PERIOD, Britney is the next Madonna, Gaga is the next Cindy Lauper

LittleLion

Hi Babes:riri:

According to this analysis, by a flawless user of GagaDaily, we can say Britney and Madonna are pretty much the same, they make music that is more marketeable, sometimes they start trends, sometimes they follow them, always trying to appeal a younger generation and stay relevant.

The fact that both Britney and Gaga are having the same commercial reception when Gaga is a newer artist prove this theory,

Plus, if BRITNEY put more effort and ambition in her career she would be already bigger than Madonna and Beyoncé combined.

FEEL FREE to read the rest of this flawless analisis and share ur thoughts :riri:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know everyone compares Madonna & Gaga. This mainly because Gaga single-handedly shifted the direction and look of pop music in 2009, much like Madonna did the decades before Gaga was even a thought in our minds.

However, after ARTPOP and what we know of Joanne so far, it seems Gaga may be headed towards the direction of Lauper's trajectory.

Madonna and Cyndi Lauper appeared on the music scene around the same time in the 1980s.Madonna is still going strong and is still very well known. Lauper is still making music and peforming but isn't a household name. 

- Lauper's  1983 debut album produced 4 megahits and was followed by two successful albums. She went on to sell over 25 million records, but soon after she faded off of the mainstream scene. However, Cyndi is far from being a flop. She has worldwide record sales of 50 million and has won Grammy, Emmy, and Tony awards, which is a rare feat.

- Madonna released her first single in 1982 and is a household name to this day.  She's the best-selling female recording artist of all time, according to Guinness.

SO why do I think Gaga's career could go more into the direction of Lauper's?

Unlike Lauper, Madonna wanted fame more.

- Madonna is business savvy. She was aware of the need to continually reinvent herself and her sound. She knew how to market herself. She would (and still continues) to follow whatever musical trend will sell.

- LIKE Gaga, Lauper wanted to make music that she wanted to make. Not what happened to be hot at the time.

Unlike Madonna, Cyndi wanted to make personal music.

- Madonna wanted success and fame and the music industry was a means to accomplish that. Madonna cared about her music, but her albums were clearly made with a focus on commercial success rather than artistry.

- Lauper was more of a true artist. She stubbornly wanted to make the music she loved and fought with her label for creative control. 

- Cyndi changed over time. She left her crazy, colorful image behind and started making personal music. This kind of music was less appealing to her younger fans and due to her earlier crazy pop girl image, she likely wasn't taken seriously by the kinds of people who would buy more serious music. (Gaga is that you?)

- Cyndi would dissapear from the music scene for long chunks of time, while Madonna kept it going.

Although I don't see Gaga "fading away," I think the pattern is clear that when any artist wants to focus on personal music and music that they actually want to make as a creative artist, they face a loss from mainstream. So we shouldn't be shocked that we see this drop in demand for Gaga. It just is what it is. Time will tell if she is the modern Madonna or Cyndi.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SlayOut said:

They all kinda have different career trajectories and histories that are specific to each artist though. :saycheese:

Interesting analysis tho :drinky:

3 minutes ago, Draw The Blinds said:

It's insulting even to Paula Abdul tbh :zoomzoom:

5 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

Joanne is actually Paula Abdul 2.0

Cyndi Lauper is giving her too much credit.

But u guys agree and the "Britney is the next Madonna" ? that was my part in the analisis (the best part) so i want ur toughts about that, thanks :riri:

• Super Mods
4 minutes ago, LittleLion said:

But u guys agree and the "Britney is the next Madonna" ? that was my part in the analisis (the best part) so i want ur toughts about that, thanks :riri:

idk I personally think Britney has her own career and artistry just like Madonna, Cyndi, or Gaga have their own, and while there might be some similarities between Britney and Madonna, I don't think that means that Britney is "next" after Madonna.

Like people have said, Britney stands on her own as a Pop Queen tbh 

7 minutes ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

Britney not need be the New Madonna, because Britney is the One and Only Miss ******* Britney Spears.

She already have her own name in th music. And if she get outside of her comfort zone she can be more bigger than Madonna, she have the potencial. 

shut the hell up with that "Britney dont need to be the newww bla bla bla" WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT FEMALE FIGURE in POP CULTURE, the QUEEN

Can Britney be a QUEEN? thats the question, being a 45 years old princess is Kinda sad, so, she need to take the crown sooner or later

Just now, lirebelde said:

Even if Gaga now is trying to makes music over her personal taste but she STILL loves ''fame'':uknowit:  is ambitious as always and still have that wish of center of attention that she having from the beginning :mhmnod:britney couldn't care less about fame right now, unfortunately for us:yeaok:

thats why she is so different from Madonna, Madonna cant have more thirst and ambition in her career, she always been profesional, Never gain weight, not even when she was pregnant, always take of her body, image, fashion

3 minutes ago, lirebelde said:

Even if Gaga now is trying to makes music over her personal taste but she STILL loves ''fame'':uknowit:  is ambitious as always and still have that wish of be the center of attention that she having from the beginning :mhmnod:britney couldn't care less about fame right now, unfortunately for us:yeaok:

She's obsessed with fame like Kim Kardashian. Should Kimmy become a pop star? Being an attention ***** =/= being good at what you do.

Britney and Lady Gaga are too lazy to be the next Madonna. Once Blackout and ArtPop era happened.... I knew there would only be one Madonna. The only female that's still as hungry as Madonna in pop music is Rihanna. I would say Beyonce', but she's made a staple where she does not have to be the next Madonna. I am a bigger fan of Britney than all of them before you throw the daggers. Madonna at Britney age would still tearing down the dancefloor and promoting like a beast and Britney hasn't done that since In The Zone and safe to say will never... :comingthru:

6 minutes ago, LittleLion said:

shut the hell up with that "Britney dont need to be the newww bla bla bla" WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT FEMALE FIGURE in POP CULTURE, the QUEEN

Can Britney be a QUEEN? thats the question, being a 45 years old princess is Kinda sad, so, she need to take the crown sooner or later

She can take the crown of course we all know she could. But do we really want Britney to be like Madonna 60+ dressing like a 22 year old Popstar trying to appeal to a younger generation? 

Madonna has done amazing iconic things which will never be forgotten. 

But as someone who is a millennial her whole persona now comes off as sad, like she's trying to hard. 

Every artist is unique and there's a special place for everyone in the industry.This fanbase needs to grow up and stop the childish comparisons and bashing other artists.There will be no other Madonna she is one and only,there will be no other Britney she is one and only,there will be no other Beyonce she is one and only etc.

Britney is already a legend she has her own crown, she doesn't need to steal anyone's.This is what other artists should try too.

3 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

She's obsessed with fame like Kim Kardashian. Should Kimmy become a pop star? Being an attention ***** =/= being good at what you do.

whatever she wants:madonna: Cindy wasn't so thirsty for fame and attention as Gaga:xcuseme: is and Britney is not that thirsty as they both:bpo: britney priority are differents:unbothered: Gaga is flopping because the work she presented lately sucks.:omgpls:

Archived