DAVID LACHAPELLE TALKS MAKE ME (KIND OF)

mauureee

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, If U Seek Me said:

Why would we? Exhale is still pressed over some scenes of Britney walking in funeral outfit in Gimme More (2007)... we will hear about the 2016 scrapped video for the next 30 years*. 

*Maybe Larry will be fired before! :lessons:

Tell ha! :lessons:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This makes sense. His videos have photographic visinioary. And this video didnt have a profound storyline either. So basically he says that they didnt see how artistic those photoes are bcuz they didnt see a story line to it. 

But sometimes those kind of videos are better anything with a storyline tbh. I sometimes appreciate phophgraphic videos more bcuz they are more artistic which is also why we love Britney ; beautiful to look at :mhm: 

**** her stupid *** team. Not just ******* Larry Rudolph, her whole management. **** them! Quinn_angry.gif

7 hours ago, CJMCH said:

You would have to read the whole interview to understand why I pointed that it was David's fault. He talks about artist's expression during the whole thing, saying that he deosn't like his work being twisted at all.

How does defending his artist's expression make it "his" fault? Real artists don't like their works twisted, that's it. He would've been happy to put the music video out there but other people wouldn't allow it. And luckily he was in a position where he could decide to walk away and keep his art untouched, unlike Joseph Khan, for example. Besides, her team doesn't just "edit" material, they take the essence away and make something new out of it, like they did with Perfume (http://britneyspears.breatheheavy.com/joseph-kahn-reveals-his-original-britney-spears-perfume-video-concept-breatheheavy-exclusive/).

Also, why are people calling him a diva/cry baby/little *****?

Even if he is, so what? Does that mean that his art is not good? Or that he should stop doing his thing because he's difficult to work with? In any case, what happened (scrapping the actual music video and releasing a piece of garbage instead) proves her management/Britney care/s very little about art and about, idk how to say it, vision. Look at Perfume: Khan let them do whatever they wanted with his material and yet he felt so disappointed about the final product, so sad. It's like they killed his baby! Remember how Britney felt about Femme Fatale? How she felt about Britney Jean? How depressed and miserable they made her feel when they controlled and manipulated her artistry? Well, it's pretty much the same. So who could blame LaChapelle for sticking to his ideals? He can watch his Make Me music video they way he made it, the way he envisioned it. He didn't get to share his piece of art for Make Me with the world, which is really sad (just like Khan feels probably to this day about what happened to his original Perfume music video concept: sad), but at least he stayed true to himself. That, sadly, can't be said about Britney, except maybe for Glory. :jolieoverit:

7 hours ago, QuitmanDJ said:

The issue for me is that terrible cringe worthy video they decided to throw together and release as a "sorry" for the video release trouble.  

What "sorry"? The tried to made it seem as if the official Make Me music video was the only music video there was. They didn't say A WORD about it for a long *** time, knowing how desperate her fanbase was, and damn, the whole world was talking about it! It wasn't just 3 fans whining. Larry finally said "it just didn't work" and made it seem like we were making things up. How is that a sorry? The whole Make Me fiasco was a slap in the face, and it was very disrespectful, to say the least. :lessons:

5 hours ago, tarotx said:

We already knew that it was him that scrapped the video. Team B would have just released a highly edited version like they did other videos. The problem is that team B didn't give themselves any negotiation room. Both sides deserve to get the video they want. I still have no idea why they even worked with each other again since Britney didn't want to even finish the Everytime video. And to come and think about it Britney also seemed to have an issue with what Carpool Karaoke would entail as well as the Ellen skit.  Pre communication is the issue.

If scrapping the video was his -final- decision, then it was because he had no other option and there was no way he could get it officially released. If the problem was the actual footage (which we don't know for sure), then LaChapelle bowing out was the best decision he could've made. I agree about the pre-communication thing being an issue though. Actually it seems like there is no communication, at all, between Britney and anyone involved in a project with her.

7 hours ago, King B. said:

We can all agree that both sides ****** up. Move on with it and let it go.

The blame is on Britney's side, just think about how a music video is done. That doesn't just happen magically. David LaChapelle was chosen was the director (Britney and her team knew him already, they know how he works, how he behaves); visual concept for Make Me was designed from scratch; storyline and scenes were discussed; storyboards were made; both parties came to an agreement; contracts were signed; choreography was put together (and rehearsed) and fitted into the music video's storyline, etc... Seriously, there were soooo many stages before shooting the actual music video for anyone in power to change things up! And there were literally endless oportunities for Britney/David/her team to re-watch scenes on set and decide wether or not they were pleased with the material! Endless! :jtum: 

3 hours ago, makemeslay said:

So he threw a tantrum when they very astutely pointed out those scenes set in the mansion looked like crappy amateur home videos?

