Lady Gaga Premieres Lead LG5 Single "Perfect Illusion": Listen

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Lady Gaga reveals her alternate reality on new song "Perfect Illusion."

lady-gaga-perfect-illusion-single-cover

Lady Gaga reveals her alternate reality on new song "Perfect Illusion."

It's been three years since Little Monsters got their hands on a new pop single from Mother Monster, but the wait is no more. After touring the world with Tony Bennett in support of their joint album together Cheek To Cheek, Gaga appeared to be at a crossroads in the biz. Every interview during that era, the super star beamed with adoration towards jazz music, which she labeled the original form of pop music and credited it for saving her life. She also ventured back into acting with her award winning role as The Countess on American Horror Story: Hotel then recorded a Diane Warren-penned ballad titled "Til It Happens To You" from The Hunting Ground documentary. Gaga was in no rush to return to the pop scene, but not because she didn't want to. She was busy making her new material sound just right. The perfect illusion.

The song, produced by Mark Ronson, Bloodpop and Tame Impala frontman Kevin Parker, premiered Thursday at midnight. In "Perfect Illusion," Gaga blends rock with pop and concocts an original tune that her peers would never dare attempt to record.

"Trying to keep control / Pressure is taking control / Stuck in the middle zone / I just want you alone," Gaga sings. "You were the perfect illusion."

Gaga has remained relatively quiet regarding her thoughts of the song, but Ronson wasn't as low-key. "It’s some of my favorite music I’ve really ever worked on," he said earlier this year. "It’s incredible. I love it.”

Listen below:

Thoughts on "Perfect Illusion?" Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived