PERIOD, Britney is the next Madonna, Gaga is the next Cindy Lauper

LittleLion

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nevermind said:

britney is like janet. anyone with some common sense can tell that. they only associate britney with madonna because of the kiss and the titles. but if you look at the actual artistry, it's clear who really inspires her.

giphy.gif

again, we are not talking about inspiration, sales or relevancy at the moment (in that case, Taylor would be the winner) we are talking about the most important figure in pop culture, the QUEEN.

The heiress are or Britney and maybe Beyoncé

i'd say no. britney has never displayed the depth or the pretentious behavior madonna has during certain peaks of her career. britney seems more light-hearted and candy-like. i'd say she is an amalgam of madonna, janet, and cyndi, with less career involvement and less confidence/arrogance.

2 hours ago, LittleLion said:

again, we are not talking about inspiration, sales or relevancy at the moment (in that case, Taylor would be the winner) we are talking about the most important figure in pop culture, the QUEEN.

The heiress are or Britney and maybe Beyoncé

Sweetie Madonna wasnt the only ***** that mattered...Whitney Mariah Celine Janet etc. all had moments and eras that dragged madonnas they all have iconic hits and are all queens so stop acting like Madonna was ******** on every ***** in the game cuz in the 90s she flopped more than any of the other ladies mentioned the difference is they wouldn't do ANYTHING to stay relevant unlike olddonna pullin out underage girl ******* and Kissin drake :wannadie:

The hate for Gaga is real. Some delusional "ultra-stans" of Britney that can't look passed their love of Brit and recognize Gaga's immense talent (or anyone else's for that matter). I adore Britney but I don't resort to insults when I'm feeling insecure about Brit's success. Joanne will slay me, just how Glory did

.:comingthru:

2 hours ago, nevermind said:

britney is like janet. anyone with some common sense can tell that. they only associate britney with madonna because of the kiss and the titles. but if you look at the actual artistry, it's clear who really inspires her.

giphy.gif

BOMT ha control 

Britney and Oops ha RN1814

ITZ ha Janet.

Blackout/Circus ha TVR

Fatte Female ha All 4 U

Glory ha 20/Yo 

Britneys Discipline and Ungodable is next :tifftear:

Yasssssssss

I'm sorry but I don't agree with anything that was written on that article/rant/idgaf ... They're all different, stop comparing and as I said before:

Every star will reach a point and then they will fade away at some point. Plus people are really judging Gaga over a single? She could go personal and then come back to more commercial wise music if that's the case. 

Just stop it with this whole Britney is the next Madonna ..etc. it's getting old and reductive. 

And Britney is ******* Britney 

bye :letitburn:

2 minutes ago, ViciousVixen said:

well I said "softcore" which is the line that she drew

she went pretty far for a standard popstar with her *** book and softcore **** movies :eheeek:

She did :jackk:.

I was bopping to Janet's If the other day (one of my favourite songs), I love how Janet still attempts to do the original breakdown. :crying1:

and slays.

Anyways, If instrumental-wise reminds me of Stronger and Boys (Co-ED) :orangu:

4 hours ago, LittleLion said:

Hi Babes:riri:

According to this analysis, by a flawless user of GagaDaily, we can say Britney and Madonna are pretty much the same, they make music that is more marketeable, sometimes they start trends, sometimes they follow them, always trying to appeal a younger generation and stay relevant.

The fact that both Britney and Gaga are having the same commercial reception when Gaga is a newer artist prove this theory,

Plus, if BRITNEY put more effort and ambition in her career she would be already bigger than Madonna and Beyoncé combined.

FEEL FREE to read the rest of this flawless analisis and share ur thoughts :riri:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know everyone compares Madonna & Gaga. This mainly because Gaga single-handedly shifted the direction and look of pop music in 2009, much like Madonna did the decades before Gaga was even a thought in our minds.

However, after ARTPOP and what we know of Joanne so far, it seems Gaga may be headed towards the direction of Lauper's trajectory.

Madonna and Cyndi Lauper appeared on the music scene around the same time in the 1980s.Madonna is still going strong and is still very well known. Lauper is still making music and peforming but isn't a household name. 

- Lauper's  1983 debut album produced 4 megahits and was followed by two successful albums. She went on to sell over 25 million records, but soon after she faded off of the mainstream scene. However, Cyndi is far from being a flop. She has worldwide record sales of 50 million and has won Grammy, Emmy, and Tony awards, which is a rare feat.

- Madonna released her first single in 1982 and is a household name to this day.  She's the best-selling female recording artist of all time, according to Guinness.

SO why do I think Gaga's career could go more into the direction of Lauper's?

Unlike Lauper, Madonna wanted fame more.

- Madonna is business savvy. She was aware of the need to continually reinvent herself and her sound. She knew how to market herself. She would (and still continues) to follow whatever musical trend will sell.

- LIKE Gaga, Lauper wanted to make music that she wanted to make. Not what happened to be hot at the time.

Unlike Madonna, Cyndi wanted to make personal music.

- Madonna wanted success and fame and the music industry was a means to accomplish that. Madonna cared about her music, but her albums were clearly made with a focus on commercial success rather than artistry.

- Lauper was more of a true artist. She stubbornly wanted to make the music she loved and fought with her label for creative control. 

- Cyndi changed over time. She left her crazy, colorful image behind and started making personal music. This kind of music was less appealing to her younger fans and due to her earlier crazy pop girl image, she likely wasn't taken seriously by the kinds of people who would buy more serious music. (Gaga is that you?)

- Cyndi would dissapear from the music scene for long chunks of time, while Madonna kept it going.

Although I don't see Gaga "fading away," I think the pattern is clear that when any artist wants to focus on personal music and music that they actually want to make as a creative artist, they face a loss from mainstream. So we shouldn't be shocked that we see this drop in demand for Gaga. It just is what it is. Time will tell if she is the modern Madonna or Cyndi.

Resultado de imagen para wwe laughing gif

They are not Madonna or Cyndi Lauper they are Britney Spears and Lady Gaga and have had and will continue to have their own unique careers whether they flop or are successful from here on out they're still too big and have done too much to be called "the next" someone else. And I wouldn't compare Britney to Madonna at all Madonna has always been so hungry and driven for fame and success Britney is "doing it for fun" they couldn't be more different in my opiion.

Archived