Would you rather Femme Fatale didn't happen?

it's so much Better

22 minutes ago, button said:

People who are mentioning the success of the album don't understand that the era killed her career longevity. What was there after Femme Fatale exactly? Did you see how Work ***** kicked off compared to Hold it against me's debut? It made her completely uninteresting overall. That album was just Jive leeching off her remaining relevancy and hype before splitting and disappearing.

The album wasn't even an astrominical success, not even 2M copies sold WW.

That era was a big damage to her image. Look at her contemporary, Beyoncé, she spent her time building her image and audience in 2011 while Britney was sadly forced to sell out. Guess who is still getting #1 albums in 2016? :beyfedup:

The music had a lot of hype. People loved FF and it's singles. Britney being stiff and a robot is what did all of this, but people loved the music. The air around Britney's music was electric. It was hard to go anywhere without hearing TTWE or IWG. If we had Glory Britney + the music from FF it would have been huge!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Britneyisfire said:

The music had a lot of hype. People loved FF and it's singles. Britney being stiff and a robot is what did all of this, but people loved the music. The air around Britney's music was electric. It was hard to go anywhere without hearing TTWE or IWG. If we had Glory Britney + the music from FF it would have been huge!

The album being not what Britney wanted to do contributed to her being "stiff and a robot". Who would want to promote an album they didn't have a say in? It was Dr Luke's project. You simply can't have 2016 Britney and Femme Fatale at the same time.

Femme Fatale singles were cute for their time but they're hardly remembered. Sometimes (1999 song) got 14M views this year while TTWE got 11M. That's terrible. She needed more timeless music after her Circus comeback. It was an opportunity to cement her legacy further and stay in the game longer but it was unfairly robbed from her.

Her album selling power also started fading because of this album. Not even platinum in sales despite well-sized hits and a pop radio #1. :beyfedup:

I wouldn't wish that due that Femme Fatale was the last real succesful Britney era, plus it's the album where she scored more top 10, her FF era with no promo did it so well considerating that she was competing with Adele,Katy,Gaga,Kesha,Nicki Minaj,Justin Bieber,Rihanna and one hit wonders :hipney:.

And was the last album where she did a tour to promote it.

And is the last N1 album of Britney in USA

But I know that she will slay and be in the competition again in 2018 with B10 :cinderellaney::cinderellaney::cinderellaney:

5 hours ago, it's so much Better said:

Yes. That's the point. And further on - the point is: she should have been mentaly healthy in the new era. But I could only imagine the hype if THE BRITNEY SPEARS had a break from 2009 till 2016 with Glory. I seriously think Glory would be EVERYWHERE. Vegas should have happened in this world I'm creating, just to ler people still know she exists. And also S&S - no harm done there. 

No sis, long breaks don't work out. Look at Xtina / Fergie / Gwen and how bad they're flopping.

10 minutes ago, button said:

The album being not what Britney wanted to do contributed to her being "stiff and a robot". Who would want to promote an album they didn't have a say in? It was Dr Luke's project. You simply can't have 2016 Britney and Femme Fatale at the same time.

Femme Fatale singles were cute for their time but they're hardly remembered. Sometimes (1999 song) got 14M views this year while TTWE got 11M. That's terrible. She needed more timeless music after her Circus comeback. It was an opportunity to cement her legacy further and stay in the game longer but it was unfairly robbed from her.

Her album selling power also started fading because of this album. Not even platinum in sales despite well-sized hits and a pop radio #1. :beyfedup:

Till The World Ends it's a remembered hit, and you gotta understand that Britney doesn't generate so much views her most watched video has only like 240,000,000 views in VEVO

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

No sis, long breaks don't work out. Look at Xtina / Fergie / Gwen and how bad they're flopping.

