Why was the Spears family so prominent in her prime?

3 hours ago, devilsadvocate said:

Has there been another popstar who shared the spotlight with their family and assistant as Britney! I get it was a marketing effort to make her relatable, seem like we knew her … and were like a close friend. But has any other artist ever done that? Like Lynn was on the couch next to Britney on Oprah! 

People like to be in the Britney world. And although she's been hurt also, she loves people. And she's not terrible to anyone in her book. Sometimes people say things about her or people who have been around her briefly or for months or years.

As members on this forum we play our part and talk so much about Britney and her world. We have the power to improve on things and I think we should do that instead of the opposite turning the Britney world into a worse place. Her IG is a beautiful and unique place and if people say constructive things that's ok, but bullying is insane. Fully insane.

I love Britney and I like what you wrote.

• Love 2

Because they were prevalent in her life at the time. She clearly loved them dearly and wanted to spend as much time as possible with them on her downtime. There were also lots of specials about her life and rise to fame, where they interviewed her family quite often. And while I think her mom and sister enjoyed the attention they received by being associated with a star like Britney, I also don’t really blame them for it. They came from nothing, so fame was very exciting to them.

You know who was never prevalent in her life? Her father. He was too busy being an alcoholic and resenting his daughter for the success he was never able to achieve.

Which made it even more bewildering when he was put in charge of every aspect of her life. As Britney said in her book, anyone off the street would have been a better option. She was terrified of him. I think a part of her still fears him to this day. And I don’t think she will ever truly feel free from that fear until he’s gone from this world.

Sorry, I ranted a little bit.

• Love 2
  • Like 7
5 hours ago, devilsadvocate said:

Has there been another popstar who shared the spotlight with their family and assistant as Britney! I get it was a marketing effort to make her relatable, seem like we knew her … and were like a close friend. But has any other artist ever done that? Like Lynn was on the couch next to Britney on Oprah! 

It was control . Always has been. She was owned in their minds . When she had enough . They took her down. 

because they're leeches. Jamie is a controlling freak and Lynne loves money more than anything. Bryan might not be a bad person but he is Jamie's son and Jamie Lynn was a little brat and they prob saw her as another cash cow, sending her to work on nickelodeon the most dangerous place for kids and not taking care of her properly letting her become a mother at 16. they're trashy. 

• Love 1

Also many popstars let the public know their families, but most of them come from a rich family already, like Miley, Taylor, Ariana, so I think they know how to carry themselves better than the spears, altho Miley's family has been very trashy lately I think. 

tbh I feel like they were actually pretty absent throughout the beginning of her career, minus Felicia of course but she was traveling with Britney.

I didn't even know who Britney's father was, like, I didn't have an image of him until idk how many years into her career.

I remember Lynne from those MTV specials or VH1 specials that used to do where they would interview people from Kentwood and whatnot. And particularly the Oprah interview was because of the nature of it being more personal, intimate, etc. Not to mention JL had already started acting too, so it was hard to ignore the mother of "two" young stars.

But most of the interviews from the BOMT and OIDIA era, Britney was pretty much by herself.

Xtina's mom was interviewed too sometimes, but obviously if Britney was the bigger star, it may seem to you that her family was more prominent

I bet if Xtina's sister was also in the business they would've paired them like they often did with Britney and JL, and their mom would've been more known as well

Because they were the reason she was there. 

period. And this has only been proven as time has gone on. There will be some redemption for what they’ve been through as well. Them being silent is also protecting Britney and a long held secret

this is not Madonna or someone else self driven this was a family/management enterprise to collectively hoist her to that position, keep her to task etc. 

• Like 1

Back then, I mostly saw Felicia, & Rob as the ones closest to her. Even her former manager. Other than that, everyone else just seemed to make an occasional appearance here & there. This was just from my external standpoint, across from my television screen. However, you could tell she loved her family, & always wanted the best for them, she even mentions it in her memoir. That said, I also think her personal relationships were overexposed due to her fame, & PR, or whatever you’d like to call it. So perhaps that’s the reason they were always seemingly with her on tv. Just my opinion, but I could be wrong.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LoveYourselfMas said:

Because they were the reason she was there. 

period. And this has only been proven as time has gone on. There will be some redemption for what they’ve been through as well. Them being silent is also protecting Britney and a long held secret

this is not Madonna or someone else self driven this was a family/management enterprise to collectively hoist her to that position, keep her to task etc. 

oh please britney had her own drive and energy which was evident in all her early performances! She’s been in tv since she  12, was on broadway, went to school to special arts school….. Britney could’ve easily decided she didn’t want to sing and dance as a child but she loved it!! Her disgusting family took advantage of her talents and her beauty 

Britney was 16 when she debuted so her parents held any money she made. I also don’t think Britney was too interested in money so probably her parents were in charge of her money for the rest of her career until they were legally in charge of it when the cship started.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.