What do you think Britney performing mini Vegas sets mean?

shap_half

We all know that the reason she started Vegas and stopped touring is because she didn't want to have to travel in order to spend more time with her boys. And this was obviously the plan with Britney Jean, when she introduced many songs from the album into POM as soon as it came out. 

But when Glory was released, she's barely performed any of the songs from the album in POM. It's been four months since Glory came out, and we've seen only three songs performed live. And then she's been performing mini Vegas sets all over the country and in London. And if that's to promote POM, it doesn't make sense to me. Why perform half of POM in these festivals? That's not going to entice people to fly to Vegas. They've already seen half the show, and there are no extra acts.

I honestly don't know what's happening. This is not meant to criticize the strategy behind these decisions, but I wonder if anyone has any conjectures about what his might all mean. It just seems kinda careless to not gather more buzz for an album when you have a residency with which to do whatever you want. I want to be optimistic and say they're saving those Glory performances for a tour, but it's like asking for a pig to grow wings and fly. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She only performed 3 Britney Jean songs in Piece Of Me though...the same amount as Glory....

Her Vegas show is as a legacy act. People aren't paying to hear new material from her, they wanna hear the songs that are nostalgic for them. Just like how the crowd was quiet when she performed Glory songs during her festival sets, people just wanna hear her back catalog hits, and as a Vegas act that's what she'll mainly perform because Vegas is where the money is at. 

13 minutes ago, cristalmontgro said:

I think means POM promo, it is not new that her team is 100% focused on full fill every night in Vegas.

It is the most profitable.

:crying11:

1 minute ago, Britilicious said:

She only performed 3 Britney Jean songs in Piece Of Me though...the same amount as Glory....

Her Vegas show is as a legacy act. People aren't paying to hear new material from her, they wanna hear the songs that are nostalgic for them. Just like how the crowd was quiet when she performed Glory songs during her festival sets, people just wanna hear her back catalog hits, and as a Vegas act that's what she'll mainly perform because Vegas is where the money is at. 

All diz :sobbing:

To remind people that she's still alive.

POM has always been a Greatest Hits vegas show, so they're doing this to remind people that she's still around. I think they plan to do more stuff after her vegas contract is over. She cant do much while she's still in there.

14 minutes ago, Britilicious said:

preach it, sis :staysalty:

3 hours ago, Britilicious said:

110% true!

The truth is her Vegas show sells and its what makes them money. The GP eats up the classics and her greatest hits. I doubt they have time to do brand new routines and choreography for each one-off festivals, etc.

They kind of gave Glory a shot at least including promoting it as much as she had time for including talk shows in the UK. I wish the album would have charted higher and sold more copies. It would be a completely different story if that were the case.

If for "many songs" you mean Work *****, Perfume and the barely performed Alien... :squintney:

I'm still waiting for the BJ tracks "to grow on her" so she adds them to the show, as the producer said back then. :sassybrit:

I don't think there's any particular reason behind the "Vegas mini sets" except that those are the routines they already have rehearsed, and they just adjust them a little, so they don't have to come up with something new. It's like the ITZ set from the promo performances of that era, it included MATM, Toxic, Boom Boom, Breathe on Me and Boys/Slave. Only the ABC especial got Everytime and BOMT, and BOM and BB weren't performed in all of the performances I think, but still, that was like the set. The difference is that now she has a longer career, a longer list of hits, and I don't think there's nothing wrong with promoting the old songs. They're gonna make money one way or another. Of course I wish she performed more songs from Glory, but I also see that would leave a huge part of the audience very confused.

Imagine a set of MM, SP, DYWCO, Invitation, MOTM, JLM, etc. Everybody would be like :plzexplain::weirdmeout: I think it's admirable that songs like Toxic, Slave, Stronger still have that impact after more than a decade (I feel so old saying that). So it's actually pretty logical why they would try to introduce the new songs accompanied by the old hits that everybody knows, I mean,  that truly everybody knows and not songs like BOM that are just known by the fans, especially at radio festivals where she's not the only performer. And why they haven't added more Glory songs, or for example, why SP wasn't included since the first promo performances, I guess the answer is again, they simply don't wanna waste too much time in rehearsals and props and whatever.

1 hour ago, Instant Dejavu said:

I'm okay with it, but remove Crazy/Stronger. :bpo:

Yeah Gimme More is iconic hit and she kills it. Wow she has lots of hits to choose from tbh.

i think she does a good mix considering - of course people go to see her GH though. Perhaps after Vegas we'll get the Circus tour treatment for Glory. I'm fine not seeing BJ performed tbh

52 minutes ago, Oh My Stars said:

I think you guys need to learn how things work.

its not a mini Vegas.

they need to replace crazy/stronger though. They are dated. Replace with gimme more and another Blackout song or something. 

Maybe Gimme More, BOMT, Oops (even tho she's tired of those two :( ) , TTWE, S&S

Think of the Vegas residency like a tour. if she was on tour and also performing at these radio festivals, she would use the same routines/set-list from the tour. Many artists do this, even Britney has done it in the past. I do wish she performed more Glory songs though. And, I'm not sure what her contract for POM is, but maybe she has to promote the residency if she's performing outside of The Axis. 

Archived