Why Does Britney Keep Mispronouncing Tinashe's Name?

Guest Arckangel

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, falka said:

I think it's weird that Tinashe still has "Tee•NAH•shay" written on her insta... I see her as a really great girl, but this constant pointing out how to pronounce it, is getting on my nerves... :idkney:

As someone who doesn't have a regular run of the mill name like Jake or James... Pointing out how to pronounce your name is almost ******* necessary when you constantly hear people mispronounce your name and look stupid trying to sound it out like if they are learning a new language. 

I'm pretty sure Tinashe told Britney how to pronounce it, because if you look closely at her face, she doesn't seem bothered or even a flinch when Britney says Tinasha.  For example, if it was TinashEH, the E would need an accent (like Beyoncé).  If you go by actual spelling, it's either Tin-aush or Tin-aush-uh (which is what Britney is saying).

I think we're all pronouncing it wrong, and Britney is saying it correctly because she told her to pronounce it that way. :thetea:

Archived