Do you feel embarrassed when Britney lipsyncs?

BSfemme

Yes definitely ... But I kinda think there is a reason she doesn't sing a word live... Maybe she lost her singing voice... Or maybe she's so used to it since 1998 . She knows people knows , I mean nobody's that stupid. That's way she doesn't even bother to do it right like in the old days. When you see this videos of POM when she thinks nobody is seeing her and stop lip sync or talk to her dancer that's really annoying and embarrassing. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's super embarrassing. I don't what she's playing at TBH. Lip sync the chorus, but sing the verses when you're on award shows, you're not selling yourself. If she sang live, she'd get so much publicity and put it on her vevo with a current song, it would Chart well. 

But that team are complacent because we as fans let her get away with, we haven't kicked up much of a fuss, like with make me video.

And the GP go to Vegas and that's how they make money from her these days, so that don't care enough to put effort into pre recorded vocals. The shows are slaying.

I personally don't really care but I feel like she's the only female artist lip synching to CD vocals atm, which is bad

Back in the day I guess many artists did, and just like her they would sometimes perform live.

But we live at a time where even Rihanna sounds good live, or Katy Perry sometimes so there's no excuse for Brit not to at least sing a few words to show the audience that her mic is indeed open and that when they don't hear her they'll assume she's just singing very low cause of the dancing

Guest Arckangel
On 05/12/2016 at 4:18 PM, Kamikazee said:

I would be, but I have a strong feeling her team doesn't let her sing live.
Can't wait for her to get out of c-ship and we can finally see what she wants to do.

Calling her "lazy" when we don't know what's going on behind the courtains is pointless tbh.

On 05/12/2016 at 6:31 PM, div said:

Oh sure, because on the House of Blues she was belting dat opera notes :queenflopga2:

I guess we're all complicit in the sense we (the fans and GP) still pay to see her live in concert. Britney was pretty much her own agent during her M+M's Tour. If I remember correctly, she wasn't w/ Larry at the time, and that was before Lutfi became her manager (for a short time). She was free to truly sing live over the track (louder than the track), but it looks like she didn't. She may have sung a few words live when her mic or something stopped functioning during one show.

This, from Wikipedia (w/ links to sources):

The concert opened with Spears taking the stage accompanied by four blonde female dancers to perform a short version of "...Baby One More Time", wearing a silver beaded bra, a pleated white skirt and white boots. She wore a long brown (blond in later dates) wig to cover the head she had shaved two and a half months previously and appeared in physically good shape.[3][7] (By now her hair was about an inch long, and one of her dancers said of her hair without the wig, "It's getting longer and she looks beautiful."[8]) The show then segued into a flashy shortened version of "I'm a Slave 4 U". Though while Spears performed the original choreography to "Slave", the performance was compared to the style of the Pussycat Dolls. The dancers then left Spears alone onstage to perform a chair routine of "Breathe on Me". They re-entered with a male fan from the audience with them and Spears giving him a lap dance. Half way through the lap dance, Spears disappeared for a costume change leaving her dancers to continue the performance. She then reappeared in a hot pink bra, white fur coat and jean skirt to perform "Do Somethin'" with Spears throwing air guitars to the crowd. The show then concluded with "Toxic", which featured Spears and her dancers performing in a mix of Spears and Shakira dance styles.[7] As the performance came to an end, Spears said "Thank you so much. These are my dancers" – her only words during the show – and left the stage.[9] The show lasted around 12–16 minutes.[7][9][10]

The first show in San Diego began two hours after the stated time.[2][9] There was no live band for the shows; Spears and the dancers performed to recorded tracks. Spears' vocals during the show were also not live but rather were lip-synched to the recording.[7][9][10][11] At some points, she was chewing gum while performing.[9]The lack of live singing became most prominent during the Orlando stop of the tour, when the CD to which Spears was miming began skipping during "Do Somethin'", reportedly caused some in the audience to start booing.[12] By the Florida shows, Spears was up to four costume changes.[13]

I think singers should sing, and performers should perform. The latter group may sometimes choose to skip singing and instead produce an illusion as a part of the visual spectacle that is their performance - and that's fine if they're honest about it. This is me being an idealist of course.

Looking back at Britney's prime, I think her playback was justified a lot of the time. But she should have owned it rather than pretending (aka wearing the microphone and making the fake singing faces) that she was singing live. Like, just come up on stage without a microphone and do her thing to a dance track. Only so that when she does grab the microphone to sing, you know that it will be live. But I understand that she was (and is) highly controlled by her team and that she definitely couldn't call the shots on how certain performances were executed.

Now that her choreography is not as skilled as it used to be, I would love to see her sing over background vocals if not purely live. Like this.

Songs like MATM and Work ***** can be sung live even if you're a bit out of breath.

I enjoy Britney's performances for the total package that they are. But it is kind of embarrassing and cringe worthy that she has not sung live in virtually forever. There's no reason why she can't just sing over a backing track. There's no need to lip-synch,. We all know she can't sing even if we haven't heard her in a while. It's gotten to a point where it's just ridiculous because everyone knows and she knows that we know. "I always sing live", well even if that's true, we can't hear it Britney, so no. 

14 minutes ago, JustLikeMe said:

(A lot of haters here... pfoeee)

There's a difference between being a ''hater'' and being a non-delusional fan who won't accept the embarrasing fact that she lipsyncs even for BALLADS! And her lipsync is not even great, is half-assed. :staysalty:

Archived