Glory is my favorite Britney album ever, only slightly behind from In The Zone. I think something happened when she was filming the video for Make Me and then she lost interest. She seemed super proud of this album and she was doing interviews again and then the concept of the video drastically changed, we got those behind-the-scenes videos and we didn't hear more from the album from her mouth. 

• Love 3

Do You Wanna Come Over was RIGHT THERE. I actually didn’t mind Make Me being the lead single but DYWCO should have been the second single imo.

Honestly Glory should have had 5-6 singles yet RCA only released 2.

• Love 5

If they got the promotion right I think it could have been number one and had a few billboard hits.

Make me should not have been single 

slumber party shouldn’t have had Tinashe. I like her but the collab didn’t match and it lessened the value of the song I think. Non fans would have seen the collab and thought - not interested - I think anyway! It needed another name for it to appeal as a duet! Even if they went for Janet - people would wanna hear it at the very least. 

The right songs weren’t pushed - so much more to offer than what they did 

the vma performance was an opportunity for the comeback of all time but instead was an average performance that was too safe. Albeit her best tv performance in years after BBMA but if it had one ounce of controversy it would have been a different story 

Vegas was still happening and so Glory didn’t have a home or tour instead songs were shoehorned into an existing show 

The mess of the MM video. 

the private show advert coming out a month before the album - if you hear that song and assume the album is the same you’re not going to listen as private show is an awful song 

her carpool karaoke 

multiple things that led to it being less successful than it’s potential 

• Like 2

Make Me had a complicated release. Supposed to launch at the BBMA and a scraped delayed MV that was a lot better. It entered the top 20 2x. I personally love the song. 
Tinashe is a success killer. She must have just been a cross promotion for RCA. 
I would have loved the world to hear “Just Love Me”. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Britney Baby said:

Sadly i agree. It's mostly forgettable and it's still to this day my least played Britney album, even Britney Jean had catchier songs like Work B 

It's not a bad or horrible album but it's not strong, it lacks a big hit song or a good club track

It was kinda too serious and lacked fun, experimental moments , it took itself too seriously 

It's mostly mellow, slow and chill songs that don't really suit Britney imo

I like Britney on clubby electropop or more urban pop stuff

Let's not forget Britney Jean isn't REALLY a Britney Album though.
None of the tracks are quintessentially Britney.
Now that I Found you sounds like a copy past of Wake Me Up by Avicii.

You might say Glory had no theme and is forgettable, but you forget she's actually on most it, unlike BJ.

• Love 1

Yes! It was a bad rollout PLUS the label should have calculated a better week to release and at the very least secure a #1 album. It didn't help that they also released a ton of promo singles before the album.

If Make Me... kept the original MV (or the aura of it, and not the cheap knock off we got) it would have send a better signal for the era.

Slumber Party was nice and the MV was BUDGET.

I needed Do You Wanna Come Over MV as its full pop presence too :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

• Love 1

The correct answer is MOOD RING. At the moment Rihanna is having success with Needed Me, which is by the same producer. The songs are very similar, it would have been a hit with "live" performances; it's personal and at the same time anyone can feel reflected. It's a great song and it feels Britney. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, oscar0 said:

The correct answer is MOOD RING. At the moment Rihanna is having success with Needed Me, which is by the same producer. The songs are very similar, it would have been a hit with "live" performances; it's personal and at the same time anyone can feel reflected. It's a great song and it feels Britney. 

Agree mood ring is similar to halseys hit that yr if she beat her to it mood ring could’ve been big 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, UnusualCammie93 said:

1st: Do You Wanna Come Over (Without the annoying WATEVA U WANNNT)
2nd: Liar
3rd: Change Your Mind
4th: Just Luv Me
5th: Love Me Down

Yep agree the whatever you want sounds harsh on the ears

Make me was fine and one of my fav first singles by her. She wanted to make a revival homage but

stand by my opinion I do not care much for half of glory too much of leftovers from Selena /bieber.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

Exactly. There wasn't any song where I was jumping up and down like omg I gotta hear it again. Some songs I listened to more than others, but wasn't super into any of them.

Same I made myself learn the lyrics bc I'm such a. Stan yet I was disappointed 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, monalisaney81 said:

Should have been 

Lead - Do You Wanna Come Over

2nd Single - Slumber Party ft Rihanna 

3rd Single - Just Luv Me ft Justin Bieber

4th single - Make Me (solo)

5th single - No Seas Cortes ft Ricky Martin

Too many feats in my opinion.
And Rihanna? Justin Bieber? Ricky Martin?

Confused Eyes GIF by MOODMAN
 I do agree Make Me should have been solo. 
His cameo in the MV is so unhinged cause he's essentially ****ing her.

2 hours ago, UnusualCammie93 said:

Too many feats in my opinion.
And Rihanna? Justin Bieber? Ricky Martin?

Confused Eyes GIF by MOODMAN
 I do agree Make Me should have been solo. 
His cameo in the MV is so unhinged cause he's essentially ****ing her.

Rihanna, Bieber & Ricky are all very different & would have all elevated the songs with their own core audience. It would have helped the songs & bring promotion to Glory. Britney would have easily gotten at least two more #1’s.

3 hours ago, monalisaney81 said:

Rihanna, Bieber & Ricky are all very different & would have all elevated the songs with their own core audience. It would have helped the songs & bring promotion to Glory. Britney would have easily gotten at least two more #1’s.

I agree they are all different.
But by no means should they have featured, they'd have felt inauthentic and forced.
Tinashe was a great feature and still got a lot of hate for it. 
G-Eazy was unnecessary. 
They'd have done fine on their own, you don't need ad big names and pander to others fanbases for 1#s. 
Especially as that's not Britney's goal as an artist and performer.

Edited by UnusualCammie93

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.