Z100 Posts Britney's FIrst Ever 'Televised' Performance on Ricki Lake!

grevan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such nostalgia :crying1: This was great, but I do understand why she chooses to lip sync. Girl was out of breath most of the time between trying to sing completely live and do full on choreography. And that was nearly 20 years ago. The lip syncing is fine, just do it to pre-recorded vocals and throw in a few ad lips here and there and the world would be all good. :jumpney:

Does anyone else think she kind of looks Mediterranean with the dark wavy hair and the makeup? Haha!

Anyway you can obviously hear her struggle to maintain the "voice" while also dancing and you can tell she is out of breath by the end. This was ALWAYS why she got a pass for lipping, seeing as she danced so hard. No one can do intense choreo and sing 100% live. It definitely was a nice blast from the past seeing this today though..

Also she obviously doesnt get the same pass lipping anymore from the GP... I hate the GP

My favorite era tbh. I'm probably in the minority in that lol 

I guess live performances of pop music is different in that being out of breath is considered such a bad thing that people would rather hear lip syncing. AC/DC's vocalist (Brian) could never perform as well live as in the album track vocally, but the live performances were still better just because you could feel the energy from his voice live which you can't really feel from an edited, well-mixed studio track. Sure he was out of breath half the time, but it sounded awesome that way. 

I love hearing Brit live, even more so when she's out of breath from the dancing. 

Archived