Do you wish Britney made more movies?

For me, I think it would depend on the roles she took on. I thought she was pretty good in “Crossroads”, but I don’t think her character was that much of a stretch. She basically played a version of herself. At times during the movie I found it hard to separate Lucy from “Britney Spears”. Maybe her musical persona was just too big at the time. I’ve had similar reactions to watching Madonna and Beyonce on the big screen, although I think Britney is a better actress than both.

I would have loved to see her play a character that’s completely different from herself. Something really raw and gritty, like Angelina Jolie in “Girl Interrupted”. I think she could have actually pulled it off. I also agree with others who say she’d be great in a rom com. We’ll sadly never know though, I think her acting days are far behind her.

Edited by Emil87
  • Like 2

Yes I wished she did, it would’ve been a great break that she needed and revitalize her. I never thought of her in serious roles but watching her notebook audition, I can see it now. 

especially looking back at it now she probably wouldn’t have hate the industry so much.

• Love 2

Years ago... Yes.

But now I don't know if she really can face a commitment like acting.

It's very difficult, you need to give your all, be responsible and passionate about it. Other people can't do it for you and you can't fake it.

The Jane the Virgin episode you can see her anxiety taking over and she reads some of her lines. She didn't look and sound natural like she did in Will and Grace and hymym. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Isla said:

Yes and no. Crossroads and the Notebook audition is proof she had potential. But at the same time, if she did more acting we may not have gotten the music we got. 

True.

I just wish she could've done one more role before quitting for good.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.