Why Do We Care About How She Looks More Than How She Sounds?

TheVirtuoso

1 minute ago, colormefresh said:

She sounds amazing on Glory.

No real popstar can sing live 100% and dance at the same time.

Stop holding Britney to a standard that you won't hold everyone else to.

Na, I complain about Mariah's and Beyonce's lipping too :giggleney:

And I agree, she sounds amazing, that's ecxactly why I wanna hear her sing :weirdmeout:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DaddySayzee said:

I agree. There's a difference between liking/not liking an outfit and then picking apart stupid stuff like if her upper lip is bigger than the bottom one. 

At least we have an engaged Britney and an amazing album to shut trolls up mostly

I assume that you didn't witness those Liar threads :weirdmeout:

She's not a singer but a performer. We can't blame her for not singing live. However there's no excuse for not going to the studio to make some new pre-recorded vocals. Lipping to vocals from 90's is embarrassing as ****. How does her team and herself expect the GP to like it honestly?
I mean she even skip some lyrics! The contrast between Britney not singing and not even miming "I go crazy for u" next to Tinashe singing live "Yeah like a" during the last festival was cringeworthy.

49 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

lol I guess my answer came off assholeish but the other 2 werent. Really I love her but girl can't sing live. So why should we care about vocals. 

Her appearance is a big part of Britney Spears the pop star. She was never seen as a vocalist.

like I don't think Britney today can get through singing one whole song live.  If she wants to prove me wrong I'm all for it.

I feel like it takes a lot out of her. You can even see it in carpool karaoke. That's how I feel she sings in the studio. She'll sing a line and take a break. Sing another line then break. Then they piece it all together.

I don't think that's true. She just has anxiety which sucks because it means she won't sing. Whenever she would do snippets live on the circus tour or femme fatale tour she sounded fine. I just wish she felt confident enough to do at least some lines live 

35 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

No real popstar can sing live 100% and dance at the same time.

Britney dances only 20% of the time (Work *****, Womanizer dance break etc) and sing 0%, so the 80% left should be filled with 1 live line here and there instead of just spins, hair flips and walking  :cigney:

16 minutes ago, Connor Walsh said:

She's not a singer but a performer. We can't blame her for not singing live. However there's no excuse for not going to the studio to make some new pre-recorded vocals. Lipping to vocals from 90's is embarrassing as ****. How does her team and herself expect the GP to like it honestly?
I mean she even skip some lyrics! The contrast between Britney not singing and not even miming "I go crazy for u" next to Tinashe singing live "Yeah like a" during the last festival was cringeworthy.

She is a singer and a performer though :weirdmeout:

1 minute ago, annonymous said:

:selenerz: 

What? :weirdmeout:

Ya'll Cray, Britney is a vocalist ( Not a tradiitional one anymore, but still) She just chooses not to sing, or put any effort into re-recording vocals from when she was a child (That she still "sometimes" moves her lips to.

Singing and dancing is out of the question, but what are her fans to do 90% of the time when shes on the stage doing random aimless fluff, while a track she recorded in Sweden when she was 15 plays in the background?

The ******* fact is we are all fans of a SINGER who no longer SINGS and for the past year has been getting MESSIER AND MESSIER with her HAIR. And the fact that we need to compromise over LIVE SINGING or her looking like she didn't just WAKE UP BEFORE GOING ON STAGE is ******* pitiful. No other stanbase has to deal with that ****. And don't ******* tell me otherwise. Even banshees like Katy Perry and Madonna make the effort to sing live or at least give off the illusion. And every other singer always looks immaculate ON STAGE. Just like Britney used to until recently. :lessons: 

And don't try to say I'm coming for Britney the person. She can do whatever she wants and look however she wants OFF STAGE. Britney the performer is a bucketful of problems and there is nothing wrong with being sick and tired of half the fanbase bitching incessantly about those problems while the other just ******* ignores them and coddles her as if she's a five year old.

Archived