THE VERDICT IS IN!!!! IS "GLORY" BRITNEY SPEARS' FIRST EVER "RAY OF LIGHT" ALBUM??? (find out inside)

Doomsday

This is the toughest Britney record critics have deliberated on. That's why it took a whole week. But they have finally reached a verdict. Before the verdict is announced let's review everything we know about a "Ray Of Light" album:

"Ray Of Light" (adj)- a music phrase or term used to describe a masterpiece album that is innovative in production, vocals, and lyrics. The production must be stellar, vocals outstanding, and lyrics INTROSPECTIVE, DEEP, MEANINGFUL, AND POETIC. The term was derived from Madonna's 1998 masterpiece album of the same name where Madonna broke boundaries and revolutionized the music industry forever. Critics chose ROL for the phrase because its title is regarded as the best album title of all time. Obviously Madonna first made her masterpiece with the brilliant "Like A Prayer" but that title is not very fitting. It would be awkward for one to say "Anti is a Like A Prayer." It just hits the ear wrong and doesn't feel good when you say it. But try saying "Anti is a Ray Of Light" it rolls off your tongue like candy and explodes through your whole body. Definitely the greatest album title EVER.

Anywho, back to the meaning. An album MUST fulfill all three components of a "Ray Of Light" album (production, vocals, and lyrics) for it to be considered a ROL album. If one component is missing the album cannot be a ROL. All 8 Britney albums are missing a component or two that's why she doesn't have a ROL. BUT is Glory the one? Does Glory have all three components? Is Glory Britney Jean Spears' first ever "Ray Of Light" album? Critics have finally reached a verdict after a week of INTENSE deliberation.

AND THE VERDICT IS..... (drum roll)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GLORY IS NOT A "RAY OF LIGHT" ALBUM. BRITNEY FAILS AGAIN.

So why? Well, Glory is missing two components: Production and lyrics. There's nothing really revolutionary or experimental here (except for a few exceptions like CE). I miss the old Britney where she created trends and sounds instead of following them. One thing that made Madonna's "Ray Of Light" so flawless is how she created a new sound mixing electronica with trip hop and pop making for a very experimental, innovative record. Whereas Britney is following trends (possibly to stay relevant). There is heavy influence of Selena Gomez's Revival and Justin Bieber's Purpose here. None of those albums are "Ray Of Lights" so saying Glory is a ROL is like saying Revival is also a ROL. The only really innovative tracks on Glory are Make Me, Do You wanna come over, Private Show, What You Need, and Clumsy. I feels like if Burns would have produced the entire record we would have had a "Ray Of Light" album. But Britney chose to work with hip songwriters at the moment so they created the same record they did with other artists they've worked with. Nothing new or innovative on Glory. This was what I was afraid of. That's why I wanted her to work with more unknown producers and songwriters so they can create something fresh and original. Prime Britney never was influenced by, she INFLUENCED.

The second component Glory is missing is lyrics. The lyrics just aren't deep, meaningful, and introspective enough. Just ***. She has nothing to say. A "Ray Of Light" album usually signifies a rebirth, an album when the artist reconnects with what is real and true. Britney has always been the party, *** girl. No rebirth here. Just the same subject she's been talking about for the last 17 years of her career. Like I said in my other thread, how many Eroticas is she gonna make? It's sad that she can't talk about anything else. GROW BRITNEY. Beyonce talks about real issues on lemonade making it the best album of her career while Britney sticks to the same tired subject. Now the granted the lyrics in Glory are more mature but they're not deep, poetic, and introspective enough to make it a "Ray Of Light" album.

Now by no means is Glory a bad album. It's her best since Femme Fatale. It's a great pop album but it would be a stretch to call it a ROL album. Yes, she has never sounded better but that's the only component that's fulfilled here. Also, don't forget that you need 8 "Ray Of Light" songs (for albums less that 13 tracks) and 12 ROL songs (for albums more than 12 tracks) for your album to be a ROL. I would say Glory has like 3 but the rest are pure pop perfection. Just Luv Me is a treat and should be a single. Even though it's heavily influenced by revival but at least revival is a great pop album so I don't mind the influence.

Anywho, Glory is her lowest debuting album to date in terms of pure album sales, 88,000. It even sold less than Britney Jean. Embarrassing but not surprising. It's safe to call it a flop album. Let's pray it might have longevity but with the album not being a rol, I doubt that will happen. I predicted this. I did say if Glory is anything but a ROL it will flop and well I might be right. Maybe it's still early to call. Like I said let's pray for longevity at least.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

This is the toughest Britney record critics have deliberated on. That's why it took a whole week. But they have finally reached a verdict. Before the verdict is announced let's review everything we know about a "Ray Of Light" album:

"Ray Of Light" (adj)- a music phrase or term used to describe a masterpiece album that is innovative in production, vocals, and lyrics. The production must be stellar, vocals outstanding, and lyrics INTROSPECTIVE, DEEP, MEANINGFUL, AND POETIC. The term was derived from Madonna's 1998 masterpiece album of the same name where Madonna broke boundaries and revolutionized the music industry forever. Critics chose ROL for the phrase because its title is regarded as the best album title of all time. Obviously Madonna first made her masterpiece with the brilliant "Like A Prayer" but that title is not very fitting. It would be awkward for one to say "Anti is a Like A Prayer." It just hits the ear wrong and doesn't feel good when you say it. But try saying "Anti is a Ray Of Light" it rolls off your tongue like candy and explodes through your whole body. Definitely the greatest album title EVER.

