The most impotant takeaway from the Make Me video that no one is really picking up on

Army1

1 hour ago, If U Seek Me said:

Please, her creativity was in ITZ, not in this music video which is just a rushed mess with a generic storyline and some great visuals (the ones shot for the Private Show commercial).

:beynah:

Fixed.

Blackout is a very good album, but she wasn't involved in the project unlike in ITZ, she didn't write any song but 2 out of 15, the 2 most personal songs of the track (POM and WSIBS) weren't even co-written by her, she wasn't involved in the single choices, producing etc... Whereas in ITZ, she co-wrote 10 tracks out of 15 (including one of her best ballads), deciced of the concept, rejected a lot of songs that she didn't like, chose Toxic to be a single instead of I Got That, asked Madonna to be on MATM, was involved in the production, etc.... And I think it's her fave album from her discography (lol maybe Glory is her new fave :woopsie:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Margaery Tyrell said:

Fixed.

Blackout is a very good album, but she wasn't involved in the project unlike in ITZ, she didn't write any song but 2 out of 15, the 2 most personal songs of the track (POM and WSIBS) weren't even co-written by her, she wasn't involved in the single choices, producing etc... Whereas in ITZ, she co-wrote 10 tracks out of 15 (including one of her best ballads), deciced of the concept, rejected a lot of songs that she didn't like, chose Toxic to be a single instead of I Got That, asked Madonna to be on MATM, was involved in the production, etc.... And I think it's her fave album from her discography (lol maybe Glory is her new fave :woopsie:

ITZ is hands down her most hands on album, and the creativity shines through more than any other record shes touched.

What you have to remember though is she was a single 21 year old then, now shes a 34 mom of two. Not that age is a precursor to creativity, or that you cant be/stay creative as you age and have kids, but weve seen her change from coolest chick/trendsetter on the scene to a midwestern soccer mom (ie her instagram). This may be what her version of creativity is now. 

I honestly think that she wanted to keep a **** sensual video, but the time was so limited from when she decided to axe the original that turning out a big concept video that may have required multiple sets, locales, props and rehearsals just wasnt doable. 

The real test will be when she crafts the video for the second single

I do believe she has the ability now that shes well, happy and lucid to put out something really creative and special. She just needs the say so from the jump and not at the end of the editing process. 

13 minutes ago, Oliver T said:

Are u ******* kidding about the involvement? 

We've never seen Britney more in a recording studio than when Blackout was being recording.

She worked hard on that album ;) 

She produced it herself ;)

Blackout is 100% Britney, she picked songs, she recorded several versions of songs, recorded tons of demos, worked with really good composers and writers.

Not writing a song isn't "not being involved" in a project :yaknow:

She wrote songs on BJ, but I highly doubt she was as involved in it as she was during Blackout.

To me, Blackout is 100% Britney Spears' vision of her art. It's what she thinks music should be. It's the essence of her work imo :tbh: 

Love me some Blackout.. I too definitely ~feel~ Britney on that album more than any other

I liked your thread and your positive view!

Sad i cant be as positive as you, and still am hugely disapointed not with the video itself, vut with the mess.

I'm happy for britney's happiness, and wish her all the best. But she shared pictures of other video and knows she raised other expectations, she could at least adress an explanation.

Hope everything turns out good, positivity is always welcome!!

12 minutes ago, Oliver T said:

Are u ******* kidding about the involvement? 

We've never seen Britney more in a recording studio than when Blackout was being recording.

She worked hard on that album ;) 

She produced it herself ;)

Blackout is 100% Britney, she picked songs, she recorded several versions of songs, recorded tons of demos, worked with really good composers and writers.

Not writing a song isn't "not being involved" in a project :yaknow:

She wrote songs on BJ, but I highly doubt she was as involved in it as she was during Blackout.

To me, Blackout is 100% Britney Spears' vision of her art. It's what she thinks music should be. It's the essence of her work imo :tbh: 

I don't think so.... Britney had a tough time back in 2007, she wasn't 100% involved in the project. And no she didn't produce, where did you get that from?

She recorded a lot of demos/song for BO ok, but I felt like she was just doing her job, recording the songs she was given. Its not her vision of art imo, her pure vision of art would be "Original Doll" tbh, we all know why, don't need to explain. The fact that she adores BOM and TOMH to the point she added them to the setlist of Circus Tour and POM despite them not being singles should be enough. I remember reading that she used to write songs on her piano back in 2002 and during the DWAD tour,in the studio she would describe to the producer what she wanted for her track and then would tell him if something needed to be changed/removed. For BO Danja got the demos already prepared with his team of lyricists (she might have rejected/chosen some, who knows?), all she had to do was record.

I'm sure she would've chosen another direction for the album if she had the opportunity. Don't get me wrong BO is my 2nd fave, but I just can't feel Britney on this record.

For BJ I think they bought those written credits :uknowit: Thiefoncé told them how to do it :uknowit: Or maybe she legit wrote the songs but the production was a total mess, I mean Will.I.Flop as the executive producer, really :dontlike:

8 minutes ago, Army1 said:

Quick question, what is up with the blue banner and border around my inital post? I know im new to posting but Ive been following exhale for years and have never seen that or noticed that before

Shows me "This is a popular post"

1 minute ago, Margaery Tyrell said:

I don't think so.... Britney had a tough time back in 2007, she wasn't 100% involved in the project. And no she didn't produce, where did you get that from?

Ive always been under the impression Britney was the EP of Blackout...

9 minutes ago, Williamshakespearss said:

I liked your thread and your positive view!

Sad i cant be as positive as you, and still am hugely disapointed not with the video itself, vut with the mess.

I'm happy for britney's happiness, and wish her all the best. But she shared pictures of other video and knows she raised other expectations, she could at least adress an explanation.

Hope everything turns out good, positivity is always welcome!!

I was initially let down too by seeing the messiness and lacklusterness of the video, but the points that Ive talked about throughout the thread became more important to me after seeing the extremeness of the meltdowns. I firmly stand by every point ive made, but I still can sympathize with the passionate gutteral reaction that others have had. 

Everyones entitled to feel what they want,  I just wanted to share the positive side to everything and try to show how in the long run thats more important. 

While I was very saddened to see how this situation was starting to go viral, I do think that it may pay off in the long run for the single. The blogs and articles will drive people to check the video out which, whether they find it boring or not, will give streams to the song and expose those who werent checking for Britney the possibility of liking the song/buying it on itunes etc.

Archived