iTunes Updates: Slumber Party (#335) & Glory (#659)

Artsy Fartsy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Yep, if she was promoting her *** off I could understand their choice to release Slumber Party that is a good song, but that's the kind of song that just can't be a hit (from Britney) if there is no promotion at all. It's the first time in 18 years one of her single is doing that bad, and the festivals is the only "promo" we are getting it seems.

That's why I think if they knew it would not be promoted they should have gone for a song very radio friendly that would have had a bit more chance to sell just based on a video and on it's impact on radio.

It's kinda weird to see the same 2-3 exhalers saying in every thread "Love me down is horrible it could never do better than SP" when SP is Britney's worst selling single ever for the moment. Even songs like Perfume or Pretty Girls did WAY better at the beginning and we all know Britney has not had a sleeping hit in 18 years of career. So yes Slumber Party is a good song, I think we ALL wish it becomes big, especially when we got an amazing music video with it, but the thing is Britney really needs to make the gp hear it again and again by promoting and as you said performing on television ! Otherway it's going to be a huge flop.

At least wait for the song to run its course before claiming another song would have done better because with the current roll-out, the result would be the same no matter the song. No promo, no banners, no big playlists, nothing. Same sales, same streams, maybe even worse. And actually what proves that LMD or Liar would have climbed faster into the Top 40 on radio? Can you prove it?

200_s.gif

2 minutes ago, button said:

At least wait for the song to run its course before claiming another song would have done better because with the current roll-out, the result would be the same no matter the song. No promo, no banners, no big playlists, nothing. Same sales, same streams, maybe even worse. And actually what proves that LMD or Liar would have climbed faster into the Top 40 on radio? Can you prove it?

200_s.gif

This forum always complains about her team being stuck in the 2000s, yet they're the ones stuck in this hypnosis era where only what they like can have Britney be #1 regardless of how the public feels about it.

Regardless of what song was chosen, it will not be a hit without the proper promotion.

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

This forum always complains about her team being stuck in the 2000s, yet they're the ones stuck in this hypnosis era where only what they like can have Britney be #1 regardless of how the public feels about it.

Regardless of what song was chosen, it will not be a hit without the proper promotion.

Exactly, they want a 2011 Femme fatale reject and a song straight out of the Britney 2001 album and dare say Britney is stuck in the past. No *****, Slumber party is trendy, chill and easy on the ears, it's not my favorite song on the album but it's pretty obvious they were right in choosing it. It's very soothing and isn't polarizing like those other songs. Top 40 format isn't a gay club.

They say X song would have done better but they can't provide receipts. :boredney:

8 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

people don't like mid-tempo/slow-tempo Britney, and you can see that by the chart performance of her latest singles (with promo)

1 minute ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Absolutely nothing proves it and if you read my posts one more time you'll see that I have not said that Love Me Down would have done better than Slumber Party.

I've only said that, for the moment, Slumber Party is doing even worse than what did Perfume and Pretty Girls when they were released. Maybe the song will becomes big at the end, who knows ? It's just a fact, and not a shade, because even if I personally love LMD more, I love SP too. 

My point was that it seems logical for me to release a radio friendly song when you know you're not going to promote like you should.

You and the Justin Bieber fan, both said Love Me Down could not do better than Slumber Party, which is just something you assume, based on your personnal preference and not a fact.

Whatever, I hope the song can finally reach some sort of success after the radio freeze, but in my opinion you should not act like Slumber Party is doing good when it's the first time in 18 years one of her single is doing that bad.

If you don't believe LMD would be doing better than SP then why are you shading SP and shading people who wanted it? What are those "Are people who wanted SP happy?!! :unbelievableney:" comments? You implied SP was a wrong choice, YOU started it. NO ONE is saying it's doing well, why are you putting words in our mouths?? And SP is NOT my favorite song on the album, stop making assumptions. I'm being as objective as possible and so should you, Sp was by far the best choice. If it was down to favorites, I would have picked CYM but I know damn well it wouldn't do well.

