Britney’s GMA “Circus” Performance

I watched an audience view and realized it was a lot more intricate than we realize. Her choreo flows well w her backup dancers. It would’ve been nice if she did the choreo in full though. Would’ve stopped a lot of the can she dance questions. Full choreo and this production would’ve killed as an award show 

Edited by Fab britney
  • Love 7
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, Richie said:

I love it but I became a fan after FF so anything pre-FF is primeney to me lol 

I love this choreography and the set, and I think she looks just as good as her prime self. Yeah I wish she would've done the entire choreo mainly because it's so good and she kills it in the video, but like OP said it's still the best Circus performance yet, idk why they had to water down the choreo so much for the tour and her later performances 

I think she simply didn’t want to do the full choreo. It requires A LOT of energy. 
She was already pissed abt being in the conservatorship so she didn’t want to do what her managers said.

Plus she was probably on some super strong psych medication that slowed her down. The meds probably stabilized her mood, but they do majorly slow down a person. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Fab britney said:

I watched an audience view and realized it was a lot more intricate than we realize. Get choreo flows well w her backup dancers. It would’ve been nice if she did the choreo in full though. Would’ve stopped a lot of the can she dance questions. Full choreo and this production would’ve killed as an award show 

I agree 100%, a full choreography would’ve reduced the awkward pacing & elevated the performance —but she did fairly-well, considering everything.

1 hour ago, PrinceAli89 said:

If I'm being completely honest, I felt slightly disappointed at the time. It was different than the usual Britney performances we were used to seeing. The intense choreography and fiery energy on stage. This performance didn't feel bad, just a shift. However, over the years I have come to appreciate it. Even though it was a shift, she still delivered a great performance. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

I felt a similar way about it back then —& I agree, I’ve also come to appreciate it more positively over time. She did reasonably well.

1 hour ago, Richie said:

I love it but I became a fan after FF so anything pre-FF is primeney to me lol 

I love this choreography and the set, and I think she looks just as good as her prime self. Yeah I wish she would've done the entire choreo mainly because it's so good and she kills it in the video, but like OP said it's still the best Circus performance yet, idk why they had to water down the choreo so much for the tour and her later performances 

I became a fan of hers since “Oops,” but generally consider her first 4 eras top-tier, so I base my standard on that. However, I can see how you’d view Circus as part of her prime, especially when you compare it to less inspired eras, like Femme Fatale, etc…

I agree though, full choreo would’ve been amazing, although this is still her best “Circus” performance, yet.

• Like 2

I’m not going to lie and say I wasn’t underwhelmed. The thing is, she could have easily transitioned into this style of performing if she started incorporating live vocals. Hell, even prerecorded vocals would have sufficed, just to make the performances more exciting for us.

But looking back now, I think a lot of us were too harsh on her performances, myself included. The fact that she could move at all in the state she was in is a feat in itself.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.