Would you rather Femme Fatale didn't happen?

it's so much Better

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, button said:

What am I supposed to read? That I'm talking about the album's total sales which reflects true GP interest while you're talking about the first week? :beyfedup:

As usual, people typing out angrily Femme Fatale's receipts. Femme Fatale was "successful" because it sucked off Britney's remaining hype from Circus. You even state it was her last one to go #1. Looks like it didn't keep much interest in Britney after it ended. And it started dying on its 4th week when it dropped from #5 to #20. Tragic longevity.

Britney needed a reinvention and interesting music in 2011 to cement herself. Beyoncé showed you all how marketing yourself is done. Britney ruined herself in 2011 with FF while Beyoncé released 4 and gained absolute respect. I mean hello??? Did you see how Work ***** kicked off compared to Beyoncé's whole visual album in 2013? WB couldn't even reach #1 on iTunes and had terrible longevity. One woman had huge hype, the other did not.

People need to realize that Britney's brand was damaged by Femme Fatale and her career has been done wrong since 2011.

Type something more interesting next time, please. I'm sick of fans bragging about FF's receipts as if they were anything extraordinary. Selling 1.6M-1.7M (HIAM, I wanna go) is not impressive when true smash hits in 2011 were going 5x and 6x platinum. Did you look at the singles' peaks outside the US? They're weren't a worldwide phenomenon like you're saying. Look at those terrible recurrent streams by the way:

Sometimes (1999): 14M this year

TTWE (2011): 11M this year

Do I really need to talk about Hold it against me's sales and streams as well?  :sassybrit:

And no you're wrong, Everytime was a much bigger hit than I wanna go. It was #13 on the 2004 Y-end chart. It went #15 in the US without a proper physical release. Huge.

http://www.mediatraffic.de/tracks-2004.htm

I wanna go did not even chart in the top 40.

http://www.mediatraffic.de/tracks-2011.htm

Stop looking at what she achieved in 2011 and look at what happened after 2011, for god's sake. Femme Fatale did not build or help her. It simply sucked off her hype. People knew they didn't have the same Britney performing-wise since Circus tour. The excuses. Keep worshipping the album that gave birth to "autotuned robot" remarks. Britney had a lot more to give in 2011 than that. :beyfedup:

So you're trying to blame the fail that is Britney jean on the success of Femme Fatale ?!

That makes no ******* sense at all. What happened after 2011 is a result of what was lacking after 2011. They didn't ruin her success or legacy with Femme Fatale, they ruined it with Britney Jean.

6 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

So you're trying to blame the fail that is Britney jean on the success of Femme Fatale ?!

That makes no ******* sense at all. What happened after 2011 is a result of what was lacking in and from 2011 on. They didn't ruin her success or legacy with Femme Fatale, they ruined it with Britney Jean.

Things start step by step. People don't get over someone overnight and Britney jean being a bad album isn't the only thing at fault. Femme fatale stalling at 750k for years was an indicator that she was losing power and that something was wrong. I'm not really seeing success in FF, rather radio-fueled hits (which you either have the support of or not) but whatever.  :sassybrit:

1 hour ago, CriminalLegend said:

Cmon.... in these videos she wasn't shy, she had some problems and you can tell that she wasn't ok

She didn't care about her look, about her public image, she used a double body in a video for a choreography, her face was strange on tour, she looked depressed

She had some ok moments, but I'll never understand the love for that era, maybe some fans forgot the real Britney

this.

truth teas, educate 'em, sis.:queenflopga2:

1 minute ago, button said:

Things start step by step. People don't get over someone overnight and Britney jean being a bad album isn't the only thing at fault. Femme fatale stalling at 750k for years was an indicator that she was losing power. I'm not really seeing success, rather radio-fueled hits but whatever.  :sassybrit:

If Britney Jean would have had hits like Femme Fatale did, and it would have been a solid album like Femme Fatale was, there wouldn't have been a problem.

GP got over her because Britney Jean (with the exception of WB) was ****, she was nowhere to be seen (but Vegas) and the album wasn't marketed properly/anticipated. 

5 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

If Britney Jean would have had hits like Femme Fatale did, and it would have been a solid album like Femme Fatale was, there wouldn't have been a problem.

GP got over her because Britney Jean (with the exception of WB) was ****, she was nowhere to be seen (but Vegas) and the album wasn't marketed properly/anticipated. 

But she only released Work ***** (the song you're saying is good) and Perfume before the album dropped and she debuted at #4 so it looks to me like the GP didn't even check the album to get over her. I'm confused by what you're saying. To me it looks like something happened before 2013 :sassybrit:

kind of, yeah.

I love how i roll, trip to your heart, selfish and he about to lose me. 

but till the world ends is totally overrated and the music videos arent very good; i watched ttwe the other day and was blown away by the differences between those music videos and now. and of course all the promo of that era was kinda blah. 

11 minutes ago, MX3 said:

kind of, yeah.

I love how i roll, trip to your heart, selfish and he about to lose me. 

but till the world ends is totally overrated and the music videos arent very good; i watched ttwe the other day and was blown away by the differences between those music videos and now. and of course all the promo of that era was kinda blah. 

the face she makes in TTWE, it's clear she would rather be anywhere else than there. lol. but i really do love i wanna go music video!

3 hours ago, unusualjay said:

Singing while chewing gum? But let me stop because this is starting to seem like britney hate when its not. I'm just not here for circus era. I've always and will always love the album and GMA performance but thats where it ends.

she lipped while chewing gum countless times before circus tho lol 

she was recovering, she was amazing for having gone trough her breakdown just one year earlier 

• 3 years later...

Archived