Understanding Glory WW sales figure and the UWC

IRunAway

*** If you want to know how much Glory actually sold WW, scroll to the bottom.  If you want to understand how she sold that many copies and understand the United World Chart, continue reading.

They used to break this down on their chart methodology page, but just so everyone knows, they used to call "sales" "POINTS"

Albums and singles would earn points based on size/population of country.  Then they started tracking "sales" -

basically 1 point = 2 sales

its still almost the same methodology, but they are calling points "sales" now, and certifications are different.

So 147.000 sales (points) = 294,000 copies WW.

*Also, to get a WW certification on mediatraffic, (the red triangle,) a single or album USED TO have to reach 2,000,000 (2 million) points... Now, since they started calling them "sales," only 1 million are required to reach a certification.

So if a single or album has a red triangle next to it, it use to mean (up until early this year) that it has sold approx 4 million copies WW.  That's like a WW platinum.  NOW, when something has a red triangle, it means it has reached 1 million points (2 mil WW sales.)

When a title has a red triangle with a little red number next to it, that means it is that many times platinum, WW.  So Adele's 25 on the last chart with certifications had a red triangle with a 9 next to it, meaning it has sold approx 18 million copies, Worldwide: http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-week24-2016.htm

And an easy way to see the way it used to work is by looking at Beyonce's first visual album, which sold over a million copies in its first two weeks, but did not receive a certification until its 4th week, when it reached over 2 million points on the United Word Chart: http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-week52-2013.htm

Anyway, hope that cleared the air about Britney's 1st week sales for Glory! 

*** 294,000 copies

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TheLightningThief said:

No, they only use points/that weird methodology for the songs charts.

The album charts remain pure sales only. Read their website:

Album Chart
"the top-selling albums according to global sales figures and national album charts"

:saycheese:

"Global" and "national" but adding just "25" countries.  :quirkney:

2 hours ago, TheLightningThief said:

No, they only use points/that weird methodology for the songs charts.

The album charts remain pure sales only. Read their website:

Album Chart
"the top-selling albums according to global sales figures and national album charts"

:saycheese:

Yes the points system is for songs only

The album chart is pure sales

6 minutes ago, justkeepdoingit said:

definitely not, *******.

USA - 111K

brazil - 20K (at least)

UK - 10k

germany - 12k

france - 6k

south korea - 17k

= 176K 

and i didn't even include all countries, only the ones i found numbers for real quick. :madonna:

Mediatraffic album chart doesn't include streaming, just pure sales so the 111k/10k/12k figures shouldn't be brought up.

17k for South Korea is false

I think Mediatraffic didn't count Brazil and Mexico cuz their charts aren't out. The 147k is a very low estimation.

Mediatraffic has been ******* up for a few months now.

Just now, button said:

Mediatraffic album chart doesn't include streaming, just pure sales so the 111k/10k/12k figures shouldn't be brought up.

17k for South Korea is false

I think Mediatraffic didn't count Brazil and Mexico cuz their charts aren't out. The 147k is a very low estimation.

Mediatraffic has been ******* up for a few months now.

ok, idc about mediatraffic anyways. since streaming counts towards sales now, y'all should adjust. it's not 2000.

40 minutes ago, justkeepdoingit said:

definitely not.

USA - 111K

brazil - 20K (at least)

UK - 10k

germany - 12k

france - 6k

south korea - 17k

= 176K 

and i didn't even include all countries, only the ones i found numbers for real quick. :madonna:

Ok,  almost is true what you wrote. but 88k pure sales in USA. 111k with SPS

= 153K

11 minutes ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

The OP and his flop logic I mean if he was right so Britney Jean sold 500K WW and Circus 1.6millions WW just in the first week  :ricackle:

Glory only sold 147K in the first week. Mediatraffic don't include Streaming. Just pure sales, and Glory on USA only sold 88K on PURE sales

Yes BJ= 436K WW in the first week. Femme Fatale= 980k WW in the first week. :angietea: If its true. :blol:

Archived