont look like regular clothing

4 minutes ago, mental mystic said:

Idk promo before the tour obviously wouldn't hurt but announcing a tour is big enough. Like I said, when big artists come to cities radio stations always announce it and put on contests for tickets etc, play the singles, and people go check out the new music and videos, talk about it on social media etc. I don't think the numbers would be bad at all, it's still Britney Spears and she hasn't toured in years.

but rn people arent interested in britney

look at gwen's tour, they had to give tickets for 3 dollars cause it wasnt selling

i know they are different artists but people arent really aware of what is going on with brit rn

that is why i say its a process 

Let's be real, right now nobody gives a **** about Britney. If she really wants people to find her interesting again she indeed needs a social media team, plus she needs to know how to promote herself. 

I think if she's going to tour the only people that will care are us and some others, people see her as an lip syncing, talentless has been. So she needs to prove that she's an hardworking talented woman and then people will respect her more. 

49 minutes ago, David. said:

also idk why fans ask for her to sing live when she hasnt done it ever, she is famous for her lipsyinc 

but i agree that they should at least pre record it, its embarrassing that she uses the same 1998 vocals of bomt

and yes her image needs a major makeover, her outfits specially, they are good whenever she performs in other places like the bbma or the iheart festival but they are a bit dated, she has to evolve and be current

she should darken her hair a bit too, she looked amazing when she had a more golden color like on the vmas but she always ends up bleaching it 

and also she should not make her hair into a messy bun on vegas, it was cute for us fans when she did it at first but now she always does it, it doesnt look professional and also her accessories like the hat she uses for if u seek amy dont match at all for the show, it looks (and i know it is) like she just grabbed it from her closet and decided to use it

scrap all the outfits and make new ones with their specific accessories that dont look like regular clothing

Why do people lie and say she never sang live ever when she used to sing live all the time?

Just now, Britneyisfire said:

Why do people lie and say she never sang live ever when she used to sing live all the time?

she didnt sing live all the time

she sang live often at the beginning of her career and after britney era she rarely did it and even the oops tour was pre recorded, those werent live vocals sorry to burst your bubble 

so no, it isnt a lie 

1 minute ago, David. said:

she didnt sing live all the time

she sang live often at the beginning of her career and after britney era she rarely did it and even the oops tour was pre recorded, those werent live vocals sorry to burst your bubble 

so no, it isnt a lie 

You said "ever". As if she never did it. That is a lie. Choose your words better and stop discrediting Britney for what she did in her career. 

I agree with everything but the "Brintey should do more urban stuff" - Seriously, Britney is known for pop masterpieces such as "Toxic", "Till The World Ends", "Oops!...", "Womanizer". This is what she can do best! - I would love to hear more urban sounds by her because I think that this genre perfectly fits to her voice but if her team and Britney want her to be successful again, she should bring back some pop masterpieces first to remind the general public that she's still the ******* Queen of Pop (nah, I like Madonna as well but it had been confirmed that Britney's the Queen (source: "Kill The Lights")).

Sis, I agree with you completely, but you need to understand that Britney is a pop music veteran. It's not like she was when she was 16/17/18 years old where she does whatever her manager/label tells her to, she does what she wants nowadays. Britney has stated several times that she was tired of touring. Even as far back as the Circus tour she would mention how tired she was traveling the world, and it really showed during the Femme Fatale tour where she looked bloated and tired for most of the tour. Do you want that Britney back? Vegas is a pain in the ***, but it's giving Britney the stability she needs for herself and her kids. Plus, it's not really destroying her career. If Britney wasn't in Vegas right now, I highly doubt she'd be touring. And without going on tour and without the residency, she wouldn't be in public AT ALL. At least Vegas is keeping her in the public eye (in America at least).

I miss bad *** Britney too. I miss the Britney who would get on stage and give it her all. Who would actually take the time to collaborate with her producers and take risks with her music, videos, and performances. But we have to accept that that Britney is gone now. Her career has taken a back seat to her kids and her private life. You either have to accept that or move on.

2 hours ago, britneyluv2001 said:

I completely agree with the social media thing. She needs to post pictures of herself that have better quality and are more glamorous. Good lighting is very important.

