Z100 Posts Britney's FIrst Ever 'Televised' Performance on Ricki Lake!

grevan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOVE IT.... But it really does show that it's hard to dance and sing at the same time.. she was more focused on the singing than the dancing, whereas now it's the other way around.  Though, I wish she at least sang ballads and non-overly dancing songs live.

I LOVEE her natural hair colour there... I wish she went back to it.  It makes her eyes pop out more. :) 

Aw, ickle, tiny Britney. So cute. But it's not just the dancing that's getting to her, it's having to keep the 'baby' voice as others have mentioned. It was really nice to watch, though.

1 hour ago, BabyCan'tYouSee said:

My favorite era tbh. I'm probably in the minority in that lol 

I guess live performances of pop music is different in that being out of breath is considered such a bad thing that people would rather hear lip syncing. AC/DC's vocalist (Brian) could never perform as well live as in the album track vocally, but the live performances were still better just because you could feel the energy from his voice live which you can't really feel from an edited, well-mixed studio track. Sure he was out of breath half the time, but it sounded awesome that way. 

I love hearing Brit live, even more so when she's out of breath from the dancing. 

Yeah, the pop world is nothing like the rock world. In the rock world, they don't give a damn how you sound, so long as you're out there performing. In the pop world, it's all about perfection. That's why I hate when my favorite rock musicians chime in on pop music, because they know nothing of that world, and vice versa.

18 hours ago, StrawberryKisses said:

Pretty sure this was her first live performance though?

2 hours ago, Arya said:

I thought one of these two was the First one tho lol

How dare Z100 lie! Rather than lie like this they should instead be PLAYING HER NEW DAMN SONG

19 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

Aw, ickle, tiny Britney. So cute. But it's not just the dancing that's getting to her, it's having to keep the 'baby' voice as others have mentioned. It was really nice to watch, though.

Yeah, the pop world is nothing like the rock world. In the rock world, they don't give a damn how you sound, so long as you're out there performing. In the pop world, it's all about perfection. That's why I hate when my favorite rock musicians chime in on pop music, because they know nothing of that world, and vice versa.

tbh the thing with rock concerts is that there is a lot more emphasis on the instruments, so as long as the vocalist shows energy, the sound gets better than it is on the record.

with pop music the focus is the voice... most of times. so live is never gonna be better.

i could say the need to reach a perfect performance in pop music is much greater too, but there are great rock musicians who always were great performers as well. so idk.

6 minutes ago, Applejack said:

tbh the thing with rock concerts is that there is a lot more emphasis on the instruments, so as long as the vocalist shows energy, the sound gets better than it is on the record.

with pop music the focus is the voice... most of times. so live is never gonna be better.

i could say the need to reach a perfect performance in pop music is much greater too, but there are great rock musicians who always were great performers as well. so idk.

That's true. That's also why I tend to think aside from being two completely different genres/branches, and both being music aside as well, they don't really understand one another. They can be connected well musically/mashed together well, but the attitudes are different in general.

And I'm a big fan of guys like Freddie Mercury and Axl Rose, so I can definitely agree with that.

1 hour ago, grevan said:

How dare Z100 lie! Rather than lie like this they should instead be PLAYING HER NEW DAMN SONG

Lol I dont know which one is actually, I Just always thought it was one of these two 

Archived