A 2011 reject and a 2001 reject can't do better than a song that fits 2016 trends. It goes against logic to think otherwise. Open up your eyes and stop picking your favorites. LMD wouldn't be welcomed on radio like SP is because times changed, it has nothing to do with catchiness.

5 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

The good sis Button is buying Slumber Party hard today :unbelievableney:

I see Glory rising not Slumber party. Oops? :unbelievableney:

5 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

You didn't read my posts correctly lol if that'd what you understood.

You are simply assuming things, there is no facts in what you write but let's agree we disagree it's not that big of a deal lmao, I really don't care about people's opinion, at the end, it's Britney and her team who will decide what they want and think it's the best

All there's to understand is that you think LMD would have been a better choice. Correct? Well it's not. And you have no room to shade Sp's current performance since you cannot prove a song that fits 2016 trends would perform better on sales/radio than a 2011 sounding song, both in short and long term. Or can you?

If that's not what you meant, then sadly not everyone can express their ideas eloquently. :mcwave:

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Tea only :angietea:

1 hour ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

people don't like mid-tempo/slow-tempo Britney, and you can see that by the chart performance of her latest singles (with promo)

giphy.gif

"Perfume" would have had a chance to do far better had they released the original cut of the music video and had Britney gone off to promote the single doing a live performance.

I realized that when at the time of it impacting radio, I was sitting with some friends in class and they brought it up without me ever mentioning Britney once.

"OMG I love Perfume!"

"Right, isn't it amazing?"

Me: "You mean the Britney song, Perfume?"

"Yeah, I love it!"

These were 18 year old girls at the time, "Perfume" had a huge chance to smash with the young adult / teen demographic but they failed their opportunity, not to mention it's a Sia track and her radio reign was kicking off. It's not the GP that failed the song, it's Britney and her team.

59 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

You sound so bitter lol you know that its just a song and it doesnt change anything in ur life, right ? Lol

No time for convincing people that are playing their life over a single lol so have a nice day babe

Ran out of arguments, have we? This post was a chance to clarify your ideas.

And really, you have no room to talk about playing life over a single. You do exactly what I do: request, vote, make threads, engage in arguments, fight and so on. And spend more time on this forum than I do since I actually have studies. :boredney:

On 12/3/2016 at 10:01 AM, BoyToySoldier said:

giphy.gif

"Perfume" would have had a chance to do far better had they released the original cut of the music video and had Britney gone off to promote the single doing a live performance.

I realized that when at the time of it impacting radio, I was sitting with some friends in class and they brought it up without me ever mentioning Britney once.

"OMG I love Perfume!"

"Right, isn't it amazing?"

Me: "You mean the Britney song, Perfume?"

"Yeah, I love it!"

These were 18 year old girls at the time, "Perfume" had a huge chance to smash with the young adult / teen demographic but they failed their opportunity, not to mention it's a Sia track and her radio reign was kicking off. It's not the GP that failed the song, it's Britney and her team.

Plus Britney shouldn't be so desperate for a hit 20 years in. Not saying don't give any ***** but maybe this era is quietly slaying lol. Deliver the singles and performances that will show a different side but might be lukewarm hits rather than picking clumsy for a quick hit to be relevant (like JLO or PG/FF) no shade but truth tea

sunstance / quality > quantity 

55 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

It has fallen even more after the two festivals :queenie:

The festivals have zero impact. Are local festivals. What you expected? A top 10 after the festival? 

The shows are not televised, even not available for streaming. 

Since the first day, the goal of this shows are try to be in the good side with the DJs and CBS Radio Stations for get more Spins in the future for Slumber Party or future singles of a new album

But at this point I don't think SP it's gonna do anything, any song of Glory in fact can do anything. The logical direction Britney need take is continue this exposure, and release a new Album with Pop Bangers for Radios (like TTWE) in 2017. She needs release new music in 2017, if she take another 2-3-4 years for release B10 it's gonna do worse than Glory. 

1 hour ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

the promo tour had 0 impact, as expected

SP #354 (-39)

Glory #613 (-314)

Not surprised...should've released the song these days while she was doing these performances anyway..but I am not her team..they surely KNOW more than us about that :cutesybrit:

Archived