Like this:

xtina-selfie-4-572x560.jpg

db03f3edd8abe3960d79a9808780245f.jpg

14279102_1020625754702127_1036993573_n.j

(Christina Aguilera, Kate Bosworth, and Carmen Electra)

This too omg. I LOVE the candid photos she posts, but sometimes I wish she would post glamour shot like these. The David Roemer outtakes are a good step tho!

I've gone back and forth on this idea but ultimately she's not doing bad.  Is she doing epically amazing, no.  But she's still an icon and legend and that won't be taken away.  Even if she did 30 years in Vegas and shaved her head again.  I dislike the styling and a lot of other stuff but it's not doing much damage and in the long-run when she can say she's doing a world tour that will start headlines..."First world tour in 5 years" or whatever it's been now on Ellen and late night t.v. and magazine covers.  I can see it now and she'll sell out arena's again.  So I'm content.  At the mo.  Her team will learn from their mistake.  They always do.

6 hours ago, britneyluv2001 said:

I completely agree with the social media thing. She needs to post pictures of herself that have better quality and are more glamorous. Good lighting is very important.

Like this:

xtina-selfie-4-572x560.jpg

db03f3edd8abe3960d79a9808780245f.jpg

14279102_1020625754702127_1036993573_n.j

(Christina Aguilera, Kate Bosworth, and Carmen Electra)

You realize none of these ******* are relevant today, right?  Don't think she should be following what they're doing.  Call me cray.

Agreed something needs to change.  She needs to have her image revamped or atleasted marketed and promoted properly.   I loved glory. But people want banger Britney edgey dark Britney.  She was starting to be creative and experimental with glory but she needs to go further.   More songs like mood ring!!! That song slayed me and would have done great as a single.  She's losing fans by staying in vegas

8 hours ago, BritintheZone said:

Idk about changing he music :weirdmeout:  the r&b didnt work out

We'll glory came out amazing cause  she wanted to experiment and be in control again. If she wants to do an R&B sound then she should or whatever style but honestly I don't want an album if she's not into it. FF and BJ cannot repeat. Everything she's doing in the last two years is great but now we need her team to take that to the next level. Like someone to get Britneys vision and have it come out polished. Glory also worked cause she had people who genuinely respect her as an artist - Justin Tranter, Julia, Tinashe, Karen's kwak. Not saying everyone else is trying to make her fail but they're really behind the times. She doesn't even need to be promoting herself all the time, doing it smartly and big is better than doing a bunch of shitty promo everywhere. Britney is at a point her career that she can't be chasing hits, do something creative and challenging for herself. That's what I want for 2017 and I think when the GP see that they'll begin to take her seriously more. This era felt like a bandaid for all the damage of 2011-2014, hopefully rca doesn't take over B10 cause this album didn't do as good as they thought

5 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Sis, I agree with you completely, but you need to understand that Britney is a pop music veteran. It's not like she was when she was 16/17/18 years old where she does whatever her manager/label tells her to, she does what she wants nowadays. Britney has stated several times that she was tired of touring. Even as far back as the Circus tour she would mention how tired she was traveling the world, and it really showed during the Femme Fatale tour where she looked bloated and tired for most of the tour. Do you want that Britney back? Vegas is a pain in the ***, but it's giving Britney the stability she needs for herself and her kids. Plus, it's not really destroying her career. If Britney wasn't in Vegas right now, I highly doubt she'd be touring. And without going on tour and without the residency, she wouldn't be in public AT ALL. At least Vegas is keeping her in the public eye (in America at least).

I miss bad *** Britney too. I miss the Britney who would get on stage and give it her all. Who would actually take the time to collaborate with her producers and take risks with her music, videos, and performances. But we have to accept that that Britney is gone now. Her career has taken a back seat to her kids and her private life. You either have to accept that or move on.

Yeah and it's not like Vegas is locking her up. She traveled this last year and said she's been open to it and doesn't perform 24/7- I think she's gonna do some more traveling here and there. But I honestly just wanna see her experiment again and take her craft seriously even if it's just a side thing for her now. Like she's embarrassing her own hard work with 15 year old cd vocals in POM and choppy choreo. Keep working with ppl who'll help make something she and her fans can be proud of. Glory was a good step and hope it continues 

look at Madonna (most of the time) andJanet, they're in their fifties but even w a couple flop albums make good stuff. JLO on the other hand, seems a bit try hard

Archived