I know whats hurting Britney atm

Dynasty

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

britney is not seen as cool or relevant (outside of the fanbase/exhale). no one (outside of the fanbase/exhale) has any idea what she has done for music other than fluff pop. most people (outside of the fanbase/exhale) don't think she can sing and most think she is completely vacant from her career. her visuals, promotions, interviews, and performances are considered cheap and vapid by most (outside the fanbase/exhale). most (outside of the fanbase/exhale) feel she pales in comparison to her peers. there has been a gap between britney the person and britney the artist, and it was not closed quickly enough when people (outside of the fanbase/exhale) were still giving her the benefit of the doubt. her core numbers are strong, but no one (outside of the fanbase/exhale) thinks "cool" or "lit" when they think of britney spears. it'll take a couple solid records to reestablish anything near that.

I think right now there isn't really a "sound of the moment" so it's kind of hard for anyone to have a guaranteed hit because you never know whats gonna smash right now. Glory is so good though so I think if people were into Britney right now it would have done really well. In my opinion there are 2 big problems

1. Britney just isn't "in" right now. Simple as that. People don't give a ****, and they think that it isn't cool to listen to her.

2. Her performances haven't been good enough. We're her biggest fans so we notice little things like 'oooh she's not stiff and she has more energy than before" but at the VMAs for example the GP just saw a lady in a rhinestone bathing suit doing zumba and mouthing along with the words to a CD. You just cant lip sync AND not put on an impressive display of dancing...who is gonna be into that??

my friends know britney as a singer that makes mostly generic and not so deep songs(actually they think all britney songs are meaningless) like work ***** etc because they don't listen to her albums in full and literally everyone ı know bring her lip syncing up in conversations when they hear her name, nonfans don't take her seriously.

1 hour ago, Million Billion said:

This is my theory:

1. She didn't promote a **** when she was in position to do it and get great results. Now she's is promoting, it's kind of late because she lost so so many oportunities in the past and now her stronger target audience reduced to some GP and 80% fanbase.

2. The POM residency, we as fans love her performances but being there for 3 years doing nothing while other stronger (AF) acts started to take the scene she also started to lose spotlight.

3. She doesn't sing live. Ultimately, she is a singer but she hasn't sang 100% live since 2009 on a random/unkown Circus tour date which only fans knew about (so it doesn't count). My point is, it has really damaged her status as a singer/celebrity because most singers actually sing or try to do it, but she shamelessly goes out there and does playback. This is not 00's anymore. On this point, I have no problem about it, I knew her doing playback and I am so used to it. 

4. Her flop team always changing everything because according to them "it doesn't work". We know they are not so brilliant but I hate they see her as a 00's icon instead of a current singer. We can't buy nostalgia forever and they either are so ******* clueless about it and they are so ******* disconnected to reality or they just intend to sink her career. 

Totally agree!

I think you really underlined the right points

So I had my Dad listen to Glory on his way to work...

When he came back home he told me that it's too mellow and that he'd rather have the album sound like Femme Fatale. :boredashell:

He then told me to delete Glory off of his truck's hard drive :ohnoney:

I agree, the fall of EDM in the mainstream is sort of hurting Brit. :embarrassney:

I think you made a good point, but I also think Make Me suits very well with her, that slow **** vibe a bit like Breathe on Me. I just think times have changed, there is a new wave of artists, Britney has always had a bad side to her image since 2007 even thought she had great comebacks, and lately with Britney Jean and the Vegas residency, the GP just kindda lost interest, but I think they are starting to hear about Glory and they are enjoying it, but it takes its time, its not easy to get the GP back to you, and then you have the haters, who will always hate no matter what, who will always bring the same old comments and who will just shame ppl who like Brit. 

2 hours ago, A.D. said:

I don't think it has anything to do with the musical direction she's taking, the GP sadly doesn't care much about her. Blame those dry vaginas that are Larry and Adam. Her management team did a good job turning her image around for the better with Circus but screwed things up with FF and then BJ. Britney clearly needed a break after everything she went through. Also, what kind of judge would allow her to tour worldwide right after a breakdown? :rihstare:

That's what I've always wondered. When someone gets sick, the doctor orders a sickleave. Why was it different with her?

This is good promo for Britney compared to her promo in the last couple years. But if it were any other artist we'd be seeing promotion at least 3 times a week with something new. Britney has stepped up the promo game but it's not the full extent that she could do. But she doesn't want to promote more than she already has. So that's fine. I just want a proper performance and video for each single. Praying that there is more than 2 singles 

3 hours ago, button said:

What is hurting Britney (commercially speaking) is her loss of GP support due to her messy image during FF & Britney Jean. It's not her musical direction that is causing her trouble, it's her image as a lazy performer that made people over her.

This.  Her image sucked during both eras, but the music on FF was good enough to overshadow that.  On the flip side, BJ was a disaster and she was still a messy performer then, so people gave up on her.  There was literally no reason for the GP to support her from 2013-15.  And now, even though she's improved in every way, people are over her and just don't give a **** anymore.  She's obviously trying by doing promo and putting herself out there more than she has in years, but she has a long way to go.  Fortunately, she's awesome and Glory is ******* incredible, so I'm hoping she'll eventually win back everyone who dipped out in the last two eras.  

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, --- said:

britney is not seen as cool or relevant (outside of the fanbase/exhale). no one (outside of the fanbase/exhale) has any idea what she has done for music other than fluff pop. most people (outside of the fanbase/exhale) don't think she can sing and most think she is completely vacant from her career. her visuals, promotions, interviews, and performances are considered cheap and vapid by most (outside the fanbase/exhale). most (outside of the fanbase/exhale) feel she pales in comparison to her peers. there has been a gap between britney the person and britney the artist, and it was not closed quickly enough when people (outside of the fanbase/exhale) were still giving her the benefit of the doubt. her core numbers are strong, but no one (outside of the fanbase/exhale) thinks "cool" or "lit" when they think of britney spears. it'll take a couple solid records to reestablish anything near that.

This... Sadly... :( 

I am literally so confused when I see people, especially responding to Make Me and this album, saying how they know Britney for her bangers and relate her to EDM. I mean, it's only FF and BJ. Or I should say, people know FF which was only 2011 and they know Work *****. and S&S which was a feature. That's still recent, she's had a lengthy career. Blackout is more electropop or dancepop, but mostly moderate tempo. She makes electronic music in the sense that much of it is electronically programmed. But that's all. Circus was pop, every other album before that was pop or some variant. I just can't imagine saying she's known for 'club bangers'. What does that even mean??

You can play her songs in clubs but it doesn't mean that it fits into that genre. Maybe I'm just coming from a fan since BOMT perspective. It's just strange to me. If anything like a lot of people I see this as a current take on her return to ITZ/Blackout groove. 

4 hours ago, joey4228 said:

I think because most people see her as a joke and don;t even give her music a chance anymore.:ohnoney:

Well their loss, Make Me is still flawless and so are most of the songs on Glory.:CPKney:

Omg I was afraid you (and David archuleta) got banned I haven't seen you post in days 

Archived