Halsey is making fun of Britney, this is not a tribute. Britney is going to be upset about this, only Cade could have approved such a bad idea

2 hours ago, SJK said:

its just a vibe/aesthetic and I’m not even a fan of Halsey. It’s not that deep

that's precisely the thing, "it's not that deep", she's just using that part of Britney's life as a "vibe/aesthetic" and THAT's exactly what feels so tacky and poor taste, tone deaf or whatever you wanna call it

I don't wanna use the word "tragedy" because probably Britney doesn't even see it like that, but still it was a part of her life/career that wasn't very fun, and that someone takes that and turns it into a "vibe" or theme, it just feels weird. And not just Britney, but if it was done after anyone else I'd feel the same.

As some people have said, it's romanticizing something that was real and difficult for another person, and she's using it as a motif just like people do cowboy-themed or disco-themed videos/eras.

Like, of ALL things Britney has done career-wise, she could've picked any video, any performance, any outfit, photoshoot, etc, and just create a universe out of it, like she could've recreated the Lucky video universe, or idk, Oops video, or the Blackout album, or the Onyx Hotel, the denim dress, or literally anything else but she chose that, it's like :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

• Love 3

What is the purpose of this :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

I don't know if I'm detecting shade or not, the magazine covers are definitely Britney inspired down to the outfits, Starbucks, pap shots etc...

But the Hilary Duff ones make me think it's more directed at the 90s era.

Is this her attempt at jumping on the 90s aesthetic, like what is this for?? Do we know :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

We haven’t even seen the video or heard the song to determine if she’s making fun of Britney or not.

Tbh I don’t think she’s making fun of her. There would’ve been A LOT worse ways she could’ve made fun of Britney’s breakdown if she is by posting an image of herself shaving her head or attacking a pap’s car with an umbrella, and she’s done neither of those things.

All she’s posted are her with pink hair, Starbucks, and tabloid covers which the only thing you can really tie to Britney is the pink hair. Every single celebrity has had covers like these, so really it’s not just Britney. Plus, Britney has used them too in her work with the Piece of Me and Everytime videos, so it’s really not that deep.

This is so corny and tacky bro 

2000s nostalgia is so boring and overdone at this point 

There's nothing more unoriginal than this , can't people try something new? 

Like , this just looks like that popculturediedin2009 blog that i used to read... 

Edited by Britney Baby

I do not think that she is making fun of Britney directly but like @PokemonSpearshas stated, it wasn’t a very nice time for our girl and even if it’s a homage to that era - it’s in poor taste. You also can’t just decide to be in that era by putting on a pink wig and swigging a frap. That’s where Britney differs from EVERYONE in the industry. I didn’t feel like she selected any of her eras. She just was in that moment who she was and her star power & talent shon through no matter what it was she was going through. Authentic Goddess is what she is. Sorry Halsey but you can’t just have that when it takes your fancy :) 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, NJ jeans said:

and not just the pics, look how she's acting on the videos:

Honestly the only part of your analysis that holds water is the tabloids. These videos don't remotely remind me of Britney and I think Halsey is simply paying homage to the era as a whole. Britney doesn't own the 2000s and other celebrities also were treated horribly during that era. I never even associated the pink hair with Britney initially because it's long, darker, and styled differently on Halsey. 

• Love 1
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, GimmeTitney said:

Honestly the only part of your analysis that holds water is the tabloids. These videos don't remotely remind me of Britney and I think Halsey is simply paying homage to the era as a whole. Britney doesn't own the 2000s and other celebrities also were treated horribly during that era. I never even associated the pink hair with Britney initially because it's long, darker, and styled differently on Halsey. 

Where were you during the entire Britney breakdown?

Captura-de-pantalla-2024-07-26-a-la-s-8-

britney_spears4.jpgbritney_spears3.jpgbspears11-1.jpg

Edited by NJ jeans

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.