One of the main problems with her choreo nowadays

Guest ItsNathanbitch

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ItsNathanbitch
3 hours ago, wut said:

The main problem is her dancing technique :idkney: I said it

How is she gonna dance more urban and hip hop again when she struggles to bend her knees, move her hips and pop her chest? WHY ISN'T HER CHOREOGRAPHER TELLING HER ANYTHING?:donewithit:

Oh please, this isn't 2011 where she doesn't bend her knees. Please, can we retire the knee bending jokes? They're quite invalid in 2016. 

2 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

the biggest prolem is that she refuses to do her old choreos...the original ones. I mean this isn't hardcore choreo but it looks 100x better than the POM one:

WHY BRITNEY????? WHY?????? :crying2:

even if she does that routine now it would be just as bad if she's not into it. passion in execution is EVERYTHING. to be honest none of her choreos currently are remotely 'bad'. if she does it with passion even her dullest choreo would be decent.

I cannot stress the importance of pants, sneakers or barefoot, and more footwork. She can dance way better than what she's doing now but the choreography is just stiff. It's annoying because it's stifling her. I 100 percent believe she can do her old choreography especially ones like the hook up from OHT. She's in the best shape in what a decade plus? They need to better. 

10 hours ago, ItsNathanbitch said:

Is that whenever she does do a full on dance routine, it only ever lasts for like 5-10 seconds. See DYWCO, MATM. The DWYCO performance could have been AMAZING if they did more with that final chorus choreo.

The only performances where she does do a more extensive routine are Work ***** and of course Slave. Heck, even the Pretty Girls performance had a pretty good breakdown. 

Yeah we get baby dance break s

18 minutes ago, coo said:

even if she does that routine now it would be just as bad if she's not into it. passion in execution is EVERYTHING. to be honest none of her choreos currently are remotely 'bad'. if she does it with passion even her dullest choreo would be decent.

yeah she keeps counting her steps. her looks are also very important...they practically make the perforrmance in Britney's case. they're too basic and boring (leotards) nowadays

2 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

the biggest prolem is that she refuses to do her old choreos...the original ones. I mean this isn't hardcore choreo but it looks 100x better than the POM one:

WHY BRITNEY????? WHY?????? :crying2:

Who choreographed/staged the Toxic numbers during ITZ? I feel like that's the kind of dramatic/theatric performance she has envisioned instead of the cringe worthy dramatic moments in POM. I feel like she her choreographers right now try to do "****" choreography (hair flips, slave pole moves, etc.) versus back then they gave her hard-hitting choreography and she made them look ****. I feel like Wade was really good with this. They would work well together now. 

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, Miss Cootie said:

The problem is u can tell shes literally going through the motions. she has the routine memorized in her head and is basically ticking boxes like:
bend and snap - check
arms up - check
etc etc

She looks like she really doesnt want to miss a step, its like a dance version of teleprompterney 
Thats why she looks so robotic

This tbh

It's like she doesn't trust herself to execute the moves. And maybe she doesn't feel like she can freestyle or improvise on the spot anymore as a result. :wontcry: It seems like when Charm first worked with Britney (was it with Pretty Girls at 2015 BBMAs) and then some of the POM 2.0 choreo and BBMAs 2016, it looked good and served Britney well. But now her choreography for Britney has plateaued and it just doesn't really do much for her.

I hope a choreographer that's like the Karen Kwak of the dance world comes in to work with Britney. :yesplease: Karen gave Britney space to feel like herself and to be empowered over the direction of the music, but also ensured that Britney met/exceeded certain goals set by the label/recording folks. Same thing should happen with choreography tbh :tiffhair: Britney deserves it almost 20 years into her career. 

2 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

This tbh

It's like she doesn't trust herself to execute the moves. And maybe she doesn't feel like she can freestyle or improvise on the spot anymore as a result. :wontcry: It seems like when Charm first worked with Britney (was it with Pretty Girls at 2015 BBMAs) and then some of the POM 2.0 choreo and BBMAs 2016, it looked good and served Britney well. But now her choreography for Britney has plateaued and it just doesn't really do much for her.

I hope a choreographer that's like the Karen Kwak of the dance world comes in to work with Britney. :yesplease: Karen gave Britney space to feel like herself and to be empowered over the direction of the music, but also ensured that Britney met/exceeded certain goals set by the label/recording folks. Same thing should happen with choreography tbh :tiffhair: Britney deserves it almost 20 years into her career. 

Yes, this! Maybe they can hit up some of the So You Think You Can Dance or Dancing With the Stars choreographers/stage directors to oversee some of the choreography? I've seen a few episodes, and they're really good about making celebrities/dancers feel good from what I saw in their interviews/packages before they perform. 

10 hours ago, Million Billion said:

The thing is that now she's more into girly and feminine moves than hardcore choreographies. I love HIAM & TTWE choreographies because they were more manly, just look at the GM/BTI 2013 performances, those were the moves Primeney used to effortlessly execute. On the other side, WB was a hardcore dance track but its choreography was still very girly, I mean, I love it as it is but some more hardcore moves would have suited it great. :comingthru:

I'm still waiting for her to bust out Toxic and Boys original choreography... Toxic routine for POM is so awful... She needs a new choreographer and that's it!

That Ladonna girl U can save her for Rihanna and Meghan the girls that can't dance for **** LOL 

25 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

This tbh

Please!! Who could be like the Karen of the dance world?? :tifftear: I don't really know about choreographers besides the ones who already worked with her :juggingu: At this point I would take even the Squared Division (they choreographed WB, the old BTI routine, etc).

1 hour ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

I cannot stress the importance of pants, sneakers or barefoot, and more footwork. She can dance way better than what she's doing now but the choreography is just stiff. It's annoying because it's stifling her. I 100 percent believe she can do her old choreography especially ones like the hook up from OHT. She's in the best shape in what a decade plus? They need to better. 

Yeah we get baby dance break s

what?! the choreography is stiff?? lol britney is the one who is stiff. watch her back up dancers, they execute all of her current choreography quite well. 

6 hours ago, jokobitch said:

there's no way that at least one of her choreographers haven't said something to her about it! can you imagine being a choreographer for her and her making your moves look terrible? id be so upset 

True:verycool: She must have some kind of reason 

I have a feeling britney asks for it this way, I have a hard time believing anyone wud purposely choreograph this way. Have a feeling she just says "this is too hard" or she asks for choreography that isn't too intense, i got that impresison when i watched her practice the Toxic choreogepahy during the BJ documentary, it was so basic compared to the original toxic choreography and she asked for a water break like right away.

It's almost like they went "can you choreograph a 2 hour show for her backup dancers, then give her 20 minutes of choregraphy scattered throughout the show, and the in between find ways she can walk around the stage" lmao

Archived