George Michael disappeared. He achieved the 'legendary popstar' status. Do u think it will be the same w/ Britney?

Maryy

it's a tough thing to think about i know that... :tifftear:

RIP George Michael. such an inspiration, both musically and socially. :crying1:

but when the time comes to Britney, do you think she will me known and recognized as a 'legendary popstar' like George Michael, Michael Jackson? 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

George Michael was regarded a legend way before his death. He was a true visionary who did wonders for British artists, and the gay community within the industry. 

Britney has already reached legendary status, already proven by her impact on the current cohort of stars. She has a legacy many artists could only dream of. I think she'll be highly thought of when she passes, no doubt about it. :otears:

6 minutes ago, Damon said:

George Michael was regarded a legend way before his death. He was a true visionary who did wonders for British artists, and the gay community within the industry. 

Britney has already reached legendary status, already proven by her impact on the current cohort of stars. She has a legacy many artists could only dream of. I think she'll be highly thought of when she passes, no doubt about it. :otears:

omg i want to think that it's actually true :otears:

our baby a legend :otears:

Just now, button said:

She is a pop culture legend but nothing more than a music icon. Her chance at becoming a music legend faded starting from Circus. What kind of music legend has Britney Jean and Femme fatale in her discography? :tiffsmoke:

she may have something more to prove yeah... but she is reaching that. she is more than a music icon nowadays. she was polemic and survived to all of her problems. she is a case study for all that and her musical impact to. from a role model to a sensual, trend icon. in many ways. :wannadie:

Britney was a legend even on her prime, how many singers release a Greatest Hits album with only 5 years of career and 4 albums? That says it all. Not so many. :staysalty:

About George Michael, he was not a music legend but he was definitely a pop music icon, his legacy is amazing and he did so much for the gay community and paved the way for many further singers as well as Madonna, Michael Jackson, etc. :donewithit:

Just now, Million Billion said:

Britney was a legend even on her prime, how many singers release a Greatest Hits album with only 5 years of career and 4 albums? That says it all. Not so many. :staysalty:

About George Michael, he was not a music legend but he was definitely a pop music icon, his legacy is amazing and he did so much for the gay community and paved the way for many further singers as well as Madonna, Michael Jackson, etc. :donewithit:

This. The fact this is even a question :blol:

20 minutes ago, button said:

She is a pop culture legend but nothing more than a music icon. Her chances at becoming a music legend faded starting from Circus. What kind of music legend has Britney Jean and Femme fatale in her discography? :tiffsmoke:

femme fatala is a good album, its dated af now but back then it was a solid album

britney's presence being trash back then is a whole other story but the album itself wasnt a bad album

21 minutes ago, button said:

She is a pop culture legend but nothing more than a music icon. Her chances at becoming a music legend faded starting from Circus. What kind of music legend has Britney Jean and Femme fatale in her discography? :tiffsmoke:

The same kind of legend among her peers that is the only one with an album in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame's catalog cited for influential contributions to pop music. :forkit:

Femme Fatale was received well and spawned 3 big hits for her, cemented her legacy in 3 decades on top and gave us a successful world tour (regardless of the quality of her performance.)

What exactly is wrong with uptempo dance music? Micheal has Blood On the Dance Floor, Madonna has Hard Candy. What is your point bb? :staysalty:

34 minutes ago, David. said:

femme fatala is a good album, its dated af now but back then it was a solid album

britney's presence being trash back then is a whole other story but the album itself wasnt a bad album

Maybe it wasn't worded correctly, but I'm not talking about the quality of Femme fatale.

A music legend does more than following the trend of 2011. A music legend gives somethig of value to music. That's what I meant.

Also I'm not sure why people are downvoting me? She is a legend, but for pop culture, not to the world of music/musicality. Girl doesn't even sing live. Come on.

George was a music legend. Not even sure why there is a comparison between the 2.

22 minutes ago, button said:

I was not expecting a post like this from you tbh :idkney:

You need to remember the c-ship... Britney's case is special

Anyway she's ofc a legend already :tiffanynod:

36 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The same kind of legend among her peers that is the only one with an album in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame's catalog cited for influential contributions to pop music. :forkit:

Femme Fatale was received well and spawned 3 big hits for her, cemented her legacy in 3 decades on top and gave us a successful world tour (regardless of the quality of her performance.)

What exactly is wrong with uptempo dance music? Micheal has Blood On the Dance Floor, Madonna has Hard Candy. What is your point bb? :staysalty:

Honey all of what you mentioned cements her as a legendary popstar/entertainment legend, not a music legend. George was the latter.

Do people even make the distinction? :tiffsmoke:

Also, Blackout is in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame's library. It's nothing particular. Who are you trying to fool?

2 minutes ago, button said:

Maybe it wasn't worded correctly, but I'm not talking about the quality of Femme fatale.

A music legend does more than following the trend of 2011. A music legend gives somethig of value to music. That's what I meant.

Also I'm not sure why people are downvoting me? She is a legend, but for pop culture and pop music, not to the world of music/musicality. Girl doesn't even sing live. Come on.

George was a music legend. Not even sure why there is a comparison between the 2.

Britney was the one who was first in line of that trend though? She literally brought the whole dubstep trend to pop radio. It was the first of it's kind to go fully mainstream... :sassybrit:

26 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

So you're saying that pop music isn't "real" music? What are you talking about hun? :weirdmeout:

Are you really trying to argue that Britney is a music legend? You want us to lump her with Mariah Carey and George?

You can be a legendary popstar and a pop culture legend without being being a music legend. A music legend contributes something of value to music. It's someone with vast musical talent (songwriting, instruments ect) . It's very easy to make this distinction. :weirdmeout:

Archived