Team Larry tbfh. this adult-baby can go throw his tantrum in the sandbox. The industry is for professionals.

This comment is particularly ironic and sad, considering Team B is probably the most unprofessional team in the whole music industry. Ever. :reductive:

3 minutes ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

This comment is particularly ironic and sad, considering Team B is probably the most unprofessional team in the whole music industry. Ever. :reductive:

How about when she used to rule the world? Her team's fault as well? The director is hired to work on demand, like it or not, Britney and her team are the bosses.

Just now, Curiousexhaler86 said:

I was obviously referring to post-2007 Britney  :howiroll:

Post or pre, it's the same ******* team. You have got to make money to afford a well functioned A-game team, not like show up for 30 minutes to record a nassal remix for Rihanna. 

8 minutes ago, Body ache said:

So basically when team Britney wanted to change the music video at the last minute like they did with Perfume's video he decided to not give it to them. He probably took back the photoshoot as well.

Yeah, i think that's the case. To scrap a huge expensive music video is a big deal. I hate it when all the Britards be like her team scrapped it because they didn't like it or it didn't have a storyline... Like are you all for real? 

23 minutes ago, kin said:

Post or pre, it's the same ******* team. You have got to make money to afford a well functioned A-game team, not like show up for 30 minutes to record a nassal remix for Rihanna. 

Yeah but time is a HUGE factor here. Things change, people change. There's a reason she hasn't ruled the world since her breakdown :rihclap:

I don't know what happened with Rihanna tbh, but Britney's A-game team had Will.i.am edit Big Fat Bass while he was on a freakin plane back in 2011. They also managed to  put Britney Jean together thanks to Myah Marie in 2013 (the Alien glitch?). And most recently, they put this out, proving again how much they care about stuff:

normal_Xray00816.jpg

2 minutes ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

Yeah but time is a HUGE factor here. Things change, people change. There's a reason she hasn't ruled the world since her breakdown :rihclap:

I don't know what happened with Rihanna tbh, but Britney's A-game team had Will.i.am edit Big Fat Bass while he was on a freakin plane back in 2011. They also managed to  put Britney Jean together thanks to Myah Marie in 2013 (the Alien glitch?). And most recently, they put this out, proving again how much they care about stuff:

normal_Xray00816.jpg

Maybe she hasn't ruled since the breakdown because of the actual breakdown? It's the same team who managed the comeback while Britney was still very unstable still succeeded. Maybe they don't care that much because other artists in RCA seems to earn more for them than Britney? Like Britney herself sang "You better work *****!!"

I'm still not convinced about that quote. The answer is very vague, it could be interpreted in many different ways, plus we don't know what he actually answered in English. And we don't even know for sure he was talking about Britney.

Someone should ask him directly about the video, just like they did with Joseph Kahn (was that Jordan's exclusive? lol)

14 minutes ago, kin said:

Maybe she hasn't ruled since the breakdown because of the actual breakdown? It's the same team who managed the comeback while Britney was still very unstable still succeeded. Maybe they don't care that much because other artists in RCA seems to earn more for them than Britney? Like Britney herself sang "You better work *****!!"

Um, no. She didn't rule the world again because she was unable to put up with her own standards and that haunts her to this day. The Circus era was only as big and nice as it was because the hype after her breakdown and people's expectations to see what was going to happen were super high!

And yeah her team got Britney back on the game, but was that actually a good thing? She was literally a depressed person (everything she said in For The Record?), and something happened during 2010 that changed her, not in a good way, at all. She was clearly not ready to get under the lime light yet.

Anyway in the end, we seem to agree that Team B doesn't give a **** about Britney Spears. :receipts1:

It's obvious Britney wanted the *** scene with G-Eazy removed and LaChappele didn't want his art touched. But that *** scene was like disturbing. Like it felt wrong and I'm sure it wouldn't have been well received. It's just the way it was shot. From that angle. Like a man abusing a woman sorta. I'm sure if he had agreed to remove it the video would have been released. But we'll never know.

