Eye Contact

britbrit975

one criticism, whether she improves on anything, she needs to work on her stage presence/body language the tiniest bit more, most notably: EYE CONTACT.

Comparing footage of the today show this morning to older footage, she would hold her eye contact much longer (whether at the camera, looking a dancer in the eye, the audience in the past). Now she glances at her backup dancers (as if to check if she is doing it right) and checks the floor when she moves and just seems a lot more cautious. Love her to death, don't bash me for this, I doubt she notices it herself because she probably had much more confidence before, just think would make her dancing look much more deliberate, and help her stand out.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, britbrit975 said:

one criticism, whether she improves on anything, she needs to work on her stage presence/body language the tiniest bit more, most notably: EYE CONTACT.

Comparing footage of the today show this morning to older footage, she would hold her eye contact much longer (whether at the camera, looking a dancer in the eye, the audience in the past). Now she glances at her backup dancers (as if to check if she is doing it right) and checks the floor when she moves and just seems a lot more couscous. Love her to death, don't bash me for this, I doubt she notices it herself because she probably had much more confidence before, just think would make her dancing look much more deliberate, and help her stand out.

yeah is think she seems a lot more couscous as well

mare_couscous_with_fresh_cilantro_and_le

LMFAO :rihclap:

• Super Mods

When I forced my family to watch ha BBMAs performance, they noticed that she kept looking down to count her steps in order to execute choreography. I never really noticed that but in some POM performances it's evident. It's like she's focused on hitting each move "right/correct" rather than free-styling (that's the closest word I could think of to try to convey what I'm trying to say).

I'm not bashing her BBMAs performance, POM, or the energy that she's exuded over the past year in her performance, but if she put in a little bit more time to practice the choreo to where she didn't have to look down, then maybe she'd be able to have more eye contact with the audience.

4 minutes ago, I am Max. said:

Yeap, that's exactly what's missing right now.. and it's been missing since 2008. She killed the cameras on Womanizer promo performances, but that was the last time. (im not talking about dancing or anything else, just the attitude)

Exactly, I actually saw glimpse in Pretty Girls and a bit at the VMA's, but the lack of stage confidence is evident in her eyes, (and for all who think I'm micro analyzing...which i am...look up eye contact body-language, it is the number one way people communicate emotion and most important dominance).

Archived