Actually Xtina took a long time to release Back To Basics yet it was very succesful something that we can't say about Bionic and Lotus

and Gwen with her last album scored her first N1 album in USA so...

and Fergie has generated so much views with **** Money

Just now, DaxCass said:

Actually Xtina took a long time to release Back To Basics yet it was very succesful something that we can't say about Bionic and Lotus

Not really. Stripped dragged on into 2003, 2004-2005 was Britney keeping everyone busy with ITZ, by 2006 Xtina was there again. Unfortunately what happened with Bionic was the Lady Gaga electropop craze had already kicked off in late 2008, Bionic was 2009 and was seen as just a rehash of The Fame. (not to mention it was incredibly ahead of it's time and not radio friendly)

2 minutes ago, DaxCass said:

Till The World Ends it's a remembered hit, and you gotta understand that Britney doesn't generate so much views her most watched video has only like 240,000,000 views in VEVO

A remembered hit gets good recurrent stats. I don't have data about recurrent sales so I'm going by streams. Both Youtube and Spotify are meh. :squintney:

4 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

*****, sit. TTWE and IWG were her biggest radio hits ever, HIAM and S&M were #1 hits for her, the FFT was one of the top-selling tours of the year, and the album itself was not only #1, but the most illegally downloaded album of 2011. :lessons: Not to mention that era spawned three Vevo-Certified videos, including one of her most viewed overall (IWG).

He was talking about Britney personally.

Like it was obvious she wasn't in the right state of mind. 

i wanna go video ruined the song for me 

Just now, unusualjay said:

The album: NO!

The era: Yes, quite frankly it along with the walkcus tour killed her image

the circus tour was mainly trashed by fans

it was a great tour and it didnt kill her image at all 

she looked gorgeous and she was living the im back hype 

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

Not really. Stripped dragged on into 2003, 2004-2005 was Britney keeping everyone busy with ITZ, by 2006 Xtina was there again. Unfortunately what happened with Bionic was the Lady Gaga electropop craze had already kicked off in late 2008, Bionic was 2009 and was seen as just a rehash of The Fame. (not to mention it was incredibly ahead of it's time and not radio friendly)

Stripped was released in 2002 she took 4 years to release Back To Basics, and Bionic was released in 2010 and it's such a shame that it flopped so hard, the concept of the album and the album itself it's very good, but it was ahead of time, tbh I think that Bionic and FF are very similar, and the flop of Bionic was caused by Gaga's fans too, they were real strong back then

1 minute ago, David. said:

i wanna go video ruined the song for me 

the circus tour was mainly trashed by fans

it was a great tour and it didnt kill her image at all 

she looked gorgeous and she was living the im back hype 

While I would love to believe that, I have reliable non fans that went to see "the amazing britney's comeback" and they said all they got was blatant lipping and not the high energy show they went to see and for the price that made it worse.

And if a janet fan complains about lipping then you know its true.

I don't deny she looked amazing but from what I've seen it wasn't that great.

21 minutes ago, button said:

I love when people post fan rumors as though they are a fact in order to defend their flop opinions. Were you even a fan in 2011? Britney was really being hyped for her music at the time. She was huge. She could not pull off the teasers every night for a video like she did for HIAM now, but then she was a huge popstar that could make people turn in for clips that were only seconds long. Even sites that are anti Britney had  hype for FF. 

FF did good things for her. People look back at it with this "Britney hated it so every thing about it was a flop" lense, but this is not true. 

41 minutes ago, Britneyisfire said:

I love when people post fan rumors as though they are a fact in order to defend their flop opinions. Were you even a fan in 2011? Britney was really being hyped for her music at the time. She was huge. She could not pull off the teasers every night for a video like she did for HIAM now, but then she was a huge popstar that could make people turn in for clips that were only seconds long. Even sites that are anti Britney had  hype for FF. 

FF did good things for her. People look back at it with this "Britney hated it so every thing about it was a flop" lense, but this is not true. 

Sure. Keep telling yourself that. Next you'll tell me she wanted Britney Jean as well? It's just a rumour right? Oh my god... :beyfedup:

Obviously the hype died down after the album was released since HIAM debuted with 411k and the album isn't even platinum in sales. If Femme Fatale was just good things and hype and people loving Britney's music then where were they when Britney Jean dropped? I thought everything ended on a good note in 2011?  :sassybrit:

6 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Absolutely not. The album was incredible and I loved the visuals. If anything get rid of everything from 2012-2015. Have her come back with Glory in either 2014 or 2015. :queenflopga2:

I love the album, singles and videos too. Its one of my favourite records along with BO, glory and ITZ!

Archived