Please Don't Push Songs that Don't Stand a Chance

IRunAway

Liar would be a bad choice, it's too much for a single.  It's like Passenger and Private Show had a baby.  I love it but I can recognize that I only love it because I love Britney. No idea why it was actually included in that poll.

I want her to have a HIT this era, because this album deserves one. We aren't going to get one if we push for songs the gp won't love.

I also think Just Love Me is a tiny bit too basic and not melodic enough.  

We need to band together and push for songs that have lasting power, current trends, and a vocal performance from her that people won't be able to write off as "annoying"

Slumber Party

Love Me Down

Better

...once all 3 of those are singles, we can talk about maybe pushing the envelope with If I'm Dancing, Man on the Moon or Just Love Me.

Opinion of course, but please really think about this. We don't have a free pass, we need to take the road with the biggest chance at success.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree so much, Lair is a good song where Britney is serving emotion and anger in her vocals like we never heard her in a long while but the song itself is dated production-wise, definitely not second single material, and as for Just Luv Me I think the sound has been done too many times by now (JB, Selena), it would be like when they released Pretty Girls a year after Fancy which is basically the same song, plus doesn't JLM fall the under the same laid back, mid-tempo category as MM , I don't know about y'all but I want Britney to serve the gp some diversity and originality this era.    :ohi:

I really hope Britney and her team don't listen to fans when choosing the singles, I really don't trust their instincts, last time that happened we got criminal flopping which basically ended the FF era aka her most successful era charts-wise, when we could've had How I roll or Inside Out, now think about that when you vote for Lair. :mhmsureny:

8 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

I agree so much, Lair is a good song where Britney is serving emotion and anger in her vocals like we never heard her in a long while but the song itself is dated production-wise, definitely not second single material, and as for Just Luv Me I think the sound has been done too many times by now (JB, Selena), it would be like when they released Pretty Girls a year after Fancy which is basically the same song, plus doesn't JLM fall the under the same laid back, mid-tempo category as MM , I don't know about y'all but I want Britney to serve the gp some diversity and originality this era.    :ohi:

I really hope Britney and her team don't listen to fans when choosing the singles, I really don't trust their instincts, last time that happened we got criminal flopping which basically ended the FF era aka her most successful era charts-wise, when we could've had How I roll or Inside Out, now think about that when you vote for Lair. :mhmsureny:

This.

Liar sounds like it was made in the early 2000's...which is nice for stans, but won't exactly impress the GP. 

Just Luv Me is so meh. I can't see why anyone would want her to follow up a mid-tempo single with that.

I don't want Liar as a single but I do have to say that it's being received well by general listeners. If I could have it my way Love Me Down would be single two to change up her sound to something more upbeat. It's catchy and fun so I know it would do well. Slumber Party for single three. Mid tempo and possibly her Toxic of this era. Keeping the album strong. Man On The Moon as third single. It's catchy and a little more upbeat but still strong as the lyrics are almost ballad like. Then I'd even include a fifth single and close out with Invitation just to experiment and show the gp a different side to Brit. Also it would be a great summer ballad because it incorporates electro and it would keep her original. Possibly Mood Ring as a buzz single type of thing with an endorsement but I haven't heard the track in full yet so it's hard to say. JLM and Better have already been done before and I don't want her to sound dated. She has enough original material to release as singles.

8 minutes ago, Margaery Tyrell said:

The majority of exhale has a bad taste, if they say Liar should be the 2nd single then it shouldn't :gloria:

true!!!

from a fan perspective I can see why they would go with Liar, the song is emotionally-provoking especially when you look back at Britney's history with JT, David etc... so it gives them life ala "yas expose ha queen", unfortunately most of the GP/music consumers either don't know that or just don't give a ****, they will judge the song by what they hear which in this case is 2002 dated pop.

:ohi:

3 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

true!!!

from a fan perspective I can see why they would go with Liar, the song is emotionally-provoking especially when you look back at Britney's history with JT, David etc... so it gives them life ala "yas expose ha queen", unfortunately most of the GP/music consumers either don't know that or just don't give a ****, they will judge the song by what they hear which in this case is 2002 dated pop.

:ohi:

A read :haha:

3 minutes ago, joey4228 said:

Your loss:uknowit:

Haha okay everyone has their favorites and non-favorites. Liar is by far my favorite on the album.

Love Me Down is my favourite, but I get that it might not be the best for the second single.

She needs to regain the ground she lost on the past couple of singles. She's on some pretty shaky ground right now. :tifftear:

4 minutes ago, joey4228 said:

I don't think there's really an obvious choice for the 2nd single tbh. As much as I like the album, I don't think any song would do extremely well on the charts.

I also like Love Me Down btw.:carpoolney:

No, there isn't an obvious choice. 

As long as they go with upbeat they should be okay. And it needs an bangin' video! :makesomenoise:

It's hard to say for sure what would or wouldn't be a hit :idkney: I honestly don't know. I do think Slumber Party has a sound that would do REALLY well right now but coming right after Make Me I just don't know. I think Liar would have been a guaranteed hit 5 years ago but now im not really sure. We're just gonna have to pick something and hope for the best I guess because she doesn't have a guaranteed hit on her hands right now.

Archived