DAVID LACHAPELLE TALKS MAKE ME (KIND OF)

mauureee

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOLD ON!

The original quote goes

Mucha presión, las personas que los rodean, asesores, asistentes son difíciles de lidiar. No hay tiempo para nada. Algunos de los que no comprendieron el poder de la imagen, vieron como sus trabajos terminaron en la basura.

Which means that the artist who hired him saw how he scrapped the whole thing because of it.

HE IS THE ONE TO BLAME.

Actually, Britney's team was very much profesional when saying that "it didn´t work" while David is being very vocal that if the artist doesn´t like his work, he would scrap the whole thing.

I'm angry, I'm really angry. :wannadie:

OP @mauureee please add this to your post.

6 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

HOLD ON!

The original quote goes

Which means that the artist who hired him saw how he scrapped the whole thing because of it.

HE IS THE ONE TO BLAME.

Actually, Britney's team was very much profesional when saying that "it didn´t work" while David is being very vocal that if the artist doesn´t like his work, he would scrap the whole thing.

No, it doesn't mean it is his fault if their work ends up in the bin. :tbh:

(The director has no power to prevent his work from being released, by the way; hence the director's cuts, respecting the director's views)

5 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

HOLD ON!

The original quote goes

HE IS THE ONE TO BLAME.

Exactly! I'm so pissed!!!! :sickofu:

Added ;) 

3 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

The quote, when it's well translated, means that if the artist didn't understand his vision, they would see their work scrapped. That would only mean that he would be a diva and, instead of editing it out, he would just scrap it because of his "artistry". If you read the whole interview, you would see how he talks about his own form of expressing his work, which I support, but if you're getting paid for it, you need to adjust yourself to your client.

2 minutes ago, mauureee said:

Exactly! I'm so pissed!!!! :sickofu:

Added ;) 

thank you, people misunderstood and they keep on blaming her team when it was him who was a diva and scrapped it because they wouldn´t understand his visuals.

1 minute ago, If U Seek Me said:

Instead of acting like a cry baby he could have cut certain scenes, improve things here and there instead. But then team B should have known better. That's why there are meetings before every shoot. Looks like nobody knew what they were doing back then

1 minute ago, CJMCH said:

The quote, when it's well translated, means that if the artist didn't understand his vision, they would see their work scrapped. That would only mean that he would be a diva and, instead of editing it out, he would just scrap it because of his "artistry".

thank you, people misunderstood and they keep on blaming her team when it was him who was a diva and scrapped it because they wouldn´t understand his visuals.

yes, well...I think it's both parts fault tbh....B team knows what kind of work Lachapelle does, and Lachapelle is an ******* for throwing it to the trash, leak it first :embarrassney:

Just now, King B. said:

Instead of acting like a cry baby he could have cut certain scenes, improve things here and there instead. But then team B should have known better. That's why there are meetings before every shoot. Looks like nobody knew what they were doing back then

Maybe they didn't know he was a diva. Someone hack his laptop. :wannadie:

Just now, mauureee said:

yes, well...I think it's both parts fault tbh....B team knows what kind of work Lachapelle does, and Lachapelle is an ******* for throwing it to the trash, leak it first :embarrassney:

Pretty sure he has the rough master, but team B should have been more careful with David's diva attitude.

3 minutes ago, mauureee said:

I still don't believe your new translation: the director has no power to scrap anything. Team Britney/RCA are paying for everything, they own the files.

They could have fired LaChapelle and get another director to do the final editing of the video. :juggingu:

Element supporting my claim: they did use the scenes with G-Eazy. :lessons:

Just now, CJMCH said:

When you're as big as David, I'm pretty sure the contract between both is not as easy as "RCA will release wether you want it or not".

And what about the scenes with G-Eazy? :tbh: 

2 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

I still don't believe your new translation: the director has no power to scrap anything. Team Britney/RCA are paying for everything, they own the files. :juggingu:

When you're as big as David, I'm pretty sure the contract between both is not as easy as "RCA will release wether you want it or not".

I still don't believe your new translation: the director has no power to scrap anything. Team Britney/RCA are paying for everything, they own the files.

They could have fired LaChapelle and get another director to do the final editing of the video. :juggingu:

Element supporting my claim: they did use the scenes with G-Eazy. :lessons:

And what about the scenes with G-Eazy? :tbh: 

Last minute agreement due to working schedules and David getting some money for those. I'm pretty sure it was a last minute thing, since we can see the time frame on the corner of those scenes.

You would have to read the whole interview to understand why I pointed that it was David's fault. He talks about artist's expression during the whole thing, saying that he deosn't like his work being twisted at all.

I still don't believe your new translation: the director has no power to scrap anything. Team Britney/RCA are paying for everything, they own the files. :juggingu:

Well, that's what he says....we can believe him or not I guess....anyways it sucks :wannadie:

Archived