Would you rather Femme Fatale didn't happen?

it's so much Better

1 hour ago, unusualjay said:

While I would love to believe that, I have reliable non fans that went to see "the amazing britney's comeback" and they said all they got was blatant lipping and not the high energy show they went to see and for the price that made it worse.

And if a janet fan complains about lipping then you know its true.

I don't deny she looked amazing but from what I've seen it wasn't that great.

but she has always lipped so that was no shocker

she only received major backlash in australia

the lipping was worth it cause lbr she was lifter trough the air by her dancers without protection, she was flying with fire underneath, she was working 3 STAGES and her energy was high dont confuse that with the lack of complex choreos 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, button said:

Sure. Keep telling yourself that. Next you'll tell me she wanted Britney Jean as well? It's just a rumour right? Oh my god... :beyfedup:

Obviously the hype died down after the album was released since HIAM debuted with 411k and the album isn't even platinum in sales. If Femme Fatale was just good things and hype and people loving Britney's music then where were they when Britney Jean dropped? I thought everything ended on a good note in 2011?  :sassybrit:

Lol do you even read what you type? Femme Fatale went number one and it was probably the last album when she had the whole GP looking at her, her first 3 singles were huge, they were her first vevo certified music videos and TTWE and IWG were the **** world wide during 2011, it was the first time of her career in which a third single became this huge, maybe more than crazy and stronger. The hype died with the Femme Fatale tour, that's when people realized she definitely wasn't the same Britney and the X factor killed her reputation as a living legend imo

55 minutes ago, Da Bubblah said:

Lol do you even read what you type? Femme Fatale went number one and it was probably the last album when she had the whole GP looking at her, her first 3 singles were huge, they were her first vevo certified music videos and TTWE and IWG were the **** world wide during 2011, it was the first time of her career in which a third single became this huge, maybe more than crazy and stronger. The hype died with the Femme Fatale tour, that's when people realized she definitely wasn't the same Britney and the X factor killed her reputation as a living legend imo

Yes! the album was not the problem. It was Britney and the era as a whole, but erasing the album would be dumb because that album was good for her career. 

Ehh, I mean it's hard to decide. Femme Fatale is (IMO of course) one of her best album. Yes, it's generic as ****, but it's the best kind of generic. Expertly produced, shallow, non-sensical lyrics. She even said herself that she wanted to make an album that you could play at a party and not skip a single song, and she achieved that perfectly. And the music videos are really good too. Hold It Against Me (tho I understand why some people hate it), I Wanna Go, and Criminal are some of her best and most watched modern day videos.

But other than that it was a complete disaster. Something was wrong with Britney. She looked... off most of the era. The performances were disastrous and destroyed her image among the GP. The tour was just as bad, and we have it memorialized in the Femme Fatale tour DVD while the Circus tour was payed dust. Whatever was going on with her, I'm just super glad she got over it and she's obviously in a better place.

11 hours ago, David. said:

but she has always lipped so that was no shocker

she only received major backlash in australia

the lipping was worth it cause lbr she was lifter trough the air by her dancers without protection, she was flying with fire underneath, she was working 3 STAGES and her energy was high dont confuse that with the lack of complex choreos 

Singing while chewing gum? But let me stop because this is starting to seem like britney hate when its not. I'm just not here for circus era. I've always and will always love the album and GMA performance but thats where it ends.

I'm mixed. On one hand, we had to look at the fact that Britney had a number one single, a string of top ten hits, a number one album, and a world tour that did very well. Commercially, it was a god send.

However, Britney was not at all in the any way possible ready for it. She could not have been more detatched from the album, she was not in a headspace to tour, and it was obvious she HAD to do it. If anything, this era gave her team the reasoning they needed to do what they did with BJ, and look how that turned out!

I really liked all of your answers. Thank you so much!

I also considered some of your opinions and I kind of agree with them alll... at once... there's no right or wrong in this situation, to be honest... It happened and we have to be grateful for what it brought (major hits!).

Anyway, I still think her mental health should have been preserved, and for those (really few!) who think she was super healthy... I'm sorry to break to you, but you are wrong and delusional...

19 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Personally, she was very shy at the time but it doesn't mean she was sad or anything like that.

Cmon.... in these videos she wasn't shy, she had some problems and you can tell that she wasn't ok

She didn't care about her look, about her public image, she used a double body in a video for a choreography, her face was strange on tour, she looked depressed

She had some ok moments, but I'll never understand the love for that era, maybe some fans forgot the real Britney

Guest Cold As Fire

Yes, along with the X Factor and Britney Jean. 

Those 3 things have tremendously damaged her name, image and brand. She definitely should've taken a break after 3 and TSC and come back whenever SHE felt ready. 

13 hours ago, Da Bubblah said:

What am I supposed to read? That I'm talking about the album's total sales which reflects true GP interest while you're talking about the first week? :beyfedup:

As usual, people typing out angrily Femme Fatale's receipts. Femme Fatale was "successful" because it sucked off Britney's remaining hype from Circus. You even state it was her last one to go #1. Looks like it didn't keep much interest in Britney after it ended. And it started dying on its 4th week when it dropped from #5 to #20. Tragic longevity.

Britney needed a reinvention and interesting music in 2011 to cement herself. Beyoncé showed you all how marketing yourself is done. Britney ruined herself in 2011 with FF while Beyoncé released 4 and gained absolute respect. I mean hello??? Did you see how Work ***** kicked off compared to Beyoncé's whole visual album in 2013? WB couldn't even reach #1 on iTunes and had terrible longevity. One woman had huge hype, the other did not.

People need to realize that Britney's brand was damaged by Femme Fatale and her career has been done wrong since 2011.

Type something more interesting next time, please. I'm sick of fans bragging about FF's receipts as if they were anything extraordinary. Selling 1.6M-1.7M (HIAM, I wanna go) is not impressive when true smash hits in 2011 were going 5x and 6x platinum. Did you look at the singles' peaks outside the US? They're weren't a worldwide phenomenon like you're saying. Look at those terrible recurrent streams by the way:

Sometimes (1999): 14M this year

TTWE (2011): 11M this year

Do I really need to talk about Hold it against me's sales and streams as well?  :sassybrit:

And no you're wrong, Everytime was a much bigger hit than I wanna go. It was #13 on the 2004 Y-end chart. It went #15 in the US without a proper physical release. Huge.

http://www.mediatraffic.de/tracks-2004.htm

I wanna go did not even chart in the top 40.

http://www.mediatraffic.de/tracks-2011.htm

Stop looking at what she achieved in 2011 and look at what happened after 2011, for god's sake. Femme Fatale did not build or help her. It simply sucked off her hype. People knew they didn't have the same Britney performing-wise since Circus tour. The excuses. Keep worshipping the album that gave birth to "autotuned robot" remarks. Britney had a lot more to give in 2011 than that. :beyfedup:

Archived