Why is “Glory” praised by fans as one of her most cohesive albums?

I don't really know what to think about the need for an album to be cohesive...because In the zone is litterally a trip around the world. Not a single song sounds like the other. We have rap, American hip hop, European electro, some oriental Bollywood music, some Chinese music, Rock music, Jamaican music etc etc...

So yeah Glory has a lot of diversity but still, it sounds like Britney so I guess that's why that's a good album for us fans.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Style. said:

Glory” is often praised by Exhalers as one of her most cohesive and sonically adventurous projects, but I just don’t see it. The album doesn’t scream Britney. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:
Should I play it again? What does it sound nowadays? :typing_keyboard_computer:

Wow I can’t believe my eyes

Edited by rik
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Captain Marvel said:

The vibe of Glory is very cohesive, it’s Britney being the ultimate s**-kitten while exploring various mid-tempo soundscapes.  Granted some were very trend-chasing, but it’s unmistakably Britney.  Vocally it’s one of her best works, even critics took note on how alive and engaged she sounds on every track.  If this ends up being her last studio album ever, she went out on top (IMO).  

Imagine Myah Jean being her last effort.  :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

Dying at Myah Jean

• Haha 1

Only because it was better than BJ. And the fans gaslit themselves into thinking it's actually good when it was only good in comparison to BJ

❤️❤️❤️❣️❣️❣️

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)

The album was ok. Am I still listening to it 8 years later? No. I remember listening to it the day it dropped and having a hard time getting into it. It just didn’t hit like a Britney album should ya know? Make Me was good, a new sound for her. Then they scrapped the video 😔 Slumber Party is a bop and one of her best music videos in my opinion. Definitely one of her strongest albums vocally, but as a whole it’s nothing to rave about. I think people liked it cause it was definitely a step up from Britney Jean.

Edited by stronger1992
3 hours ago, Captain Marvel said:

The vibe of Glory is very cohesive, it’s Britney being the ultimate s**-kitten while exploring various mid-tempo soundscapes.  Granted some were very trend-chasing, but it’s unmistakably Britney.  Vocally it’s one of her best works, even critics took note on how alive and engaged she sounds on every track.  If this ends up being her last studio album ever, she went out on top (IMO).  

Imagine Myah Jean being her last effort.  :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

This is a good description. While the midtempos are very 2016 trend chasing, oddly enough I think that’s always been where Britney’s strong suit was in music. Her midtempos are always so dreamy, fun, and it’s where her vocal talent really shines through. Don’t get me wrong, she makes club classics with her dance singles, but it’s always been apparent that’s not the type of music she’s always wanted to make. Britney likes more R&B inspired beats. I would say Blackout is an exception to this, but even those mixes are more mid tempo IMO if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

It’s “cohesive” in the sense the tracks flow well and sound good next to one another. You can tell Britney had a lot of involvement in it. Yes some of the songs are kinda trend chasing and of the time but there’s a lot of experimentation in the sound. I’m still pissed the album only got two singles when it should have had at least five-six.

I think it’s good. I just personally wasn’t into most of the music being released at that time. Pop music didn’t seem to know what it wanted to do. Make me especially sounds dated to me.

I know some people feel the same about FF but I’m very nostalgic for that early 2010s sound and I think it holds up. Maybe one day the 2016 sound will do the same for me who knows. 

But I feel like because pop is doing so much better now I’d of course love to hear her spin on that. But I’m sure glory was the last

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Fita said:

If it's cohesive I'm not sure if I can say that. However, it is adventurous (even if we don't like the adventures).

The adventures - Private show, what you need and coupure electrique.

I'm not sure if I LOVE the album. Here and then I try to listen to songs like Better to see if I like it more. I don't appreciate the WHOLE album (like Love me down and Change Your Mind).

And I still like Slumber Party.

Aside of the sound as you said, when it comes to be a better moment for Britney, we all know that.

Coupure Electrique was awesome and a stand out in Britney’s music catalog since she never to my knowledge sang in a different language. I don’t understand what she sang, but I appreciated it for being something out there and new for her.

I know her Instagram she’s played some non English songs so she must have a unique taste in music and understands a few languages other than English. 

Edited by The Femme Fatale
  • Like 1

Because its the first album since in the zone where Britney the artist feels like an actual creative presence in the creative process and truly experimented with her vocals rather than just emailing some voice notes in. 

Blackout is amazing but Britney is barely a presence in the record.

Circus, ff and bj sounded and felt like Britney had little say and was just told to record vocals via voice notes.

I was really impressed with her vocals  on this record it really felt like SHE cared about it. I'm shocked we were every allowed to hear her sing in a tone like I got what you want or that she was confident enough to try something like private show. 

I hated it at first but damn did it grow on me. 

My four favourite albums from her are in the zone blackout glory and Britney. 

Is it perfect...na ... Is it creative as hell...yes 

Glory is ok. There's nothing extraordinary or innovative about it. It doesn't have the essence of Britney and could be released by anyone. What makes Glory look great is the fact that it came after the BJ... but after you stop to analyze it you realize that there's nothing special about it.

Posted (edited)

Glory is nothing extra, but it is a good pop album and especially after monstrosity as Britney Jean was

Personally I removed Clumsy, Private Show and What You Need cause the chipmunk voice on them is just unbearable

Make Me was terrible 1st single choice and the only thing which could save it was the original video, which was scrapped so ...

It Is Okay Season 3 GIF by Nanalan'

Edited by MIKE_INT

…is it? I’ve literally not ever seen a single stan refer to it as either of those things 💀 Most stans correctly label it as a return to form for Britney after the disaster that BJ was. It’s also the album that gave Britney her spark back and helped her find inspiration again. 

But cohesive? Not even close. An album that goes from Invitation -> DYWCO -> MM -> PS -> MOTM -> JLM -> Clumsy -> SP cannot be cohesive. But that’s one of the things I love about it, and Britney’s discography in general. 

14 hours ago, rik said:

Wow I can’t believe my eyes

This interview is gold and hilarious. I mean, she was speaking the truth. The ones responsible for Kim's downfall were Birdman and Slim. Initially, Nicki collaborated with her on the song, and then suddenly, the songs just mysteriously disappeared... 

I also believe her story that Kim was in talks with Birdman and Slim to sign with Cash Money Records. They allowed her to work on some tunes and melodies, and that's how "Automatic" by Nicki was born. Kim mentioned she had a song called "Automatic," but they didn't let her use it and gave it to Nicki instead. I totally believe her story. There wasn’t any personal beef between them ‘cause they didn’t know each other, but Kim was so hurt they didn’t want to revamp her image so she had to bash and diss the Cash Money Records biggest brand, which we all know was Nicki. Sadly, we will never get a collab. Maybe back then yes, but now Nicki has become so bitter and chart obsessed… it hurts to see. :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad: I love my girl Nicki but she can’t fight the bitter and ‘not a girlie’s girl’ allegations…. And I won’t support that either! :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block