George Michael disappeared. He achieved the 'legendary popstar' status. Do u think it will be the same w/ Britney?

Maryy

Well she is not the most talked about or discussed celebrity who’s in the media 24/7 nowadays but I’d definitely like to think her impact in the 2000s + BOMT is enough to cement the legend status although she may not have stuck as long as Madonna or Michael.

Will she be hailed on the same level as Michael Jackson? I doubt it but certainly an icon who influenced many of the pop sounds relevant now, set trends and made history.

That doesn’t take away from the fact that she has a number of haters due to her not singing live, not having writing credits on her biggest hits or her declining performing skills.

No offence, just what I feel because since I only became a fan in 2018, I was a part of the GP until then and that’s how they perceive her :yaknow:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Britney dies I think there will be massive outcry. Although in regards to George Michael when he died I felt like given how big he was - there was no real media frenzy on his death and it all went a bit hush hush. Not sure why but it wasn’t exactly a huge funeral and well publicised event. I think it’ll be massive with Britney because most people know who she is plus she’s still talked about in the press a lot despite not actually doing very much atm. I think that’s just Britney’s power. People are always talking about her even 21 years after her debut.   

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Well she is not the most talked about or discussed celebrity who’s in the media 24/7 nowadays but I’d definitely like to think her impact in the 2000s + BOMT is enough to cement the legend status although she may not have stuck as long as Madonna or Michael.

Will she be hailed on the same level as Michael Jackson? I doubt it but certainly an icon who influenced many of the pop sounds relevant now, set trends and made history.

That doesn’t take away from the fact that she has a number of haters due to her not singing live, not having writing credits on her biggest hits or her declining performing skills.

No offence, just what I feel because since I only became a fan in 2018, I was a part of the GP until then and that’s how they perceive her :yaknow:

She’s always been a lover her/hate her kind of artist. Only time will tell but I have a feeling she would reach that status especially with all the trauma in her life, people like a phoenix rising from the ashes story. 

10 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

When Britney dies I think there will be massive outcry. Although in regards to George Michael when he died I felt like given how big he was - there was no real media frenzy on his death and it all went a bit hush hush. Not sure why but it wasn’t exactly a huge funeral and well publicised event. I think it’ll be massive with Britney because most people know who she is plus she’s still talked about in the press a lot despite not actually doing very much atm. I think that’s just Britney’s power. People are always talking about her even 21 years after her debut.   

Probably because Carrie Fisher died on the next day. Also George left America. 

Archived