But for me, Britney not promoting violience and guns (Perfume) and ****** abuse (Make Me) is her doing the right thing. No? ...

I know we miss controversyney sometimes but times have changed and the world we live in today is not the world we lived in before. Violence and stuff like that is less and less tolerated. Yes, some artists will take this route because of course it will get the controversy going and bring attention to the project. But what do those artists stand for? :verycool:

Proud of Britney for wanting to bring joy and happiness with her visuals.

50 minutes ago, Curiousexhaler86 said:

Um, no. She didn't rule the world again because she was unable to put up with her own standards and that haunts her to this day. The Circus era was only as big and nice as it was because the hype after her breakdown and people's expectations to see what was going to happen were super high!

And yeah her team got Britney back on the game, but was that actually a good thing? She was literally a depressed person (everything she said in For The Record?), and something happened during 2010 that changed her, not in a good way, at all. She was clearly not ready to get under the lime light yet.

Anyway in the end, we seem to agree that Team B doesn't give a **** about Britney Spears. :receipts1:

Maybe they don't give **** because she doesn't in the first place? Besides, you blame her team for not making her successful, now you blame her team for making her successful in 2008???????  In the end, it's Britney, if she really work as hard as other A-game stars then you can blame her team.

15 minutes ago, ubritney said:

It's obvious Britney wanted the *** scene with G-Eazy removed and LaChappele didn't want his art touched. But that *** scene was like disturbing. Like it felt wrong and I'm sure it wouldn't have been well received. It's just the way it was shot. From that angle. Like a man abusing a woman sorta. I'm sure if he had agreed to remove it the video would have been released. But we'll never know.

But for me, Britney not promoting violience and guns (Perfume) and ****** abuse (Make Me) is her doing the right thing. No? ...

I know we miss controversyney sometimes but times have changed and the world we live in today is not the world we lived in before. Violence and stuff like that is less and less tolerated. Yes, some artists will take this route because of course it will get the controversy going and bring attention to the project. But what do those artists stand for? :verycool:

Proud of Britney for wanting to bring joy and happiness with her visuals.

We actually dont know the whole storyline at all!!! we've just seen the leaked scenes and I know the G-eazy scene seemed really controversial but actually I'm quite sure this wasnt the scene Britney or her team wanted to edit; she even said G-eazy was really comfortable to work with on set of the mv. If she had trouble with the whole thing I doubt she would say that. And there was the whole pic with them two posing on set etc. Remember there was the whole bulldozer scene where she is yelling at the director.

And what comes to the OP, I was thinking the same thing all along; B-TEam wanted to edit once again and he wouldnt change his vision that much. Which I actually understand. B-Team knew his work and hired him and they REALLY TRULY knew the imaginary he was going to use as they would probably have received the storyline well before the shooting even started and Brit and her team probably also looked at the scenes when they were shot.... So when they suddenly want to change it at the end, I cant blame LaChapelle for stepping his foot down. I'm sad they werent capable of agreeing on the result, that's what bothers me the most. Like how much did they want to change to make him react that way????

9 hours ago, Aegean said:

It's all Team Britney's fault. They hired one of the greatest photographers/directors in the world and then tried to re-edit his art like they did with Gimme More, Work *****, Perfume etc 

I'm sorry but they deserve all the backlash 

sometimes I wonder how much britards can be delusional to defend or support her team... for real

8 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

I don't.... like, I thought we all already knew this? This isn't new information, not really. We all suspected Team B had a problem and David got pissed, so he chucked it all. He's a high maintenance dude, a diva to the fullest. No, it wasn't cool that Team B couldn't hack what was presented -- I really cannot understand where the communication went wrong there, things are storyboarded for this reason -- but he gave them an ultimatum, and they told him to go shove it up his ***. I can't totally blame them for that, and not just because some of it was straight up trashy. They didn't snivel for him.

Y'all are never gonna get over this.

They won't.

but if the storyboard OBSLY was already done, it's obvious that Team B know what they were doing... right? 

And now the question is, did Britney wanted this? To be honest, Britney acted like she was into this for real... so I can only blame Team Britney and her father at this point. 

8 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

There's a better chance that we would magically get the full concept original Gimme More video tomorrow, than ever getting the Make Me video. It's probably never going to surface, and he seems really bitter about it. So sad. :otears:

if he's bitter, it's cause he wanted the video to happen... i'm sure nothing stopped him but team britney. 

Archived