Anywho, back to the meaning. An album MUST fulfill all three components of a "Ray Of Light" album (production, vocals, and lyrics) for it to be considered a ROL album. If one component is missing the album cannot be a ROL. All 8 Britney albums are missing a component or two that's why she doesn't have a ROL. BUT is Glory the one? Does Glory have all three components? Is Glory Britney Jean Spears' first ever "Ray Of Light" album? Critics have finally reached a verdict after a week of INTENSE deliberation.

AND THE VERDICT IS..... (drum roll)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GLORY IS NOT A "RAY OF LIGHT" ALBUM. BRITNEY FAILS AGAIN.

So why? Well, Glory is missing two components: Production and lyrics. There's nothing really revolutionary or experimental here (except for a few exceptions like CE). I miss the old Britney where she created trends and sounds instead of following them. One thing that made Madonna's "Ray Of Light" so flawless is how she created a new sound mixing electronica with trip hop and pop making for a very experimental, innovative record. Whereas Britney is following trends (possibly to stay relevant). There is heavy influence of Selena Gomez's Revival and Justin Bieber's Purpose here. None of those albums are "Ray Of Lights" so saying Glory is a ROL is like saying Revival is also a ROL. The only really innovative tracks on Glory are Make Me, Do You wanna come over, Private Show, What You Need, and Clumsy. I feels like if Burns would have produced the entire record we would have had a "Ray Of Light" album. But Britney chose to work with hip songwriters at the moment so they created the same record they did with other artists they've worked with. Nothing new or innovative on Glory. This was what I was afraid of. That's why I wanted her to work with more unknown producers and songwriters so they can create something fresh and original. Prime Britney never was influenced by, she INFLUENCED.

The second component Glory is missing is lyrics. The lyrics just aren't deep, meaningful, and introspective enough. Just ***. She has nothing to say. A "Ray Of Light" album usually signifies a rebirth, an album when the artist reconnects with what is real and true. Britney has always been the party, *** girl. No rebirth here. Just the same subject she's been talking about for the last 17 years of her career. Like I said in my other thread, how many Eroticas is she gonna make? It's sad that she can't talk about anything else. GROW BRITNEY. Beyonce talks about real issues on lemonade making it the best album of her career while Britney sticks to the same tired subject. Now the granted the lyrics in Glory are more mature but they're not deep, poetic, and introspective enough to make it a "Ray Of Light" album.

Now by no means is Glory a bad album. It's her best since Femme Fatale. It's a great pop album but it would be a stretch to call it a ROL album. Yes, she has never sounded better but that's the only component that's fulfilled here. Also, don't forget that you need 8 "Ray Of Light" songs (for albums less that 13 tracks) and 12 ROL songs (for albums more than 12 tracks) for your album to be a ROL. I would say Glory has like 3 but the rest are pure pop perfection. Just Luv Me is a treat and should be a single. Even though it's heavily influenced by revival but at least revival is a great pop album so I don't mind the influence.

Anywho, Glory is her lowest debuting album to date in terms of pure album sales, 88,000. It even sold less than Britney Jean. Embarrassing but not surprising. It's safe to call it a flop album. Let's pray it might have longevity but with the album not being a rol, I doubt that will happen. I predicted this. I did say if Glory is anything but a ROL it will flop and well I might be right. Maybe it's still early to call. Like I said let's pray for longevity at least.

I agreed with you on like two points but then i saw this 

First, Britney hasnt always been that party *** girl. She started to show that a little during the Britney Era but it wasn't full force until ITZ. :rihclap:

Second, Glory is her best since Blackout. Next. :OMGney:

Lastly, NO ONE THATS POPULAR IN THE MAINSTREAM TOP 40 MARKET SELLS 100,000+ copies ANYMORE. RIHANNA DIDNT. BEYONKA DIDNT. Thank Streaming. It obviously did better than ******** because it debuted higher. :surething:

19 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

You are dumb. Have you not listen to the lyrics to Invitation or Just Luv Me, for example?!

ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME, YOU PIECE OF INBRED, HILLBILLY, WHITE TRASH?! ENOUGH WITH THIS DAMNED RAY OF LIGHT BULLSHIT. NO. ONE. *******. CARES. GLORY IS UNIVERSALLY ADORED RIGHT NOW BY THE FANBASE, AND MANY CRITICS LIKE IT, TOO. THIS IS BRITNEY AT HER FINEST, DOING WHAT SHE LOVES, *** JAMS WITH URBAN BEATS. HOW DARE YOU CLAIM TO BE A BRITNEY FAN AND THEN TURN AROUND AND COMPARE HER TO SOMEONE WHO ISN'T COMPARABLE AT ALL?! MADONNA IS NOT BRITNEY, NEVER HAS BEEN BRITNEY, NEVER WILL BE BRITNEY. MADONNA AND BRITNEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE, AND YOUR STUPIDITY AND IGNORANCE IS TRULY MENTALLY TAXING.

@NotAPassenger @Toxicité @Vixen Can someone finally remove this basic, trolling trash from our presence?! :lessons: 

Archived