Would you rather Femme Fatale didn't happen?

it's so much Better

I'd make a poll if I knew how to (I tried, with no success - someone can explain me?). It's no secret to anyone that I am a truly sad person when it comes to Femme Fatale.

So, my answer is - definitely - yes. It was a time where I stopped stanning because it was too difficult to see Britney; I could tell she was heavily medicated and I used to get really sad that people were shoving down her throat the fame thing. I didn't see (and still don't) she into the album or in the music videos... 

I can understand the love you guys have to some of the songs - but not even that I can relate to... I would really rather FF never happened... The only thing I think I adore about it is IWG Music Video.

So, no shade intended, really - you guys know how much I love Britney and how genuine is my love towards her... And my worries are not that her image was demaged over that time or whatever, the question is about stans. For you... do you think she would be happier without FF at that time?

Please, discuss - always politely please.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was thinking of this yesterday. Circus was a good comeback for britney just to let GP know "Hi This is Britney, I am well now and I can still do the pop princess thing". But I though FF era and BJ era should not have happened or at least merged. Like perhaps she couldve taken a break 2010-2011 then comeback for a full-*** era 2012 or 13 when she was ready. 

13 minutes ago, button said:

Yes and comeback in 2016 with a hugely hyped album

10 minutes ago, itsjames said:

i was thinking of this yesterday. Circus was a good comeback for britney just to let GP know "Hi This is Britney, I am well now and I can still do the pop princess thing". But I though FF era and BJ era should not have happened or at least merged. Like perhaps she couldve taken a break 2010-2011 then comeback for a full-*** era 2012 or 13 when she was ready. 

Yes. That's the point. And further on - the point is: she should have been mentaly healthy in the new era. But I could only imagine the hype if THE BRITNEY SPEARS had a break from 2009 till 2016 with Glory. I seriously think Glory would be EVERYWHERE. Vegas should have happened in this world I'm creating, just to ler people still know she exists. And also S&S - no harm done there. 

Yes because I know Britney wasn't into it and it generally ruined her "cool" reputation with the GP and made them start thinking of her as a has-been, washed out, etc. I also don't really listen to any of the songs of the album anymore even though it used to be in my Top 3 albums of her's and I still think it's generally a well-produced album.

No because the album and era meant a lot to me at the time. The FFT was also my first concert. The album also went #1, HIAM went #1, and the first three singles were all pretty successful.

I'm going to have to lean towards voting "yes" that I wish it didn't happen. I think it would've been better for Britney, her happiness, and her reputation. I honestly wonder how much more successful her career would be now if FF, X-Factor, Britney Jean, Vegas, and Pretty Girls never happened.

8 minutes ago, it's so much Better said:

Yes. That's the point. And further on - the point is: she should have been mentaly healthy in the new era. But I could only imagine the hype if THE BRITNEY SPEARS had a break from 2009 till 2016 with Glory. I seriously think Glory would be EVERYWHERE. Vegas should have happened in this world I'm creating, just to ler people still know she exists. And also S&S - no harm done there. 

It also worsened the common thinking post 2007 tht britney was 'not really there'. I love ff album tho dont get me wrong. ;)

I feel like people keep mixing ALBUMS with BRITNEY SPEARS. Those are 2 different entities, even though the first is a product of the other. Anyway, my point is: Femme Fatale was an AMAZING album imo. Critics loved it, gp ate all singles up, most of the fans loved it, it delivered some strong club bangers and some of her best bodies of work imo (Inside Out, HATLM etc...) plus the music videos were here best to date. It brought dubstep back into mainstream and many other pop acts followed - Rihanna, Beyonce, Flo Rida etc... Even Skrillex said it himself that Britney was the one who did it first.

Now, her personality, her appearance and her performances are the other thing. She seemed disconnected from her material, most of the time it felt like she didn't even want to do what she was doing and her performances were bad. Or definitely not up to her standards. But that isn't something that is a part of album - most of the gp just hear a song and they mostly don't care who is singing it, as long as they dig the sound, which with FF they did.

To cut this short - no, I'd definitely keep FF in her discography. It's one of her best albums imo. :)

Femme Fatale Tour was a terrbile disaster, so were the promo shows. The tired and distant look on her face was painful. However, I'm so grateful for the song and the MV Criminal and the songs Gasoline, Inside Out, Seal It With A Kiss, Trouble For Me and Trip To Your Heart. It was a rather confusing era tbh. :brityeah:

Hell NO! 

giphy.gif 

the album is great, the tour was great too (better than walkney at the Circus tour thb), the music videos were amazing, she got a #1 single and album, it kept her relevant for a little longer. She was a very serious and more mature girl at the time but it doesn't mean she was sad, depressed or one of those delusional moods you think she was as if you deeply know her. 

The album and the music was great! I loved all the singles to death! It was super danceney and it really made you feel well. 

But Britney wasn't herself, she was like a robot, the interviews were awful and the tour just came to ruin her reputation around the world. Sadly the bad image she left in my country is still the Britney that is portrayed here by the media :otears:

Archived