What was your reaction to "Circus" song and video?

After Blackout almost made me stop being a fan, 2008 was what gave me hope (unfortunately at the cost of Britney's happiness and freedom, but I had no idea at the time).

First of all, Break the Ice video at the beginning of the year was the best that came out of Blackout.

Then after the VMAs appearance, then Womanizer it was like, Britney's back :bouncey:

But Circus, that was like, THIS IS IT  :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving: SHE'S BACK :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

It was classic Britney, or like, exactly what Britney Spears should look like 10 years after her debut. The music was great, the video was fire, she looked amazing. I really wish we had alternative footage of it, I know we have a little bit of behind the scenes from the documentary, but I wish we had entire uncut videos, like the ones we got in GHMP.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Surprised to see people didn’t like the dark vibe of the video.

I loved that- and visually represented that while the song sounds light and poppy there is a dark under tone to the song along the lines of gimme more where it’s a metaphor for her life in the spotlight. Even musically there’s a darkness to the song sorta hidden beneath the surface.

To me both song and video are absolutely fantastic in Britney’s catalogue and up there with her best. I don’t think they ever captured how great the song or video is in any live performance fully. 

• Love 3

This song is one of my favorite songs that I learned in my early days as a Britney fan.
At the time, I was driving my weakened family to the hospital every month for checkups to see if her cancer had returned.
I was very scared because I was not used to nursing her, the possibility of her being given a life expectancy each time, having to change hospitals because the treatment for her was not reliable, etc....

But listening to this song and the entire album at high volume while driving gave me something to hold on to. The album literally saved my life then🙏🏼
Later, I learned that she was in a terrible situation at the time, and my heart ached when I thought about her feelings then. But I think she never gave up no matter what the situation was, and I think that's what this album shows, and those things inspire people.
I have to admire her talent and power to create masterpieces at any time.

And this year, I was surprised to learn the true meaning of this MV. And once again, I have to admire her cleverness, passion, artistry, and infinite love💖

• Love 2

Now i get it this forum is full of younger fans that see things way different than the ones that were 14 like me when baby one more time came out. If u guys were 14, 15, 16 when CIRCUS droped ok… it could have been big for you. For me i was just happy that she seemed in a better place after 2007 but that girl did not look nor danced nor sound nor behaved like the Britney i knew

Edited by BritneyLover

This was always one my top videos from her. I love the aesthetic but would have added more animals and circus themes throughout 

oh an the choreography ain’t that great looking back on it and she looks bored af but all things considered I understand why 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.