Do you think Britney still want to be at the top?

Blackout Fan

While we are all anxious about the performance of our songs, billboard, sales and we all wait patiently to see her rising again with number ones everywhere (Like the Circus Era)... Do you think it is actually what she wants? Though it is hard to accept, she looks so much happier now than she looked 5-10 years ago... Sometimes I dare to think that she will never have a strong comeback like the circus Era, or the pre-blackout, not because she isn`t talented, but because I feel she doesn`t want that much of attention.

Am I the only one thinking that way?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This era.... yes. I think she wants her album to do well this era. She worked hard on it, you can tell from the flawless quality of the songs. There is a reason why she did BBMA's, Jimmy Kimmel prank, is going to perform at the iheartradio festival, Carpool Karaoke, and possibly the VMAs that she canceled 2 POM shows for. 

Edit: I don't think she wants to be "at the top" this era... but I do think she wants her album to do really well.

8 minutes ago, Hamper said:

This era.... yes. I think she wants her album to do well this era. She worked hard on it, you can tell from the flawless quality of the songs. There is a reason why she did BBMA's, Jimmy Kimmel prank, is going to perform at the iheartradio festival, Carpool Karaoke, and possibly the VMAs that she canceled 2 POM shows for. 

Edit: I don't think she wants to be "at the top" this era... but I do think she wants her album to do really well.

This, basically.  I'm sure she wants the album to do well, considering it's her baby, but I don't think she cares about being #1 or selling millions anymore.  She seems to be at the point where it's all about the art for her.  A 'I don't make music for the charts' tea.  

I don't think she wants to be "on top" I don't think she ever wanted to on top tbh I think it just happened.

I think she's happy with just how things are right now. She goes to Vegas every few weeks, release a song here and there and maye shoot a fun video.

She isn't hopping club to club, to every red carpet event, attending every award show, or making appearances at late night shows and talk shows like say Britney 2003 would. 

I think she's found a healthy balance of being a mom and being a popstar. It's not a balance that a lot of fans like (some would want her to put more weight on the popstar side), but it's healthy for her.

She finally exudes happiness after many years. She is very passionate and involved about her work this time, unlike the last 8 years. Blackout was the last time she was ever this involved in making music and it shows with her performances and work. 

I think she wants the fans to love the album because she worked hard on it, I don't necessarily picture her on her computer monitoring the charts and radio spins nor do I think she cares if her album goes #1 or not. I hope it does, but I don't think that's her goal. It's all about her art and what she feels. Not to be the Queen of Pop.

If you think about it, did she ever wanna be at the top? She wanted to make music and be famous, but it happened SO FAST. Within 3 months from BOMT single to BOMT album, she was the hottest new artist. It happened so fast she didn't look back, just kept going (like what she says in FTR) and she didn't stop. I don't think she realized how famous she was and how fast it happened. In 4 years from her start, she was the most powerful celebrity. When you're that big, you're expected to go to red carpet events, award shows, etc. Now it may seem like she doesnt care about being #1, but it seems she never really did. The reason she doesnt go to red carepts, award shows, etc is because she doesnt have to. She's no longer #1. She only went on talk shows so she could promote her work. 

1 hour ago, DirtyMind said:

This, basically.  I'm sure she wants the album to do well, considering it's her baby, but I don't think she cares about being #1 or selling millions anymore.  She seems to be at the point where it's all about the art for her.  A 'I don't make music for the charts' tea.  

That's a TRUE artist!  True artists don't get caught up in all the charts and all that stuff the fans do.

They just want to get they're art out there and for people to like it!

Only artists like Rihanna, Gaga, Nicki & KP all live for charts and watches them like stans ... TS might be apart of that list too

7 minutes ago, Dark Doggie said:

a few big pop names need to really have an attack going on her, disrespecting and shaming her and her legacy.

its harsh but that's usually all it takes for someone to come out of their shell to show the haters who the real boss is

especially for someone who once was the boss.

Diana-diana-ross-18324360-350-178.gif She's the Boss!

6 minutes ago, Dark Doggie said:

a few big pop names need to really have an attack going on her, disrespecting and shaming her and her legacy.

its harsh but that's usually all it takes for someone to come out of their shell to show the haters who the real boss is

especially for someone who once was the boss.

I agree!  I think the Iggy thing & JLO moving into her territory played a part too!

Thats why Mariah can't stand her thirsty *** now :idkha:

5 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

She obviously doesn't. None of the songs from Glory so far has been "Ray Of Lights."

Is it a bad thing? :hype:

ahahah sorry! I recognize that album was a big buzz when it came out... but I personally find that it didn`t age very well... Though I was preferring Madonna at this time (Though My favorite comeback of hers was Confessions)

30 minutes ago, tommyll said:

If you think about it, did she ever wanna be at the top? She wanted to make music and be famous, but it happened SO FAST. Within 3 months from BOMT single to BOMT album, she was the hottest new artist. It happened so fast she didn't look back, just kept going (like what she says in FTR) and she didn't stop. I don't think she realized how famous she was and how fast it happened. In 4 years from her start, she was the most powerful celebrity. When you're that big, you're expected to go to red carpet events, award shows, etc. Now it may seem like she doesnt care about being #1, but it seems she never really did. The reason she doesnt go to red carepts, award shows, etc is because she doesnt have to. She's no longer #1. She only went on talk shows so she could promote her work. 

I think she handled it pretty well for 17. Could you imagine having all that fame and power at 17? But yet she showed up to work everyday, stayed professional, pumped out four back to back albums. Went on the road with nsync, then the baby tour, then crazy 2k and oops and dwad and onyx hotel all in like 5 years! I mean at 17 if I had the money she had and the fame I would've **** my career into the ground I think at that age just being careless.  I have mad respect for her as a professional and an artist.

2 minutes ago, 2loveletgo said:

I think she handled it pretty well for 17. Could you imagine having all that fame and power at 17? But yet she showed up to work everyday, stayed professional, pumped out four back to back albums. Went on the road with nsync, then the baby tour, then crazy 2k and oops and dwad and onyx hotel all in like 5 years! I mean at 17 if I had the money she had and the fame I would've **** my career into the ground I think at that age just being careless.  I have mad respect for her as a professional and an artist.

Im not saying she wasnt professional? I'm just saying she enjoyed it and it was moving so fast she never realized how famous she was until she was married

6 minutes ago, tommyll said:

Im not saying she wasnt professional? I'm just saying she enjoyed it and it was moving so fast she never realized how famous she was until she was married

No I know you weren't. I was just adding to what you were saying. Because you talked about all she did in such a short time. :cigney:

22 minutes ago, Blackout Fan said:

Is it a bad thing? :hype:

ahahah sorry! I recognize that album was a big buzz when it came out... but I personally find that it didn`t age very well... Though I was preferring Madonna at this time (Though My favorite comeback of hers was Confessions)

I agree! In fact it was Confessions that truly made me a fan of her, before then, I may have occasionally listened to her music, if it was on the radio or MTV played her videos or something, but when she released the music video for "Hung Up" I was Hung Up on her, lol, just like Britney bit me with her venom when she released Toxic, which made me a true stan for sure. :werk::thirsty: But I've been a fan of Godney since her Overprotected and Boys days, the true Britney/Primeney era. :makesomenoise::bsass:

Archived