Lady Gaga Premieres Lead LG5 Single "Perfect Illusion": Listen

Jordan Miller

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse

Ok, now listening to Clumsy and reading these comments, it makes me want to listen to old Gaga songs instead. Which is weird cause Gaga is not exactly my favorite these days. But they have their value.

I'll start out by saying I've been a Gaga fan since 2008, but I try to remain neutral and unbiased in my opinion of music. So here goes: 

This was suppose to be... pop? I mean, I definitely hear the rock vibe, but I thought she was going to be releasing a pop record? It sounds way more rock than it does pop.

Upon first listen (this is subject to change after I hear it a few more times), I don't feel like it really lived up to the hype. Maybe I was expecting something incredible and earth-shattering; something on "Bad Romance"'s level. It was a little "meh" for me. I feel like she repeated the lyric "Perfect illusion" too many times. I was kind of sick of hearing it by the end of the song. I get that that's the title of the song, but where were the other lyrics? WHY was he the "perfect illusion"? What happened?

I really enjoyed her strong, powerhouse vocals, though. The ***** can definitely sing!

I'm just not sure that this song is what she should've put out as her first come-back single. Maybe it could've been single #2 or #3, but I think she should've started out with something much stronger to really make people go nuts.

:angietea:

• Super Mods
10 minutes ago, Starburst said:

Nobody is posting though. Stop trying to make this forum seem popular Jordan :donewithit:

Nobody is posting though. Stop trying to make this forum seem popular Jordan :donewithit:

Not the triple posts over Gaga :wontcry: Haven't seen double or triple posts in ages nnnnnnnnnnnn 

11 minutes ago, Stifler's Mom said:

she's actually running away from all her oldest stans at this point, and y'all still don't get it :rihclap:

Then that's her biggest mistake :nobitch: But good for her tho, most of her oldest fans are the one who jumped the ship from Britney and hopefully they'll come back to stan for the real princess of pop :NYcackle: And I enjoy reading GGD rn, they're on full meltdowns mood  :rihclap:

Archived